RACEONOZ Penalty Table

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Hatfield, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Fair cop on the warnings but I notice that one of the culprits has been left out could I please have a reason why those who correctly entered where given a warning but in particular one driver who breached the rules on entering is covered in Teflon because if this person was allowed to go Scott free then this should apply to all or is there one rule for some and not for others.
    Half-Byte likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    probably just innocently missed one... this post could have been better PM'd to the stewards group with the name of who you are referring so it could be rechecked
    WOLFYDADDY007 and Ad2mny like this.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Are the rules there just for the sake of having rules, or does each rule have a point behind it?
    Crunch likes this.
  4. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Instead of selecting certain ones to warn why not warn every racer and deal with the individual perpetrators as they commit the offence. Especially when ones who get a warning when they have no clear advantage over anything during the race (being in last for example). Also who put the protest in? Isn't the penalised person supposed to be told that they were protested against, And also be allowed to reply to the said warning message.

If the offence was so wide across all divisions it makes sense that every driver be warned in general.
    But! If you wish to keep the warning private why not include those who took blatant disregard for pit entry. Rather then warning those who tried their best to deal with the "spit out" on pit exit.
    Crunch likes this.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    As with the Round 1 penalties, the results will be put into the penalties thread.

The pit lane penalties were not a specific protest, rather a disregard for the driver briefing.

The pit lane rules are there to ensure that the entry and exit does not obstruct or distract other drivers. Like the rest of the circuit, there are boundaries. You do not cut the corners on the race track just because there are no other cars around ( we hope!! ) so the same should apply to the pits. There were specific instructions in the briefing that instructed the drivers, just like when we specify areas of the track that are no go areas.

We are not trying to take the fun out, and we have just applied warnings this time to the offending drivers. If we all obey the briefings and track limits then there's no problems.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah well ask anyone ive raced with or played anything with mate, 4G was perfect all the time. Have you even used 4G yourself or just commenting for the sake of it.

And as for the pitlane rulings. Follow the rules. Not that bloody hard
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I've tried using my phone's LTE connection as a hotspot. Worked even worse than the bad wi-fi provided at the hotel! 4G isn't bad in terms of latency, jitter or bandwidth per se, it's the network configuration that wreaks havoc (as in network incompatibility) when playing in GT6.
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    How many times has Tokyo been used in the past, and how many times was the pit lane entry/exit lines changed to solid lines and enforced as such?
    Bluemoon likes this.
  9. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Hotspoting my PS3 has worked on the few occasions I've needed to for GT6, but the real issue was the UPnP (or lack thereof) causing numerous invisible cars. For the people I could see, lovely lag free racing (even back on 3G) to blokes from all over the globe.
    Anyway back on topic - however you derive your internet is not important (unless you play GT6 it seems), the question that was posed and quickly forgotten was; should Rooz implement a minimum standard of connection quality to go racing?
    If so, what what that standard be, how would it be enforced and for what series would it be enforced?
    We've seen all speeds and connections work, coming up with how to work the issue out is a lot trickier than I suspect people are making it out to be.

Edit - do we have a resolution to the Pit Line issue as yet (and have I missed it)?
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  10. Half-Byte

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    For your information I have used 4G and to everyone I raced with it made it bloody difficult for everyone around me. I'm not stupid and I don't comment for the sake of commenting.

You are "officially retired" so your opinion on penalties is null and void.
  11. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

All 4G connections I've seen use carrier grade NAT which basically means you share a public IP address with other 4G customers. This completely eliminates the ability to use port forwarding, as port forwarding requires that you have your own public IP address. Port forwarding reduces the amount of work the router has to do, especially if you have other devices sharing the connection.
    Half-Byte likes this.
  12. Half-Byte

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Hence the 4G incompatibility with internet modems/ broadband
  13. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Everyone knows personal hotspots are not compatible with PS3 total stupid comments by those who try to cause trouble with personal attacks are in my opinion not adding to the result but feeding their own ego.
    Beau_Albert and Half-Byte like this.
  14. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Let's drop back on the Attacking and Defensive comments please. Let's try to make this as constructive as possible and not a mindfield for the mods to tread hopelessly through. If you have an opinion on the matter, you may speak, but if someone has an alternative view, don't bother arguing it and instead let the Moderators choose which outcome they as a majority prefer.

Personally, I'm baffled by the whole GT6 Pit debate from an outsiders POV and those asking if the penalty can be reduced in their respective thread....
    The whole point of this Table was made as we didn't like indecisive or inconsistant penalties being applied to us. The Table was made so that we can all pinpoint what offence has occured, and immediatley see what Penalty said offence warrents. I can't speak for AC, but i know for a fact Stu and Hatfields Ctrl+C button make a decent sized post in the leadup to each weeks round. The rules are Publically stated and outlined for all. These are normally posted days in advance, and if you don't get a chance to read it, a quick PM on PSN to your Room Captain for a brief-run down will be sufficent. I know Pit Entrance and Exit was mentioned in the briefing for both, and a penalty for not complying with these rules does feature on the Penalty Table. We want a black and white system, that's how you do it. Harsh? Perhaps. Fair? Absolutley.

Sincerley,
    Beau 'Crunch the Second' Albert
    Crunch, Kieran_B33, Zachery and 4 others like this.
  15. its-benny-racer

I don't expect people to take my word for it, but designing, building and maintaining networks is a significant part of my day job (and has been for more than a decade).

There will come a time when IPv6 will be phased in, at which point we won't be limited on IP addresses to assign to devices which would eliminate the need for NAT. Plus it has some other features that should make distributed data streams more efficient. But I couldn't tell you how far away that is.
    seth123 and bmx_mtb_boy like this.
  16. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Looking for patterns of obvious problems with certain drivers seems to be a starting point. On a side note, UPNP can be a security issue depending on the router used. Port forwarding is a better solution if you can implement it. Probably should point out that when I mentioned I'd hosted rooms with wireless, I was referring to WiFi not 4G.
    StigsTC likes this.
  17. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Well I'm about to study network engineering this year but I get what you're saying. My guess is it will be an even longer time before consumer level network gear has decent support for IPv6, let alone video game consoles supporting it.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No personal attacks please guys or I will lock this thread to let everyone cool down.
  19. its-benny-racer

I believe most routers on the market today will support IPv6, it's actually our ISPs that are dragging their heals. Particularly in Australia, we're not short on available addresses (I just ordering another /29 pool this week) so the carriers here aren't in any hurry.
  20. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I obtained a business one from Telstra which gave me a fixed IP and I could set port forwarding nat 2 . I also get more download and upload than some of the fixed line guys 20down 5up. You can't rule out the tech it works fine. You can only talk to someone about lag if it happens and try find a solution.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.