RACEONOZ Penalty Table

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Hatfield, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we used to run them, but stopped due to the ghost passing issues it could cause and also the cut penalties could happen on certain corners where ROOZ rules deem it not a cut
    Knuckles and Easyprey007 like this.
  2. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    @stucar17 most drivers try their best to race hard and clean accidents do happen this is not the point the point being if there is a protest the more transparency there is the better for all concerned instead of it's my oppion reigning supreme the rule infringement then being quoted all concerned then know what happened. Those in that division can then IF THEY WANT can look at their own replay to see what happened. In the race where Verstappen cut a corner Vettel's reaction was meltdown max said it was alright Vettel protested got 3rd rules then were applied Daniel got 3rd. Why was this upheld because rules were applied not oppions. Those who thought they were right were so wrong. RULES RULE. THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL BE FAIR. Mercedes got away with corner cutting at the beginning of the race. :cool:
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I think the discussion/debate and outcomes in this forum have been very healthy for ROOZ.
    I have a short example to add. When I race I try not to touch anyone ... except my good bud Let's Party. We tend to push the envelope with each other. This attitude though took me past the point of respecting his race and I made too much contact in a race recently that effected his race. He then naturally returned my bad attitude. This was a great wake up call and clarified what i feel is the fine points all are now discussing. I now will treat Let's Party again with the same respect I try to treat other drivers with, which is to try and avoid contact at all costs and respect their race as my own and not effect their racing and ultimately their enjoyment.
    My long winded point is I believe respect is the key to fair, clean and enjoyable racing. This does not mean we can't battle on track as I have had many clean hard battles with assorted ROOZ drivers from all divisions.
    Respect for the ROOZ rules and regulations, respect for your fellow drivers, and respect their race and enjoyment. This is my motto for all other ROOZ drivers, including Let's Party :oops:
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Crunch, Half-Byte, JonoStan96 and 6 others like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    This is it in a nutshell mate. EVERYONE should be TRYING to race as cleanly as possible, however, we also dont want a precession of boring 'racing'. There are a few of us who can proudly say we have never had a protest lodged against us ! we have had many a great, hard fought race, where mutual respect is shown.

I think this whole update of the rules and regs is a good thing. If nothing else it reminds us all what is expected and whaat we can do to make the process easier.

I have to say, 'almost everything' that has been put together was already in our rules and regs. TBH i think there were a lot of people who werent aware that these regs existed, as they seemed to be a little buried in the size of our community.

With the collated document, we will now just need to address the requirements of each game, and how any penalties are applied. Stay tuned.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @stucar17 maybe under sporting offenses we should add swerving to break slipstream or something to that effect
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Or in a braking zone...
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    If they change direction more than once, then yes.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    We can, it is already in the rules. Had this debate back in the GT6 days.

Will find it tomorrow and post up.... is def there.
    Hatfield likes this.
  9. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    @Hatfield

See sections 5A(q),(r),(s)

A breach of any of those sections is a Dangerous Driving offence under section 7A (nb. The deliberate nature of them), attracting a 25 second penalty on first occasion.
    Hatfield and Zachery like this.
  10. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Also maybe there should be penalties for those with bad network connections that cause chaos. Not those that have a problem once in a while (most of us), rather those that have constant issues and never make an effort to fix them.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    in F1, those that have constant network issues were not able to race until they had proved (via PM to mod/ Room Captain)it was sorted. if someone is having constant issues then let the room captain know, they should then advise the person that they are having constant issues, and request proof that the connection is sorted before being able to race again.

Its not about excluding people who dont have decent internet, but more that it can have chaotic results for everyone else in the room.
    bmx_mtb_boy and Hatfield like this.
  12. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Pretty much what I was hinting at. Wasn't that long ago I had a few problens due to aging (read ancient) network hardware that couldn't keep up. Replaced and fixed now. Did cause a few headaches whenever I was required to host though so I definitely know what both sides of the argument feel like.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Zachery likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I agree with this, my net has declined so badly in the last 2 years, GT6 is nearly impossible now. Fingers crossed NBN next month provides a remedy to my near endless attempts at fixing it.
    Zachery and bmx_mtb_boy like this.
  14. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Hopefully that works. Invest in a decent router too and once set up it should end your problems.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah that's one of the solutions that has failed to work.

I've spent at least $1000 of my own money trying different routers but all end up reaching the same dead end.
  16. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    I'm using a PC running pfSense software with a couple of network cards. Whole setup including a wireless AP for my phone only was around $60. Managed to host a full room running off Wireless a couple of times too. One option if you don't mind a PC running 24/7.
  17. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

On GT6 we generally only have serious problems with people using 4G wireless internet connections.
    I understand that for some people 4G, satellite or other wireless connections are the only option they have to get online, but unfortunately they are almost always no good for reliable online gaming. Especially games that require a constant stream of live updates which is very true for racing games.
    I think it just needs to be considered part of what is required to go online racing, like with any sport.
    If I want to go play tennis, I need to buy a racquet, tennis shoes and other appropriate tennis clothing, otherwise I can't play.
    To go online racing on raceonoz, I need a PS3, PS4 or PC, I need the game, and I need a solid internet connection.
    Half-Byte likes this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    In my nearly 2 years of gaming & racing on a 4G signal prior to getting NBN, i can say i had literally 0 lag incidents on any game (Including GT6, PCars, and F1) so id have to disagree from actual experience. in all honesty ive had more lag on NBN than i did on my various hotspot devices in that time, go figure.
  19. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Only ever used wireless for 8 seasons and had no lag incidents and 0 DSC. Can't blame 4g
    Zachery likes this.
  20. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    It's not your lag that will cause you problems it's the inconsistency of connection between 4G networks and normal broadband that will cause instability on other people's games
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.