Season 11: A Maztacular Season!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Brought to you by SELBY ACOUSTICS and ignitiON CONTROLS

RaceOnOz Season 11 for AC on the PC is kicking off Monday night the 24th of April. Massively sorry about the late notice lads, but old Anon has a real job and real life and really small amounts of free time atm. We are going to step back in time a bit this season. 7 races as per previous seasons, but 2 cars - which I am a massive fan of personally. The header gives it away a bit I guess, but we will be running the Mazda RX-7 for 4 rounds, 2 sprint, 1 normal, and 1 enduro, then into the Mazda 787B for 2 normal rounds and an enduro...at Le Mans!!! Also after a season of Kunos tracks I feel we need to get back into the mods, so get downloading!

Housekeeping: The plan will be to have the rooms open from 8.30pm AEST and to start qualifying at 9pm. There will be 10-15 minutes of qualifying depending on the length of the track, and then into the race, usually around 45 minutes. We will be running 1 room again this season so tracks are again being considered that can cater for 30 drivers. Thanks to the guru that is QC and his mastery of the servers, there will be enough slots and rooms available for practice during the week. There will still be an individual and team championship as per previous seasons. An added bonus is that everyone who enters also will be placed in one of the Raceonoz.com Teams - so you will be part of main team championship run across AC, GT6, F1 and PCars and have a chance to win a prize at the end of season draw!!!!!!

We are excited to announce that the upcoming PCARS, GT6, F1 and Assetto Corsa seasons will be supported by Selby Acoustics and ignitiON Controls. The CROSS PLATFORM prize pool will consist of an awesome Q Acoustics 2000i Series 5.1 Cinema Pack Bundle, a VR-1A IgnitiON Controls Button box and 2 gaming headsets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Many thanks to @REM for his ignitiON Controls support, and to SELBY for helping make this awesome prize pack.
    [​IMG]

For those who are new to our events please provide your Steam GUID when you sign up, and it would be helpful to send me a FR on steam - anon_666.

RACES: (NB - I am yet to confirm fuel burn, laps, ahh everything really - get to it tomoz-ish)

Round 1. Mazda RX-7 Tuned
    24/4/2017 - Tor Poznan Reverse
    Laps. Fuel burn @ 150%
    Tyre wear @ 150%, damage @ 50%.
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 27, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 90.
    Tyre Warmers - On

Round 2. Mazda RX-7 Tuned
    1/5/2017 - Barbagallo Sprint Round. Reverse grid race 2 - tba.
    21 Laps x 2. Fuel burn 100%
    Tyre wear @ 100%, damage @ 50%.
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 30, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 40.
    Tyre Warmers - On

Round 3. Mazda RX-7 Tuned
    8/5/2017 - Mid Ohio Enduro
    60 Mins timed race. Set for race finish at end of next full lap. Fuel Burn @ 150%
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 30, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 80.
    Tyre Warmers - On

Round 4. Mazda RX-7 Tuned
    15/5/2017 - .Blackwood GP Reverse Sprint Round Reverse grid race 2 - tba.
    16 Laps x 2. Fuel burn @ 100%
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 27, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 40.
    Tyre Warmers - On

Round 5. Mazda 787B
    22/05/17 - Monza
    26 Laps. Fuel burn @ 150%
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 80.
    Tyre Warmers - On

Round 6. Mazda 787B
    29/05/17 - Misano MWC Sprint Round. Reverse grid race 2 - tba.
    13 Laps x 2. Fuel burn @ 100%
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 97, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 30.
    Tyre Warmers - On

Round 7. Mazda 787B
    5/6/2017 - Circuit de la Sarthe 24hrs of Lemans - Enduro
    70 Mins timed a/a. Fuel burn @ %
    Tyre wear @ %, damage @ 50%.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 20.
    Tyre Warmers - On

Compulsory pit stops for normal and enduro rounds only.

The points system will be managed by our masters of charts, and will be posted within the ladder section at the top of the website, and updated weekly. The points and ballast will be distributed as per below:

This season will also see us using a bonus point system with Fastest Lap (FL) and Most Consistent (MC) for each room gaining an extra point. ie Win+MC+FL=42 points for the round. MC will be as per simresults, with highest gross MC across both sprint races used for determining overall MC.

There is a provision for a drop round this season. Every driver will have their worst performance dropped from their overall championship total. In the case that the first round of the season is DNS and likely the drop, then any ballast earned in round 2 by finishing in the top 5 will be multiplied by 1.5. This means a first place will see you earn 53kg rather than 35kg.

The sprint round this season will see a full qual and practise session for the first race, and a 10min qual only for race 2. The points will be distributed to each driver for both races to come up with placings for the entire round. REVERSE GRID RACE 2 - HALF POINTS! Where 2 drivers finish on the same points, the driver who finishes in a higher place over the 2 races will be given the higher placing. Where this is the same, the driver with the fastest lap over the 2 races will finish in the higher position for the round. FL and MC bonus points will be given to the driver(s) with the best result over the 2 races.

Success Ballast System:
    We have experimented with a success ballast system and is continues to be shaped as each season goes on. We are running a slightly modified version this season, but as always we are hoping to keep the racing close. Here is the system for this season and it will be used across both divisions:

Your penalty is carried over, but is halved in every subsequent race. Eg - Finish 2nd, carry 30kg into the next race. Then finish 3rd, carry 40kg into the next race. And so on. The maximum ballast any driver can carry is 53kg, 150% of 1st place ballast, equivalent to 2 wins in a row. You must attend the race to have your ballast halved, which means if you miss a round your ballast will be sitting there waiting in the back of your rocket the next time you race.

[​IMG]

Drivers: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-11-entry-thread.2696/

TEAMS:

Given our title sponsors are not team owners we have decided to do a Red Bull and rebadge our Renault engines as Vag Hugger. Only TGM and HTO will be driven by IgnitiON Controls and Selby Acoustics respectively. As there are skins out there already, you can opt for whichever skin or make up a new one with the sponsors combo'd on the car.

TGM by ignitiON Controls
    HTO by Selby Acoustics
    Pagnian Importinators
    Team Turtle Beach

[​IMG]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/072qcvmscbajlxt/Teams S11.PNG?dl=0

[​IMG]

Voice chat
    This season we will be using DISCORD so get the app and keep an eye out for the instant invites if you haven't been in the Raceonoz server yet. The permalink is still working: https://discord.gg/JB257mk

Skins (Liveries):
    If you wish to run your own skin, great. We would love to see the teams running their own skins again this season. Please let me know and share your skin with us by 10pm on the Sunday night prior to round 1.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NIgzwXjtpEZ0xfOGVDTWZDVU0/view?usp=sharing

I will endevour to fill in the rest of the details asap. If there are any glaring omissions or tracks that are completely buggy let me know. OK, I'm off to bed
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2017
    Cyber_STIG_77, Cherno, c4rLo5 and 6 others like this.
  2. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

keen :D love both these cars
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Sensational! :D:thumbsup:
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    See ya'll for the Final 3 Rounds then :D
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Awesome work Anon. Love the idea of two cars in the one season. :thumbsup:
    Rolz likes this.
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Updated ballast and points structure:

[​IMG]
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    ed40t, Spidey_11, Peter Wise and 5 others like this.
  8. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Awesome stuff @Anon666
    I love ROOZ. I'll never pay the rip off fees to iRacing when we have such a great competitive league here for free with prizes as well! Cant wait to get started, better get downloading the tracks!
  9. Rolz

Couldn't have said it better myself Cherno :D
  10. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    First set of skin previews - should be able to get all of the teams done soon and upload the skins on the weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    You're a master at your craft stig :thumbsup:
  12. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
  13. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

The $ per hour of entertainment comes down the more time you have available for it. Not to mention being able to race anytime against very competitive and clean drivers. I love ROOZ, but realistically its a week of hot-lapping with a once a week 2 hour race stint.

I always justify costs in $ per hour. My rig might of cost $4k, but within 12 months i've put probably 600 hours into it. That works out to be roughly $6.50 per hour for pure awesome entertainment. I view iracing the same way, if I can hot-lap for an hour a night, then jump into the 9:45 porsche race 5 times a week it works out to be 5 hours of hotlapping + 5 hours of racing per week.

20 hours of hot-lapping per month
    20 hours of racing per month

Series are 12 weeks long, include 4 free tracks + 8 paid tracks
    $110 pa / $9.15 per month for 1 year subscription
    $10 (Porsche 911)
    8 * $15 = $120 (Tracks)

20% discount if you buy it the car + tracks in 1 go....

($9.15 * 3) + ((10+120)*0.8) = 27.45 + 104 = $131.45

Divide this $131.45 by 3 months = $43.81
    Divide this by 40 hours = $1.09 per hour of entertainment

So $43.81 for 20 hours of hot-lapping per month + 20 hours of racing per month that is just over $1 an hour for entertainment. I think that's pretty cheap. It gets progressively cheaper if content you own get's re-used for the next season. Depending on the series, they always try to run 4 free tracks + 4 tracks from the previous season. So that reduces it again by 4 * 15 = $60 buck for the initial outlay.

I paid 20 bucks last night for 1 hour of squash which i think is great value. $1.09 per hour of entertainment for iracing, even better :)
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    krunch likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. Rolz

We certainly weren't just hotlapping last night, sure there was some laps done to get a setup sorted, but then we did have an hour easy worth of racing too... was good fun with a good crew of ROOZ members chatting on Discord.

+1 on an awesome effort Stig!!
  16. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

That is where ROOZ excels :) Community and social atmosphere and building that history of tight racing with people you know. +++1
    David Brister, Cherno, krunch and 3 others like this.
  17. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    You do get so much more than just a sim for your cash. The results tracking and as you say regular racing hosted by iRacing is great.... the value is there if you can dedicate alot of time, and at the right time. Which is where I struggled. Couldn't ever get a race with enough participants to go official in some of the cars I bought like the Daytona prototype.
  18. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    So help me out. How are you guys managing to drive the rx7 so well? Are you steering by the throttle?
    I increased rear wing, lowered tyre pressures to 18-20 psi and can't get close to others lap times or the early throttle input mid corner that I saw.
    Any tips?? :)
  19. Rolz

Break a little earlier, some corners on this track stay in 3rd rather than drop to 2nd and bump bump up a few. :thumbsup:
  20. Mael

Mael Professional

Great work Anon but how about we race the 787B around Barbagallo? Otherwise perfection :thumbsup:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017