Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    S1:
    Britain - Yourself
    Malaysia - Benny

S2:
    Brazil - Myself

Wasn't the most spectacular race for me, I sat in the lead crusing in lean for most of the first 8 laps, as it is impossible to break away at this track. Jason and Seth took me in one swoop, the latter putting me in the wall with a badly bruised nose. Limping around for a few more laps did me no favours and it let Benny get away.

I got past Viperzed fairly quickly and set off after Nigel, who proved much harder to deal with. Some great clean racing was the result. However after losing time battling him and backmarkers, it was clear on the timing screens I lost a huge amount of time so I resigned myself to just bringing the car home in 4th place, resisting a late charge from Nigel.

Hopefully next week's first 100% race of the season treats me a little better, still a very long way to go.
    I have to echo the statements above in regards to lapped traffic, I caught Mark and George at the two worst spots on the track but the blue flags were obeyed with aplomb. Super stuff guys!
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    razor4797 likes this.
  2. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I enjoy the amount of praise for the blue flag guys. Makes me feel good. And, if at any point I do anything under blue flags that isnt correct, I'm happy to take criticism and am hopeful to improve in that sense.

I had a pretty happy race. The start took me by surprise, basically got the all clear to "ready" when the countdown finished. Back of grid where i was happy to be, and took it easy off the start. Just want to avoid trouble untill I learn some actual racing skills.

I'm posting my Qualy lap and full race (forgot to record the first lap).

MASSSIVE moment at about 33 minutes of my race video. Blue flag warning at corner 11, pulled off the racing line on the following straight to allow @Motors560 to pass, for some reason thought it was a long straight, decided to pull in behind for the slip stream before realising the straight wasnt long and near crashing straight up his ass....

Qualifying:

Race:
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  3. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

The graphics look pretty cool, i would love to run in a series like this, but im not going to buy a PS4 for 1 game, lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    razor4797, Viperzed and stucar17 like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
  6. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Has anyone ever had any issues with their PS4 randomly ejecting discs during gameplay (and even sometimes turning itself on in the middle of the night and ejecting the disc)?

Had a few issues lately and just started practicing then and it ejected mid lap.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That's a new one for me, I've heard about Xbox One's doing that, my Wii used to do it with Super Smash Bros but never for PS4... Fingers crossed it does not happen on Thursday!
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Yeah a while ago mine used to do it a lot, especially the ejecting disc part, but that would occur during the night, regardless if there was actually a disc in the console at the time. It hasn't happened recently though, touch-wood.
  9. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Just had the game freeze on me now. It's been doing this kind of stuff for a while, but it's normally not this bad. Might have to see if I can borrow one for Thursday just in case if it keeps up.

Where does one even take a ps4 to be looked at for repair?
  10. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'd call up Sonys support number for Australia. You can find it somewhere on the website im sure
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Protests (or one of them) is yet to be sorted, sorry for the lack of DOTD thread. As soon as it is sorted it will be up.
  12. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Went searching their website and found there's apparently an issue with a small screw inside that's supposed to be a fail safe so you can always get the disc out. Have followed the instructions on how to tighten that screw, and now I'm just hoping for the best.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Lets hope she holds up all right then :thumbsup:
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Round 2 results still pending
    razor4797 likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    It's available on steam for PC too ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Hey guys I downloaded the F1 2016 app called...V HUD for F1 2016...FFS has anyone got any idea on how to make the fricken thing work :mad::mad::mad::mad: ????
  18. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I downloaded this the other day, but haven't really used it. I did have it working though.

At the main menu, press triangle. Go into settings. UDP Telemetry settings. Set Toggle UDP Telemetry ON. Go to Set IP address. Here you need to go into the app itself, go to the settings cog and you should see your IP address kind of greyed out below the IP Port Number. It then asked for the port number (was pre set already) and from there's it just worked.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Sweet thanks dude
  20. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    For the 3rd week in a row my internet decides it can't handle F1 online. I've honestly had enough. Went out for the warm up lap and sure enough it couldn't handle it. Then i started questioning if i should take the start of the main mainly due to previous lag incidents i've had. (Russia pileup and Spa with Spectre). Jono ended up convincing me so i said stuff it i'll see what happens. In short i ended up going from 15th to 3rd in 8 laps and had a great battle with @Jim_aka_The_Man and sure enough near the of lap 11 the dreaded "Migrating Host" appears and i'm out.

I'm so frustrated because i know i'm a quick driver who can battle for podiums and maybe even a win and yet i always seem to get screwed in one way or another. The NBN is as reliable as a McLaren at the moment :roflmao:.

But seriously if i cannot do anything to try and fix this i might call time on my sim racing for a while. I respect you guys to much to risk having a unnecessary accident involving lag. Just a heads up to i hope no one hear works for Telstra as they'll be getting a very angry phone call tomorrow :sneaky:
    Jim_aka_The_Man and razor4797 like this.