Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Well once again I had a heap of fun,that race was sweet. I had 3 spins and went wide on a corner while i was trying to set my brake bias resulting in a 5 sec penalty so that was frustrating but I had a :poop::poop::poop::poop: load of fun.The last 10 or so laps I was catching Bounty but made a few silly mistakes and lost some time...Thanks guys and gal for a good race...bring on the next round Cheers :thumbsup:
    Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I actually enjoyed that, thanks for letting me squeeze in.
    I thought I would be putting around the rear of field just learning the ropes of the car and game, but to my surprise i found myself up midpack through the race catching guys with a lot more experience than I.
    Started 13th after I muffed up qualifying and ran out of time.
    Picked up some early spots through others misfortune.
    First pit stop lap 10, pretty worn soft tyres off, went for the 2 stop hard/soft combo. Next pit stop was scheduled for lap 30, but by lap 25 tyres were already completely stuffed, and I was loosing buckets of time due to sliding everywhere, so pitted way early. Ended up completing race on last set of tyres (literally had nothing left on Left Front as I crossed the line).
    Definately need to work on my tyre wear!

Finished 9th one lap down. Would have been 8th but for a slow pirouhette at the sharp left hairpin letting Arnold through.

Also, I must have missed something, because when I started the race, I had just under 100L of fuel, so I ended up with 20 odd Litres left at the end.

I'll be back if there any spots open and definately be in proper next season!
    dj2ca and Anthonyb like this.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    On the forced default room @disturboed your car would have started on 40L of fuel.
    dj2ca likes this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    What you'll need to do is go into My Garage and create a new setup for the V8SC. Change just one little thing, like clicking the qualifying or race fuel up or down one click, then save the setup for all tracks. We don't know why but doing this will ensure that you come out onto the track in a non-tune room with 40L like the rest of us.
    disturboed likes this.
  5. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    A fairly uneventful race for me, spent most of it alone, (I'm starting to think I stink or something lol). Had no idea what set up or strategy to use so decided 2 stops is quicker than 3 & planned to pit on laps 17 & 34. Went with the hard/soft option from start to finish & filled to 30 litres on each stop. Adjusted tyre pressures to FL 2.00, FR 1.79 & both rears 1.69 & stiffened the front up a notch. Was great to see no pile up at turn one, well done everyone. As I said fairly uneventful, managed to see my fastest lap on lap 33 (in the dark on worn tyres) so definitely need to work on my technique. Race finished with 2 laps to go for me & I still had 9.5 litres in the tank so reckon I had that spot on. Finished in 12th after qualifying 11th.
  6. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    I Had well a pretty average race. My setup fuel kept topping up to 80 Lit and lost plenty of time filling up. Had to pit 3 times , but had to because of sliding and tyre wear in any case , a little peaved as i cant get the wheel set up correctly , rather annoying to say the least. Regardless of any change of setups i cannot rarley better my times by much.
    Change the wheel perhaps and we will see.
    Track was good loved the early laps when i was in the mix.
  7. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

What wheel are you using
  8. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    umm i thought you could not tune your car? TUNING : Prohibited. (can adjust Roll bars and Brake bias) Which reads to me no Tyre pressure Change? If you can do this maybe this could have helped me in some way!
  9. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Thrustmaster T500rs Thanks.
  10. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    i Also have a Thrustmaster t300rs also new in box never used.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Hard/soft from the start? Impossible! So you managed to make soft tyres last 17 laps in the first stint? Not a bad effort at all.
  12. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

@stucar17 what wheel are you on or do you know anyone using the t500rs that could help with wheel settings
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Tuning is prohibited but you can adjust your anti-roll bars and brake bias while on the track as long as you have buttons assigned for them on your wheel or on a keyboard. You can't adjust your starting tyre pressures but you can adjust the pressures for the tyres you'll take in a pit stop via your pit strategy. These options have had to be allowed because there's just no way to stop people from doing it, and no way to police it.
  14. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    That's fine i have the bars and bias assigned to my wheel. Just never adjusted the tyre pressures as what i read , so i did not know any better.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    How much do you want for it?
  16. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Back to my wheel , it feels like when i need to turn i have to slow down earlier to turn through cleanly (racing line) without going off track or sliding. Has me stumped to say the least. Have tried settings from forums , jack spade ect with no luck or minimal at best.
  17. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Its my back up wheel.. sorry but good try! :) I thinking because its PS4 compatible (regardless of the menu buttons working) the wheel works better? The Feedback is supposed to be Lesser than the T500RS But perhaps it calibrates better i dont know.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I'm really not sure. You shouldn't have any issues with the 500 though, many people use it on PS4 without trouble. I know @stucar17 uses the 500, perhaps talk to him and he might be able to provide with his setup to see if it helps.
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @dj2ca race report?
    I thought you had it in the bag. Looked like you pitted twice on consecutive laps judging by the gap you had on me?

Apart from one or two incidents with some back markers, very enjoyable race.
    Concentration was dropping towards the latter half of the race which led to the one and only big mistake I made all night.
    Looped it at the last chicane but managed to get it back on the road without losing position.

Congrats @VARDZ @Anthonyb and @dj2ca on the win and podiums.

And MASSIVE thanks to @COME_AND_GET_ME7 and @dj2ca for the tips on strategy.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Thanks for your help.:D