IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Or use my name as referral and give me ben smif payback money?
  2. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Let me know how it goes Zharvs, I have been thinking for a while about trying it but think I would be too slow for some of those guys in IRacing. I really like the enduro side of it and would be keen to get into something like that. After hearing that GT Sport won't have full VR support but only a small section to try it in game I may consider stepping up to something more serious next year.
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Its with 2 ff smiff
  4. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    No its "Ben Smif"
  5. Benjamin J Smith

fair enof
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Is there anyway someone could send me the .PSD file for the Audi R8 GT3 to paint? Feel like getting my Photoshop on tomorrow
  7. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    @Zharvs92 get a coupon code from someone on the forums. I used one and the 3 months cost me like $5 US. I'll have a look thru my msg's
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    @Zharvs92 msg this bloke and see if there are more promo codes or try this one
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Will do. just ran a system check to see if itll run no worries and apparently ive only got 750mb dedicated video card. its a 2gb gpu/graphics. i dont know what that even means lol
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Without having the sim to load up the skin WIP you will struggle to understand the intricacies of the template layout.
  11. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yeah i know theres a few points i'd be crazy confused about placement and if anything is aligned up (not likely) but if i looked off a pre-made template for the car i could get a rough idea of what i need to be doing.
  12. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Exactly what KoAStR said you need the sim so you can see what you'll doing on the tamplate especially on cars like GT3's. See it's like jigsaw puzzle without any guide slot sometimes it does your head in [​IMG]
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yeah i'd only be doing the bits i can figure out from the template or from looking at other peoples skins and seeing whats what. Cheers
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  14. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Yeah nah gl with that, twat!
  15. Benjamin J Smith

lap 3 to 8 of my race from Tuesday night at Road America
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Another epic Battle From the Final round of the Development series at Bathurst
  17. Benjamin J Smith

New PB of 2:05.544 tonight... only 2.5 seconds to find, 3 months ago a 2:11 felt fast
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. Benjamin J Smith

last nights race in the OSR Development Series didn't go to plan from the get go for our 2 drivers...
    Both Sam and Michael getting taken out in similar fashion turn 1 lap 1.[​IMG]

Sam Started off well from 3rd getting the jump on 2nd place as then entered turn 1, but was short lived as the car that started 2nd tried the over under into 1 and tapped the rear right hand corner and spun Sam off into the paddock.
    [​IMG]
    Sam put his head down started to pass some cars but made slight contact with another car into the old hairpin spearing them off track and resulting in Sam getting a drive through penalty...

after taking is PLP he set off in aim of a top 15 position and with 8 laps to go he found himself in the top 10!!!! catching the leaders and half a second a lap!!.
    but unfortunately with 3 laps to go, the engine expired and ended his race in 33rd.

Michael suffered the similar fate into turn 1 but also had other issues after the pit-stops having contact with another driver on cold tyres putting him a lap down, he trundled home to finish 31st 1 lap down.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What could have been with Sam being half a second quicker then the whole grid after the stops [​IMG]:(

Anyway onward to Sam's goto track in Phillip Island where he is sure to feature on the podium if not a win by half a lap..

Tonight we have myself and Giantsalyer in the Main Game, running yet again door to door with some of the big names of the iRacing V8SC Community
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Seems @Sam D Blacklock has slipped right into a groove since making the switch. Onya mate. Goodluck tonight giant and ben.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

alright here we go strap yourselves in... tonights races

So tonight we had Round 2 of the main game in the OSR series, 50 laps at Donington.

Both Ben and Steven qualified in the top split with the big boys with Ben starting 28th out of 40 and Steven starting 18th.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After qualifying 18th and getting away fairly well a cut track slow down penalty was the start of the downfall as he attempted to slow down the time just kept on rising and by time he had a chance to come to a complete stop the black flag was raised then after serving a 17sec stop and hold penalty in pitlane on lap 3 the black flag still remaining resulting in him being disqualified the very next lap and all you could hear before he retired was " this is Bull**** "
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ben on the other hand got pushed wide before the old hairpin and made his own racing line completely avoiding the old hairpin and coming out underneath the bridge, manage to serve slow down and still maintain position that he was in before getting pushed off track.

Ben then put head down arse up and set out on turning fuel into into laptimes. once he had come in for his scheduled stop at lap 33 the tyres were shot and had dropped down to 35th position, but had low fuel and fresh tyres when everyone else pitted at the halfway mark or before..[​IMG]

once everything was at optimal temp, Ben was a man on a mission and managed to gain 15 positions to finish 20th.
    [​IMG]

now focus towards Phillip Island where on Tuesday Night i will be spending 3 hours watching Sam and VH race and making sure Sam has enough fuel to get to the finish... ahhh the life of a crew chief.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016