AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

From the Assetto Corsa Facebook page:

Hi everyone! As you can all imagine, it’s been incredibly busy across our community channels in the last 48 hours. Therefore, we want to use this post as an opportunity to address some of the biggest FAQ’s we’ve seen recently…

ADDITIONAL CARS (PERFORMANCE AND PRESTIGE PACKS)
    Over the last few days, an increasing number of our community members have been asking about the availability of the PRESTIGE and PERFORMANCE bonus cars for those who own the standard edition of Assetto Corsa. Right now, we don’t have any information to share. Should this change in the near future, we will let you know across our Official community channels.

PLEASE NOTE – The Assetto Corsa Season Pass DOES NOT contain the additional bonus cars seen in the PRESTIGE and PERFORMANCE packs.

ISSUES / BUGS
    If you are experiencing issues with the console edition of Assetto Corsa, please head over to our Support Forums... http://bit.ly/2bFUtt6

PRIVATE LOBBIES
    We hear you! Our biggest priority with the console editions of Assetto Corsa was to release a stable game with great driving. Be rest assured, going forward, we are going to do our very best to take community feedback on board and build upon the foundations we’ve laid.

STEERING WHEELS
    A number of players have been asking us about the compatibility of certain steering wheels. Please refer to our Official website, where we have published a list of supported and compatible wheels...
    www.console.assettocorsa.net/supported-wheels.php

Good to see they have officially acknowledged the lack of private lobbies.
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    All I get from that is that they've heard all the complaints, but aren't going to do anything about it.
  3. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    They ripped us off !
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

I simply see it as them not making any promises. Both PD and SMS have promised and not delivered. As they said their biggest priority was stability and driving and they have certainly achieved that.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Spin, spin, spin.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @COME_AND_GET_ME7
    Going by your champship thread, there's no way to actually create a room right?
    It's all dedicated servers, with server based track/car combinations on rotation. Is that right?
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Yes dedicated servers with fixed car-track combinations and room settings. I'm yet to see any sort of rotation, although it has only been 4 days. I'd expect them to refresh the servers available on a regular basis because at present some cars aren't available in a single multiplayer server.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  8. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    This is the latest change log for the V1.8.0 update on PC. this will give you an idea of the commitment that kunos has to AC. don't worry console gamers these guys are nothing like PD (gran tourismo) they deliver many updates and bug fixes and have good communication through the comunity.
    Changelog 1.8
    - New Ferrari FXXK (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
    - New Ferrari 488 GTB (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
    - New Praga R1 (Tripl3 Pack DLC)
    - New Audi S1 (A1)
    - New Monza 66 Full Course (sopraelevata)
    - New Monza 66 Junior Course
    - Improved reflection quality
    - Improved shadow stability
    - Improved graphics performances
    - Fixed Tyre Model 10 not updating Dx and Dy value in telemetry app
    - AI improvements on slower reaction after an impact, for more realistic collisions
    - Overlay Leaderboard now shows correct positions on the grid at race start
    - Fixed Laps app showing 0 as first lap
    - Fixed Race Control UI for the low resolution screens
    - Wrong direction penalty gets also time penalty
    - Added float clutch to SPageFilePhysics
    - Fixed turbolevel digital item showing a wrong value
    - Fixed various problems/timing on ghost cars
    - Fixed typo on sound distance attenuation for Lotus Evora GTC/GX
    - Fixed sample attack for BMW M3 e30 GrA/DTM limiters
    - Replay files will not reset anymore at session start (no need to rush out of the server anymore to save a replay)
    - Fixed remote cars head movements in multiplayer and multiplayer replays
    - Fixed typo on LaFerrari active differential lock in coast and small bumpstop stiffness changes
    - General improvements on V10 tyres for rolling resistance, flex, pressures and more.
    - Improved Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 suspension, should improve braking without ABS
    - V10 tyres for Hypercars LaFerrari, McLaren P1, Pagani Huayra
    - V10 tyres for GT2 cars BMW M3 GT2, Ferrari 458 GT2, Corvette C7R
    - V10 tyres for Racing Hypercars Ferrari 599XX, Ferrari FXXK, Pagani Zonda R
    - Fixed ERS power output when battery is close to 0 and MGU-H is set to battery
    - Removed ERS cockpit controls for MGU-H and Recover in McLaren P1
    - Improvement in performance for collision detection and physic solver
    - Fixed clouds when switching sessions
    - Returning to pit during a time penalty results in a greater time penalty
    - Fixed possible drive through cheat
    - Fixed blurred objects not working if speed was negative
    - Fixed hotlap mode: now valid laps will be correctly registered
    - Removed white flag: a new message will appear the moment the race leader starts his last lap
    - Modding: extra animations now binded to three channels NUM 4, 5 and 6 (group animations to make them play simultaneously, otherwise each clip will be played separately)
    - Modding: rotating object support for cooling fans [ROTATING_OBJECT_0] in extra_animations
    - Modding: series scripts added for digital speed bars [SPEED_SERIE_0] in digital_instruments
    zuluwoffle and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yes! Be interesting to see how that works!
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  10. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    That's all great and everything, but where can i see my tyre temps and wear indicators? Is there udp support for consoles? Private lobbies.... blah blah blah. Simulates driving a car well, but doesn't give you much else to play with. I still think it's a great game but it's missing some bits i think it really needs.
  11. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
  12. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

bit of fun with my new fanatec handbrake and oculus rift being used for the first time
  13. Driftoz

damn this is a nice sim setup i think hes running AC too
  14. Driftoz

Im thinking of making some more Oculus Rift driving videos im not the best driver but what car/track combos would people possibly like to see me drive? Im also having fun driving different cars on the Transfagarasan hill climb so ill be doing more of that with different cars in the future.
    Peter Wise and Anon666 like this.
  15. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    New vid from me - this time about my dislikes for the PS4 version. I'll be doing a likes video in the next few days :)
    Rumbleshorts and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  16. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    New statement on FB:

Kunos Simulazioni are 100% committed to ensuring that we build on the foundations we've laid with Assetto Corsa, for our console players! There’s a lot going on behind the scenes and we want to take this opportunity to give you an insight into what’s been going on since launch and our next steps...

FULL BLOG > http://bit.ly/2cg8peq

WHAT’S NEW?
    A number of players were experiencing multiplayer performance issues on the Xbox One connected to voice chat. 2 days ago, we released an update which tackles this issue, so players can now head back in game and enjoy Assetto Corsa.

SCREEN TEARING AND FRAMERATE ISSUES
    Our developers are fully aware that some of you are experiencing screen tearing on both platforms, with Assetto Corsa. They’re currently working on a fix and we will update our community as soon as we can with more information.

PRIVATE LOBBIES
    Whilst we have no news to share right now, what we can say is we are evaluating the available options. Please be patient with us and we’ll keep you guys updated.

AI DIFFICULTY
    This is a tough one… We don’t want to make the game ‘easy’ by any means, but we do recognise that the AI may need tweaking, especially on Easy mode. Our team are aware of this request and are working on a solution. Again, more info on this soon!

CONTROLLER / WHEEL CONFIGS
    We hear you and we are addressing this! We are also working to improve the controller functionality in Assetto Corsa.

Let’s wrap things up for now by saying a massive thank you again to our community for their support. We are excited to build on the foundations we’ve laid. Whilst it’s practically impossible to reply to each and every one of you individually, please know that we do hear you and we are listening.

All we ask is that you stick with us, be patient with us and show us the level of support you always have done.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  17. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Herd this before somewhere !:thumbsdown:
  18. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    But this is better news than we heard you, at least in this statement they say they are doing something about it:
    PRIVATE LOBBIES
    Whilst we have no news to share right now, what we can say is we are evaluating the available options. Please be patient with us and we’ll keep you guys updated.
  19. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Did see this too, and gave me a chuckle (even though I did pre-order :oops:)
    [​IMG]
    Rumbleshorts likes this.
  20. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Iv done a bit if skimming around the Internet and now I'm more confused than before about pitstops in AC. Do the AI actually pit in? I rolled around 20 odd laps in the lotus f1 thing and nobody pit. Any info?