PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    When's a new Zelda coming out damnit
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Pcars is more sideways then forward compared to Gt6.

Still leaves alot to be desired, functionality especially.
  3. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...year-edition&p=1246410&viewfull=1#post1246410
  4. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'm not picking on you at all even when I quote you, Juzzy, but I need to respond to such assertions.

My previous post was implicitly talking about how any game on a console cannot be considered a proper sim. It's ludicrous!

GT6 is NOT an arcade racer... or an arcade anything. Just because the mechanics are simplified to focus on proper driving, with everything streamlined and most cars being approachable and able to both be handled and 'read', does not mean it is an arcade. An arcade is Need for Speed, Driveclub (haven't played it though - feel free to discredit), GRID 2 and GRID Autosport (couldn't play it beyond 15 minutes when I got it free on PSPlus).

My point fundamentally is exactly what N64 said: GT6 is brilliant in the races it is able to pull off. Wheel-on-wheel dogfights are possible, as you're not fighting the car 24/7. It's fantastic! iRacing, Project CARS and Assetto take different approaches to the racing genre, and that's why I said it's up to the individual gamer to decide what they value. That's why I'll keep racing in the GT6 league each Sunday.

Until there are proper 'next-gen' damage simulations in these supposedly elite racing sims, GT6 cannot be singled out for its own focus upon driving and car handling, when every other sim has a similar focus upon its own core experience. No sim on the market has established itself to contain every real-world element that most would demand from a true, superior simulation.
    TheJuzzy and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    @Crunch - Arcade is the wrong term, I think most see the GT games so far as sim-cade. Yes, as you said streamline/simplified sim racer.
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I would put the Console version of Pcars in the same category, but right in the middle between that and a full Sim.

Rfactor Pro would be the Pinnacle though, as it has flexible physics combined with the fact every professional racing team uses it.
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I simply couldn't put GT on the same shelf as PCars.
  9. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Me either i have ps3 games on 1 shelf and PS4 on another shelf....
  10. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Whenever gt6 and pcars are mentioned in the same sentence its gets so heated around here lol
    Beau_Albert and Crunch like this.
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

i cant bag gt, after all those races and it still taught me many fundamentals of racing (or sim racing at least) that still kept me in good stead after moving on to pc sims. i would class it simcade as to me a simulator doesnt have to be exactly right in terms of physics (and lets be honest how many of us would actually know?), but AC simulates many aspects of racing, as ive said before, it has immense depth depending on how far you want to delve.
    all of the top pc sims at the moment feel nothing like each other (to me at least) but i still rotate them regardless as they all seem to have interesting aspects in terms of what they focus on particularly well. once i got my settings sorted out, i liked how tyre grip translated through the wheel in project cars but ultimately feels like it falls short overall.
    i honestly hope AC delivers on console especially for our community, but remember they are a relatively small team (not sure how big ProjectCars team was) and so release may be rocky, but i have good faith they will deliver eventually, if not straight away then not too long. i dont like to put it at the top of list as ive read people find AC too easy which i can understand to a degree but in terms of a simulation it does immensely well i feel. they seem like a company that genuinely wants to give us a good product and the dlc is great value considering the quality.
    garyw61, seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Tell you guys what:

If these virtual reality headsets do the things that my imagination has said they can, then I'll be a happy camper on any racing game at all.
    garyw61, Ryzza5, TheJuzzy and 2 others like this.
  13. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Having never played any PC sims i can't comment on the difference between PC and console racing games. I have played GT since the first release and have considered it the best racing experience available for a part time gamer. But the switch to Pcars was certainly a big step forward in my eyes. Maybe it is just the difference between the old and new gen consoles but i have had to unlearn a lot of bad habits that GT affords you.

Yes it can make the battles spectacular because you are not having to worry so much about if the car will bite you if you aren't as smooth as you should be. There may not be as much door handle to door handle racing but you really need to pick your battles and work hard for a clean pass which adds to the realism for me.

I guess everybody will have different experiences with PCars, i have been affected by the pit glitch a couple of time early on in the HTO series but have never been disconnected, hit an invisible wall, had my tyre temps go stupid or any of the other things i have heard from others. Sure it is not a perfect game but i think they have done a bloody good job with what resources they have.

Quite frankly the whole "my game is better than your game" in the sim racing scene is a joke, instead of being thankful to these companies for making games that can give us that feeling of being a race driver and constantly trying to add features as DLC to improve the game we :):):):):) and moan about what is wrong about it and having to pay more money for extra content as it is developed.

I can't wait to see what GTS is like when it is released and i will definitely buy it and give it a try. I think the most important thing in racing games is who you are racing against, which is why we are all here at ROOZ because we all want to be challenged. i don't really care what game i'm playing as long as i an have some good battles with clean racers which PCars is giving me right now glitches or not. in a few months it might be AC then after that back to GT...or shift 3 ;)

End rant.
    webnomad, stucar17, Crunch and 4 others like this.
  14. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Well said bud
    I could not say it any better with out swearing.
    TheJuzzy and SPL Racing like this.
  15. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Agreed Crunch , I probably when a BIT far in saying that about GT6-5 , but I enjoy pCars so much more , It's just a better game .
  16. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Unbelievable public lobby race with two fellow ROOZ guys and two trolls in Audi R8's creating a grandstand finish on the final lap which ends in tears for someone :p

Worth noting the brilliant ragequit at the end of the race by the 2nd placed R8! Mwahaha!
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    LOL what an idiot. Feels so good to beat those guys who take you out when you pass them
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yer that lobbies was full of idiots especially the one driving the corvette :rolleyes::inlove:
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh yeah he was the worst
    Beau_Albert and seth123 like this.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I had one the other night, jump the start smashing me giving me a jump start penalty, then proceeded to ram me off the road at turn 1