GT6 [Completed] 500PPj Jump Street Event - Mambo with Slambo

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Apr 20, 2016.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well when you enter a car believing it to be legal only to be told no, that is a prototype car, you cannot use it, pick something else, what am I supposed to do? I think it should be legal but my point is when a car is deemed illegal when someone tries to enter it, is then legal later on without reference to someone trying to enter it, can you see why I'm a little annoyed? End of the day who cares, it's a fun event, lets move on.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    So if i rock up not letting you know i can run my NSX LM Protot*** 'road car' :coffee:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Fictional car, not ambiguous like the Miura.
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Since when did prototype not mean prototype,

A brief google search how do you buy a prototype? there is p400's for sale cant see any prototypes for sale though?

You may know something I dont about this car but it seems very odd though.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    apologies @N64TheStig007 . I didn't mean for things to work out this way. I guess as time has continued we have become a little more relaxed on the rules.
    Sometimes things don't go your way (like this car selection issue) and other times they do (like allowing you an extra swap without realising you had none left).
    Like you said it is just meant to be some fun.
  6. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    No need to google, this is from the in-game information:
    Also:
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    so the version on the game is the prototype version of it
  8. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    It was a prototype that was later sold as a standard Miura.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I guess the only question left is does the one in the game represent the standard Muira performance. We could never answer that unless PD weigh in on this conversation. We will just have to be patient and wait for Bob to get enough PP penalties for others to have a chance. I watched the replay from Madrid the other night and the way he carved through the field to be in the lead after two laps is frightening. Bryan offered some challenge in the KTM but was ultimately over a second and a half too slow.
    It is a shame that Jono missed out on the glory of running this thing. I originally thought it was new prototype based on the old Muira and was made this century, I was surprised when I read the details recently on GT6 that stated it was made in the 60's
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Have a look here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Miura under the 2006 Muira concept heading.
    I suspect that in GT5 the Muira represented this 2006 concept car. They possibly changed the dialogue in GT6. I'm only guessing here. It is odd that the detail screen in the dealership doesn't give any specifications for weight etc. That is usually only the case for non production cars.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    When Jono forwarded his request to run the Muira I truly believed it was the 2006 concept. GT6 says differently though.
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    All you need to know about the Miura (and then some) here: The Lamborghini Miura Bible - Joe Sackey - Google Books

I think it's simply a case of the flawed PP system. There are cars that just have higher performance than their PP would suggest, e.g. NSXs and Elises. Most muscle cars are the opposite. I think Bob is just using his knowledge of this to his advantage, which is fair enough.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm not really fussed either way, but perhaps we need a banned car list?
    Eg: All of the VGT's, cars that do not exist (Honda NSX-R LM Road Car), and Concepts.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have just tried to start a list...but it is a lot of work. I would prefer that people just ask about a car if unsure but ask about it in advance of an event.

Just because you mentioned it, the NSX LM Road car would be acceptable...if it were real. It is a tuned road car. But it is just a 'dream' as it says in the description.
  15. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    It's the same car with the same description that won the PD trophy at the 2008 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The 2006 concept car looks nothing like it:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :thumbsup:
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I apologise if I had any involvement in denying @N64TheStig007 the use of this car originally. I honestly believed it was the 2006 concept. I should have investigated further.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I guess the only true recourse of action would be to allow @N64TheStig007 free choice of any car in the game for all future 600pp events and to run his car at no limit
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Huh?
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    #sarcasm