Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Well for my first F1 race i had lots of fun even though my race was :poop::poop::poop::poop: sorry to George for hitting im and anyone else,I was trying to stay out of everyones way,but still race at the same time.Ive only had F1 for about 3 weeks and never driven a F1 car before so im still getting my head around it, but looking forward to driving better and getting quicker :thumbsup:.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    So it looks like lag caused that almighty shunt on Lap 9. Looking at the impact, it's a miracle I could still continue, let alone come out of that unscathed.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Yeah sucks for sure. Came away with just dirty tyres. Havnt really had issues like that before. Hoping its a one off. After lap 9 i made sure i was on track by myself as much as possible.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Relieved to take the win, very hard luck for Benny who retired after touching my rear wheel in turn 5, I tried giving more room but I couldn't. I doubt I would have held the position as he was much faster on the mediums and was on a one lap fresher set. I'm extremely disappointed my video didn't save, as it transpired, I took a screenshot on the grid rather than started a recording. So at the end of the race when I double flicked the switch on the wheel, it started a recording, wiping all footage of the race.

My new T300 wheel is giving much more confidence to attack corners, as the feedback is far more intuitive than the simple heaviness of the T500. Despite the throttle pedal being very finicky, I was happy with a scorcher of a lap to take pole.

I wasn't too pleased with the safety car, as I was romping away out front. I was enjoying life on the hards too, pulling out a gap of about 3 seconds before my hards hit 70% and dropped off the cliff, so I pitted. Benny stayed out for one more lap, which was a good move as I had a terrible out lap in traffic. And so with fresher tyres he homed in fast. I focused on the exits onto the DRS straights, a strategy that kept me ahead. Unfortunately I outbroke myself into 4 and Benny went in for the kill. I'm not sure if he thought I was behind him but I had almost 4 wheels on the exit kerb at 5 so I don't understand how there was contact. A real shame the battle ended like that.

Still a win to start the season is great, especially after I was robbed in broad daylight in the season opener last season. Very pleased we had such a big turnout despite some last minute pull outs, a far cry from the end of last season. I'm glad all of the new runners ran well, I was a bit worried after the meet and greet but all went swimmingly. Well done to Razor and Knuckles on their podiums and also to Hat and Nigel for finding lots of pace in the off season.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    seth123, Hatfield and Zachery like this.
  7. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, my debut is done and dusted. Was tough. Very tough. But I went in with only one goal, and that was to finish the race. And finish the race I did.

Just want to say as well, I heard a few guys asking who xxPEPSI-EDGExx was in the pre race lobby. I wasn't being rude not having a chat as it shows I have a mic, I unplugged my mic because I currently have a very annoying cough (my wifes words) and didnt want to annoy anyone with it. So, a little late, but I am xxPEPSI-EDGExx hahaha.

Started poorly, reacted to everyone moving around me, which was seemingly early and copped a drive through penalty. Then the safety car period (laps 5 and 6) was just a horrible time for me. I think it was the end of lap 6, the car in front kind of disappeared, I got the "no overtaking" comment from the engineer so slowed up to give back the position, in which time my team mate ran straight through me and then I had some one appear next to me putting me into the wall and puncturing a tyre. Was quite a weird experience. Not sure if it was my fault, an internet issue or just one of those things (but if any one can determine it was an internet glitch on my end, advice on how to fix that would be great...) But that was basically the end of any real competitive racing for me.

From there, I just tried my best to stay out of everyones way. Actually tagged a wall trying to ensure my teammate would have no issues passing me and punctured another tire hahaha. That was dumb.

Any way, heres my qualifying lap (even though its not needed) and my entire race (hard to cut it into highlights when you're basically circling alone):

razor4797, Knuckles and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think I am out this thursday as I am probably flying in late thursday night... sucks since I really enjoyed mexico last season
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Someone can take my seat for the next round, as I'm away.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Viperzed
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I couldn't find a more qualified candidate
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    anyone running tonight?
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    I Wil later on tonight
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah stuff it I'll be there to test out my new pair of specs :)
    Zachery likes this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    im thinking of opening a lobby around 8 ish, and running a full race simulation. i need to sort out tyres and stuff so im not fussed if theres 2,3,5 or 10 people there. i will kick off qually at 8:10 so if you wanna run but will be late, send a message on psn and i can hold up till 8:20 at the latest.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID