PCars pitstop thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it might be like the opposite of the old GT6 days.

in GT6, originally when you pit, all subsequent tyre sets had less grip and so you were slower. So when we had races with pitstops, you basically went as far as you could on the first set before pitting
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah true. i think if everyone dives in early, there could be a chance for a few to push a hard lap out and come in the next lap even, basically try to overtake between pit stops. undercuts become do-able as well. if there's not much time diff between pressure sets. then its definitely a possibility.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Stu has always picked the date and time to give best tyres temps on default so the difference will not be that much. Maybe you will just even out the wear from a hot left tyre. If drivers pit straight away then they opt to lose time in pits and changing tyres straight away, possibly leaving no tyres for the end of the race.
    For that reason I see your point as not a reason to stop this but to again allow some strategy other than just running lap after lap with no chance to mix things up
    Zachery likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will test it again lads and see which way to go....

Was thinking last night that even after we stopped and the default pressures were applied with the new tires, the temps were all good anyway, as spidey said previously, i try to pick the optimum temp for the tires so the change would be minimal....

I was thinking that given its a compulsory stop, wear would be on real which tended to give 75-85 percent of the race on tires with decent grip anyway, so it would effectively mean that the pit window would be between laps 8 and 27 on a 35 lap race....that would give good tires for the race entirety if you pitted in that window. Remember too, temps come down as the tires wear so that is another factor to consider....

as i suggested the other day, am keen to run a race around laguna (45 mins) and we will run pit stop with tire change and see what happens.......Worst case is we see its a :):):):) fight and we can drop it.....
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Easy fixed ... turn the wear to x2 or x3... they wont wont pit at the end of lap 1 that s for sure
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, will look at it tonight but i think that wear on real will be about perfect
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    If you turn wear on to more than real, then the benefit to tuning Tyre pressures multiplies significantly as you can reduce tyre wear.
    I for one, suck at doing tyre pressures. Seems like whatever i try, even a tiny little adjustment and i've set half my car on fire... if we can limit the benefit to the pressure adjustments, the better so it remains a default tune series and we don't have people finding a second a lap with fresher tyres in the dying laps just because they know what they are doing and someone else doesn't :(
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    agree 100%

Bottom line is that the REAL setting wasnt used last season because the tires went off after about 85% of the race at most tracks....the real setting would mean the tires would be in the pocket on temp anyway based on th etrack setting we select, and even if you stop early (say lap 8) you would still have the new tires in the pocket anyway...all the races i did the other night saw no bad temp changes in the tires, so i dont think its going to be a huge issue TBH
    Zachery likes this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    so slight change ....tonight's race will 29 laps at Laguna Seca with fuel and Tires set to REAL - 20/2/16 date at 3pm...

I will set up a "TUNE" room first, and get everyone to delete their pitstop profiles, and make sure they have the right setting, do a 3 lap race and then set to the full "NON TUNE" race room.....5 lap qual......i will ask that everyone LEAVE THE PRESSURES so we can see if anyone has any issues with the default pressures.....

Catch you all tonight, i may get on a little earlier if i can.....but will keep the start time for the test race the same.....if needed we will have 2 chat rooms open with me and someone who can help with pitstop settings in the other room @Ad2mny ?? maybe....

Talk to you later guys

Stu
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Not if the pits are closed for the first 40% of the race...
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah we could have a pit window where they are closed till lap 10 or something, but i still think that if the track temp is optimal in stock tune then there will be very little to gain.
  12. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

So keen for the compulsory pit stop makes the races a little more interesting. I'll jump on tonight
    The_Spectre and Spidey_11 like this.
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I jumped on last night at around 8pm (QLD) and you weren't guys weren't on. Did a few runs on my own anyway to see what is in post 1 worked and it did so was happy,

Was still sad you guys weren't around :cry:
  14. Slambobagan

Pit stop practice race worked mint, please keep for this season.
  15. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Don't really need a window either. I pitted on lap 4 and still had 72% on tyre wear and was lapping within 0.5 of my quickest time
    SPL Racing and Spidey_11 like this.
  16. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    There were a few of us on, send me a friend request and I can add you to a race whenever I am on
  17. Slambobagan

Front right tyre temps seemed to stay around 111deg fresh tyres on lap 15 and instantly was .2sec a lap quicker but then equalised after about 5 laps, tyre was hot again and was slightly slower for the rest of the race.
    Not much difference though between old and new tyres.
    Can't wait for season to start, fukn luv this car.
    What happened to @stucar17 last night?
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    All good for me
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I got DSC after VARDZ got DSC ! started a new room and got some of the other guy up to spped with it..

Bottom line was, did the test and everyone seemed to be good with it....Tire temps were fine on stock, and even with a slight adjustment there was minimal wriggle room to adjust them anyway, and they normalise after a few laps...
    In the 29 lap laguna race, i pitted lap 16, tire change was good, got the undercut on Gary, had good pace for 2 laps, then they dropped a little to what i was running before the stop..

I am pretty confident this will work well, with the wear on real.

SO, am planning on running with PIT STOP for every round.....wear on real.....and it is a point of difference to what we have run with no tuning required....

Even for the enduro, will run an open tire which means everyone will start on the soft (default) and then are free to pit for softs or Meds (set up in pit strat) with the thought that on REAL you could get home with 1 stop after stopping for meds, or go 2 stop on soft and make the time up on the faster tire......
  20. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yep, this worked beautifully for you Stu, and demonstrated perfectly how a pitstop can add a little bit of strategy.