RaceOnOz Number Allocation

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Hatfield, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Did I get 21?
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you will... but I forgot to get to it lol. remind me during the week if I forget again :p
    Half-Byte likes this.
  3. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    All good lol
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated table in OP
  5. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

85 for me please
  6. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

how do i install a image and what type of image is appropriate
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Save it as PNG ot JPG on imgur.com and then paste the URL for it in the little picture window on the header of the text box.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    don't worry mate, yet to update is because I haven't got around to updating the image, but wanted to let people know that number is now taken
  9. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I use #6 currently, but this thread and system is reasonably redundant, because I'd use #6 even if someone else did (as I did in seasons past when #6 was used in a division I was not in).

So, is there a chance that this could be made a little more official? If not, it's really redundant as people (me) do what they want to anyway...

1. Regulations to use your proper allocated number, or else suffer penalty?
    2. Regulations written in the OP of each division's thread?
    3. Lifetime use on GT Sport?

Power to you if you enjoy the affinity and ownership over your number and keep it consistent each season, but because these are not mandatory, I have no affinity towards these things and they change based on my temperament.
    -

While I'm on this similar topic, I might add that the crossover to GT Sport is a valuable opportunity to re-think the systems and initiatives currently undertaken. Things can always be analysed and improved upon, and I think that the teams system is one of such things; my current team BHR has a brilliant backstory and heritage, and I feel that other teams may not have such a presence. IS a cross-platform teams championship necessary? Maybe a team could establish themselves to dominate one game or another, to the detriment of other ones? Team owners instead of merely team captains (a person who endeavours to start and build their own team's reputation, thereby facilitating an active interest in its success, and creating in-house driver development and tutelage policies)? I know I personally would like a rule that a team must have a minimum and maximum of two drivers per division. Having a teammate is nice and better than having teammates in a variety of situations, speeds and games. Threads in the official league section could also be streamlined to make things easier to find and understand as well. The GT6 thread list goes on and on. An ancillary 'folder' akin to the 'Past Seasons' tab could hold all the messy stuff like voting threads, support threads, name list, car and track lists, etc., so that the official, streamlined page would have just the division threads, and a singular results thread for tables (which includes the drivers championships, teams championships table, and the race and lap times collated table).

Blah blah blah... I got too enthusiastic with this post as usual.

PS. I love the admins and the work they do to the betterment of the site.
    -

tl;dr - I find this thread quite redundant in its current situation, and I believe that the admin time and effort could be better spent elsewhere on the site than on a number system that holds no authority.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    @Crunch I think if a team was to establish itself in one game only I am not sure how the sponsors work. But I cannot imagine that going down well if the sponsor wasn't being represented in each official league run here.

Maybe such idea would work better if the teams were smaller and live in a division like a soccer team and moved up or down through divisions needing appropriate drivers. Either way the numbers and teams situation is pretty low key with how keen everyone actually is, At the end of the day this site is pretty casual for those kinda things. Most series can't get decent grids be cool if the teams titles had more depth but I just cant see something like that happening sadly.
    Crunch likes this.
  11. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    How about a numbering system based on a seeding structure. If we have 100 plus drivers come GT sport then there won't be enough numbers to go around. All cars are numbered 1-16 in their division based on previous seasons performance. If a driver is promoted to a higher div they will have a higher number.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Kinda like F1's number system before personal numbers
    SPL Racing likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    This number system is an easy way of selecting a number for yourself for use in GT6, and future games where you can select your driver number.
    Doesn't matter if 2 people have the same number because someone doesn't know/care because it is just a game :)

The way teams champ works means that no team will ever dominate over and over.

The GT6 thread list has the most important ones stickied at the top...

My time and effort in keeping this updated is minimal. When someone requests a number it is a 5 min job to update during the week. (replying to this post however, took more time lol ;) )

Thanks for the ideas though :thumbsup:
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we had an issue with plus 100 drivers in GT6, which was solved by the backing behind the number, choosing between round or square
    WOLFYDADDY007 and SPL Racing like this.
  15. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah I know I'm just playing devils avocado
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Nice responses guys.

I was just reporting in and saying that I use #6, but the fact that a thread needs to be devoted to collating such data at all is redundant. It's not important, mandatory or even preferential, so I don't know why this thread even exists if it serves zero purpose. It feels silly. I don't have any opinions on the matter otherwise. Rational discourse fosters progress and improvement, and I just thought I'd make a few points. I can see GT Sport exploding, and it would be cool if the number allocation meant something.

-Crunch has left the building -
  17. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    If this thread was completely redundant then there would be 56 guys running around with the number 69 plastered on their car and 2 guys with number 6. I had a personal attachment to my number 24 when I played GT6 and it was good to know that only me (and maybe one imposter with a round backing plate) would be running it. Us humans need some kind of order to keep us in line or we would end up like a bunch of monkeys flinging poo at each other.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'm totally running #69 next race, haha.

And I urge everyone else to do the same!
    SPL Racing likes this.
  19. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I thought you left the building, who let you back in... Security!!!
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Security are no good...
    [​IMG]
    Sam D Blacklock and SPL Racing like this.