AC [Cancelled] Assetto Corsa PS4 GT3 Super Sprint Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, Aug 28, 2016.

?

What option would you prefer as the first ROOZ AC PS4 series?

1. Option 1 - GT3

71.4%
  2. Option 2 - One Make

28.6%
  1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the first ROOZ Assetto Corsa championship on the PS4. The lack of private lobbies on the console version of AC makes league racing difficult. However where there is a will there is a way.

Format

This series will consist of 7 rounds in GT3 cars. At present there is a total of 9 GT3 servers. It is unclear as to whether or not Kunos intend to update the servers on offer on a regular basis. The 9 GT3 servers currently on offer are as follows:

GT3 at Silverstone GP - 15 min qualifying - 10 lap race
    GT3 at Monza - 15 min qualifying - 10 lap race
    GT3 at Spa - 15 min qualifying - 8 lap race
    GT3 at Vallelunga - 15 min qualifying - 10 lap race
    GT3 at Nurburgring GP (GT) - 15 min qualifying - 10 lap race
    GT3 at Nordshleife Endurance - 30 min qualifying - 4 laps
    GT3 at Barcelona GP - 15 min qualifying - 10 laps
    GT3 at Brands Hatch GP - 15 min qualifying - 10 laps
    GT3 at Zandvoort - 15 min qualifying - 10 lap race
    With the exception of the Nordshleife server races are approximately 20 minutes in duration. This is well short of the standard 45 minute races we're use to here at ROOZ. As a result each round will consist of two sprint races at the same track. The grids for both the first and second race will be determined by a full 15 minute qualifying session. The Nordshleife if selected to be a round in this series will act as a Endurance round. As with the other rounds there will be two races only this time they will be roughly 40 minutes in duration. Qualifying will also run differently with the grid for the first race determined by a one lap shootout. There will be no qualifying for the second race instead qualifying will be skipped and drivers will organise themselves into reverse finishing order of the first race with a single-file manual rolling start to take place at turn 1.

The track to be used in each round will be determined as follows. For round 1 I will give each of the available tracks a number and use a random number generator to choose the track. This track will be determined a week out from round 1. For subsequent rounds the track will be chosen by the overall winner of the previous round. There will be a limit of one track selection per driver. In the event that a winner has previously chosen a track the track will be selected by the highest placed driver in the previous round who has yet to choose a track.

Car Allocation

AC currently has 9 different cars in the GT3 class. Each car has a maximum number of drivers that can use it on the same server. The cars and the number of each available is outlined in the image below:

[​IMG]
    Cars will be allocated as follows: For round 1 cars will be chosen in order of sign up (To be done once a day is locked in and entrants confirm availability); For rounds 2 to 7 cars will be chosen in reverse championship order. Drivers will know at least 5 days in advance of a round as to which car they will be using to allow for practice and tuning if they wish to do so. This IMO is the fairest way of allocating cars as it allows a driver to change there car if they feel they are at a disadvantage due to their initial car selection. It also ensures that the fastest drivers don't run away with the championship by also running the fastest cars. Another benefit of this form of allocation is that it provides some flexibility for when the 488 GT3 is introduced with the Red Pack DLC.

Day and Time

The day on which this series is ran is still being confirmed. A poll has been created to gauge when the majority of the interested parties are available: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...or-ac-ps4-gt3-super-sprint-championship.2372/
    Qualifying will begin at 8:10 AEST with both races expected to be concluded by ~ 9:30 AEST.

Points System

The points system adopted will be the standard ROOZ points system. This point system is repeated below:

1st - 25
    2nd - 20
    3rd - 16
    4th - 13
    5th - 11
    6th - 10
    7th - 9
    8th - 8
    9th - 7
    10th - 6
    11th - 5
    12th - 4
    13th - 3
    14th - 2
    15th - 1
    16th - 0
    Both races in each round will be given equal points. Points from each race will go towards the championship opposed to the overall finishing position for each round. 1 bonus point will be given for pole in both qualifying sessions as well as 1 bonus point for the fastest lap in each race. Therefore the maximum number points achievable in any given round is 54 ( 2 wins, 2 pole positions and 2 fastest laps)

Logistics

The lack of private and customisable lobbies in the PS4 version of AC presents numerous challenges many of which have a work around.

Randoms - There is no way of preventing randoms from joining the server however there is a vote to kick option. In order to kick someone everyone in the room must vote yes (R3 button). As everyone must vote yes it's virtually impossible to kick randoms if there is more than one in the room so ideally we would have at least 15 or 16 entrants. If we cant get those numbers it just means the vote to kick needs to be initiated as soon as a random joins. I'm more than happy to sacrifice my qualifying lap to initiate the vote if this series were to go ahead.

Servers - One cant guarantee that the server with the particular car-track combination for the round won't be already in use by others. Therefore there will always be need for a backup car-track combination for any given round. However given the current lack of online activity (Still to be released in North America) this is unlikely to be much of an issue so long as a few of us get on some time before the scheduled race start and use the server as a practice lobby kicking all unwanted randoms.

Fastest laps - There at present doesn't appear to be a way of seeing everyones fastest lap post race. However during the race there is message when someone sets a new fastest lap. Therefore the fastest lap can be attained by recording the race.

Qualifying - The timer will continue to count down even if there is no one in the server. Therefore once everyone joins the server there will be a vote to restart the session and qualifying will officially start.

Entry List

1) @COME_AND_GET_ME7 - GTR
    2) @Zharvs92 - GTR
    3) @VENDALISM - 650
    4) @garyw61
    5) @Beverages4017 - 650
    6) @Small_Fryz - MP4-12C
    7) @Samsung1998racer - AMG GT
    8) @Konnor McCluskey - Z4
    9) @Spidey_11 - R8
    10) @TheJuzzy - AMG GT
    11) @SuiCid3
    12) @t_b_williams - Huracan
    13) @Blindman - Z4
    14) @AOCleaner74 - Huracan
    15) @Clinton
    16)

Reserves -

NOTE : Thanks to CAGME for getting this up and running. We 'WERE' looking to make this an 'official' ROOZ league, however without the option to run private lobbies we have decided to keep it in the community section. WHEN AND IF private lobbies become available then we will look at changing it to an official ROOZ league to run alongside the regular series we currently run. How long that takes is anyone's guess, but we are hoping the game is patched pretty soon.

As for the night it runs, i dont have an issue with it running on a sunday night, but interested parties will have to decide where they want to race, and where they want to enter.

@cagme, you ill need to gauge the best night for this based on which series people want to run....not sure how many of the interested drivers had intention of racing S5 on PCARS ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
  3. VENDALISM

VENDALISM Rookie

PSN ID
    VENDALISM
    I'm in ...
    love the physics Oh and the 4bit graphics lol
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    yeah, I'll give it a go.
  5. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Put me down. Hopefully it's not on Wednesdays or Thursdays so i can still watch the Batchelor.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  6. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Rookie

Im keen to try this too.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  7. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    NOTE : Thanks to CAGME for getting this up and running. We 'WERE' looking to make this an 'official' ROOZ league, however without the option to run private lobbies we have decided to keep it in the community section. WHEN AND IF private lobbies become available then we will look at changing it to an official ROOZ league to run alongside the regular series we currently run. How long that takes is anyone's guess, but we are hoping the game is patched pretty soon.

As for the night it runs, i dont have an issue with it running on a sunday night, but interested parties will have to decide where they want to race, and where they want to enter.

@cagme, you ill need to gauge the best night for this based on which series people want to run....not sure how many of the interested drivers had intention of racing S5 on PCARS ?
    TheJuzzy and KoAStR like this.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi mate welcome back!
    Small_Fryz likes this.
  10. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Well if this is the official Sunday league event now then I better sign up haha
  11. Konnor McCluskey

@COME_AND_GET_ME7 may I suggest that before we enter the lobby that we send out all invites first before we choose our cars and go to the pits, it will eliminate randoms joining because they can't actually see if anyone's in the room until people have entered the pits. Everyone would then load up at the same time and restart straight away.

Also another point....with a random jokining and someone has to abandon their lap...how about the if it happens in the final minute or so that we restart the session, do one shot quali and then all vote to skip to the race?
  12. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    @CTRacing check out this thread for AC league
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'm disappointed that an AC PS4 series doesn't have the support of the mods. While it sucks that entrants into this series aren't eligible for prizes there is at least one positive. As a non official ROOZ league we can kick this series off as soon as we like rather than having to wait a month until early October for the next official season to start. (Potentially as soon as next week)

I can confirm that we will be going with the GT3's option for this inaugural AC PS4 series. With private lobbies already in the works it would be best to leave the one-make races until then.

At this stage the series will be 7 rounds, however in the likely event of an update improving online play in AC a call will be made as to whether or not the remaining rounds will go ahead or potential changes to the format of any outstanding rounds.

Tomorrow I will edit the OP of this thread and add some of the finer details. I will also get a poll up to gauge when most interested parties are available and whether or not they intend to participate in any of the official ROOZ leagues.
  14. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I don't think that it doesn't have the support of the mods for the Sunday league platform, it's just that until private lobbies are available it's not really a viable option, pcars needed lots of testing before before it was deemed usable enough for the Sunday league, and this series can be used as a troubleshooting dry run series, like the ones we did on pcars before it became the Sunday league platform. Once AC gets patched I'm sure it may become the game of choice for the ps4 Sunday league, hopefully without most of the issues we've had to suffer through with the previous games we have used.
  15. Konnor McCluskey

16. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Only cuz you put my name first. I'm in :)
    Konnor McCluskey likes this.
  17. Konnor McCluskey

That's the spirit haha now I'll edit it and put another guy first to convince them haha
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I think for now we can pick a night to get use to what's there. It's a pretty good sim and the early we get on with it , the more competitive it we be down the track.
  19. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Ill take a 650s first
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Interested.
    Depending on night and time of start.
    The later the better as the kid has decided to start staying up past his 8pm bedtime
    TheJuzzy likes this.