Season 7 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @seth123 , there you go mate, you have a spot week 1 if available
    seth123 likes this.
  2. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I wont bite seth ;)
    seth123 likes this.
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Whats wrong with biting?
  4. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    He's got no teeth but he'll give you a nasty Suck.
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    might be moving house but ill do my best to make time
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.
    Round 1
    - 23/4
    Watkins Glen GP USA- 25 laps - 10/3/16 - Race start @ 2pm.
    Weather Slots : Heavy cloud, Light cloud, Hazy, light cloud
    Based on 1.8L per lap over 25 laps, will need to run 45L (add 5L)

PLEASE BE ON TIME.
    Race Rooms will opened by host at approx 7:30 Sydney time (tune room) for people to set up their pit strategy, with the room host to open the NON TUNE race room at about 8pm Sydney time. If you cant make it PLEASE let the host / captain know in the division thread or by sending a message on PSN. With reserve drivers its important that everyone knows whats happening so we can place the spare div 1 and 2 guy if possible (17th driver)

[​IMG]

OK guys, Driver briefing for round 1 of the Supercars World Series.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. Turn 1 is an obvious place, there is a penalty there if you go too wide, so be warned ! The "BUS-STOP" will penalise hard as well if you take too much curb. Its the same at Turn 10, experiment with how wide you can go, you will end up getting pinged with a time penalty, or the curb will bite hard ! BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance at the bus-stop, and turns 7,8 and 9. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to set up a pass here. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 3 and 4. Last time we raced here there were issues at turn 1, lap 1 with guys being too aggressive.........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted for each round, and make the decision of wanting to take the soft / hard or a mix of the 2 at their pitstop. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the falcon one (even default).

FUEL : You will need to add 'approx' 5L to finish the race. REMEMBER your pit strat fuel bar is what the pit crew will fuel UP TO. Below is an approx strategy / fuel guide that is an ESTIMATE ONLY for the guys that dont have a lot of time to prac / test....Done blame me if it doesnt work for you ;)
    ALL BASED ON 1.8L per lap...
    PIT END LAP 6 - Fuel up to 35L (should be on 'about' 30L on pit entry)
    PIT END LAP 10 - Fuel up to 28L (should be on 'about' 23L on pit entry)
    PIT END LAP 13 - fuel up to 24L (should be on 'about' 18L on pit entry)

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of turn 11 for a clean entry into pit lane.
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line isnt that long, so you should have no issues on the run into turn 1. . Please stay as far right as possible into T1 if there is traffic approaching, once through the first corner then all should be good to resume racing.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being LAPPED. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Hope you all have a great season guys,
    Kart-No-1, Toranafan-02 and RHINO11 like this.
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Not sure if I will make it this weekend, and next weekend is a definite that I won't make it. Sorry guys but these things happen. I should probably pull out to make way for a faster cleaner driver;)
    v8power383 and Toranafan-02 like this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Just confirming I will be there
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    [​IMG][/IMG] seths dp
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    v8power383, Toranafan-02 and seth123 like this.
  11. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Can't believe it jump start I come in for my penalty and the team change tyres
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  12. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Sorry if I hit anyone....steering wheel decided to pause itself on lap 19......piece of junk
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Had no real chance getting a decent up front result like last time I raced here, really wanted to get back into the groove after playing F1 2016 for 7 months, Was picking up the pace quickly and was trying to get around Blindman who was lagging a little. Went for the t1 overtake after trying all the tricks we stuck together and ran right off getting penalties.

In my pit booth the game shafted me by holding me until Christmas, coming out dead last with the hard tyre eventually caught Juzzy and a second or so from Blindman.

WD @mikeruntbike and podium,

cyas next week
    TheJuzzy and stucar17 like this.
  14. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    P.S My wheel is a T300....anyone got a fix for this (randomly selects pause button, share button and alters sway bars all by itself) also had a mad grind during qualifying.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    @stucar17 can I grab a full time spot if possible?
  16. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Make sure all the screws in the wheel are really firm, not over tight though as may strip. Also loosen the screw on the wheel collar at the back and crank the collar up tight.
  17. POPPINFRESH1234

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    wheel is solid as sh!t
  18. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    It does happen at times. Just a bug in the system...
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  19. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Ok quick recap on my race.
    Qualified 6th after a few laps of reshuffle in the opening laps so I really only got my last lap in. Had a great get away at the lights but just bagged them up and stayed 6th. Somebody run wide on T1 so I gained that position and next lap poor Torana had do a pit line drive through after his jump start.
    At that stage I hadn't even looked down at the screen, so those instances were a delight when I looked down to see I was in 4th. I was only about a second behind Mike at that point, then Rhino lost it and I found myself in 3rd with Poppin on my tailpipe. I for once kept it clean and kept the gap fairly steady to both front and rear of me.
    Mike at that point had taken the lead off Slambo who had little mishap. Was close to him as he pitted on lap 10, and Poppin and Coojak pitted lap 11.
    I came in at the end of lap12 after a few scruffy laps towards the end of that stint and found myself 7 secs off Slambo and with Poppin and Coojak right at me again. I made an error coming into the chicane and let them both thru, that was until they had a magnatising effect which allowed me back thru.
    Not sure what happened to Popin, but Coojak and I had a bit of a battle for the rest of the race. Thankfully I ended up with the final step of the podium after a hard fought race.
    Well done to Mike on the win and Slambo for 2nd.
    NLR 1, 2 and 3!
  20. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Awesome race guys was great having the tyre wear so high and seeing guys really struggling on faded tyres. Had heaps of great battles and running in a 5 car train in the first stint was epic.
    stucar17, RHINO11 and SPL Racing like this.