IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Cool, if you need a hand with anything at all just hit Giantslayer, Sam or myself up
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  2. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    will do thanks
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Ladies and Gentleman, meet the RACEONOZ Chevrolet Corvette DP i'll be piloting in Season 8 of the RPR C7 Championship! :D The series will be kicking off in just 3 weeks time and selected races will be broadcast if anybody is interested in watching my debut into the competitive League Scene! I'll be recording my POV at the same time so if you can't catch it, i'll be able to make a brief recap of my races! Ultra excited for my debut, time to start getting the mileage up in this 650+ bhp weapon. Because y'know, a V8 Supercar is just a little too slow ;)
    Below in a spoiler i'll leave the livery process down below since i put plenty of hours over the last year thinking about it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spent ages creating this livery, over a year ago i started making a few sketches on paper on how i wanted it to look like and if i wanted to reference the livery off other cars, which i did in the end. The primary car i based off, was the #5 Mustang Samplings Action Express car which won the IMSA DP championship in 2014 and 15, narrowly missing out in 16. The second styling que, came from the 2015 and 16 Corvette C7.R's ran out of Pratt and Miller.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And so i made these sketches, very very rough but outlining what i wanted at the time. The white Area would eventually be Digital Urban Camo but i was never a great drawer so i left it white on paper. This was over 12 months ago... the same time i changed my Avatar to feature Urban Camo. A little hint from the start ;)
    [​IMG]
    And after sitting on the design for a little bit, i realised it was a bit too bland on the sidepods *Barring the huge ROOZ logo and the camo on the side which was always going to happen* and around September last year i decided i wanted it to be a little closer to the AXR car, and using Photoshop i eventually came up with this:
    [​IMG]
    Adding the White in a very high volume has totally changed the appearance of it initially and i think it looks epic! I did in the final product lower the White on the Front Bumper so it meets the air intake rather than going just about it, but apart from that and the wing plane, this render became the final thing! The only things remaining are the Sponsor Decals everywhere other than the hood of the car in game and then i can just about call it a day!
  4. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    What an aero twat, just imagine Ben Smif when he see's this.
    seth123 and Beau_Albert like this.
  5. Benjamin J Smith

oh i have read it
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Well.... i've just been fired on Day 3 :laugh:
    bencrow- and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  7. Benjamin J Smith

nah need someone who drives stuff other then the Supercar
  8. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Livery looks great beau!
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    New PC arrived, same terrible internet, hurry up you SOB!
    [​IMG]
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yeah, that's only the installer.... get ready for the much bigger file just around the corner ;)
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Around the corner? I could probably sprint around the Nürburgring faster than my pile of junk internet can download this installer :(
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Well i made my proper debut tonight in the V8SCOPS EMR Supercup support series.
    I made a fantastic jump from the grid making two spots up into Turns One and Two, and had consolidated the positions before a Safety Car came out before Lap One was over.
    On the Restart i held position for the next few laps, but on Lap 6 i came unstuck at the chicane and got a Slow Down penalty, sending me backward to 14th. I recovered as hard as i could and even being stuck in a TTL sandwich at one point, i made clean air work perfectly whilst others pitted for their necessary Fuel stop and came out in P10 with Brett Cananzi behind me.
    Brett was never quite close enough to threaten me so on the final lap i decided to take the final corner, the most likely to stuff up, a little easy. Big mistake... Brett got a great run and i narrowly held onto P10 across the line to mark a great debut into the series for the Raceonoz iRacing team and myself. These guys on iRacing definitely can drive :laugh:

Thanks to Turtle Beach, Pagnian, IgnitiON controls, Selby Acoustics, The Gamesmen and Hi Tec Oils for their support of the team. Hopefully this is the start of a successful campaign!
    [​IMG]
    George, ssman244, Spidey_11 and 10 others like this.
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Epic amount of coverage on the broadcast aswell
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  14. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Not like an easy pCars win Beau ;) I know how quick you are and to see you get 10th scares me lol
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Very new car for beau, very different to what he is use too... no TC or ABS with sweet FA of aero. Was exciting to watch to be honest.

The whole feel of the event with split 2 supports then top split made it feel like a real race event, was run real well by the V8sonline and V8SCOPS guys.
    SPL Racing, Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  16. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Just watched the race, well done Beau, you can tell you have the speed, just getting the change from Project Cars to iRacing in the consistency and you'll be right up there! I plan on moving out within the next year and hopefully looking at getting a good PC and looking into iRacing, in the meantime I'll go hard trying to fight at the top of GT6 but very good stuff indeed. :thumbsup:
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Gowie said he was very sorry for flipping one of the forum sponsors cars lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    which sponsor is NVINgVd ?
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Wow that is well done
  20. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Race Report - OSR V8SC Development Series Round 1 - Circuit of the Americas - West

I had my debut race last night in the Team RaceOnOz #3 VF Commodore V8SC in the IKART OSR V8SC Dev Series at COTA West. I won't lie, the learning curve has felt pretty steep transitioning over to iRacing and the V8SC but I feel like im improving and getting a better feel for the car.

Qualifying: P10 in my room (P31 overall) - Set my fastest lap early on and couldn't improve it - I was up over 3 tenths on one of my laps towards the end on low fuel but made an error in the last part of the lap. Qualified well into the top split which was my goal for my first race.

Race: (P23) - Started 31/50 in the Top Split and had a reasonable start off the line, a bit too much wheelspin, although I didnt lose out any positions at all. Took it easy on the first lap with cold tyres and lots of traffic but made up about 5 positions on Lap 1. Settled into the race well and made up a few more spots due to mistakes from the cars ahead. Had an early spin of my own trying to hustle too much in the back section of the track which lost a couple of places. I was pitted on Lap 12 and came out in nice free air and could get my head down and set some consistent times. I had another half spin at turn 1 which lost another place but kept my focus for the rest of the race. Once all of the pit stops had been made I was back in P24 and catching a small pack of 5 cars ahead ahead - I couldnt quite catch them but a late race DC from someone ahead bumped me up to finish P23. If I hadn't have had those couple of unforced errors then I probably would have finished inside the top 20.

A decent result for my first OSR race in the V8SC and achieved my first goal of making the top split. Even though ive only been driving it for a couple of weeks im starting to get my head around the beast - looking forward to future races and hopefully good results with Team RaceOnOz.

Below is our slightly updated V8SC livery (thanks to @Giant slayer) for the season with all the continuing ROOZ sponsors Turtle Beach, Pagnian, Selby Acoustics, The Gamesmen and Hi Tec Oils and incorporating new sponsor IgnitiON controls

[​IMG]