GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Did you notice the little part with the Focus rally car? Looked a bit like Gymkhana??
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    More likely to be Rallycross.
  3. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Could just be drift too...I like to dream :)
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Have to agree with you there Jono. That preview is STUNNING.

If the gameplay is as good as that movie its a must buy....

Have to say that i did some more laps with @TheJuzzy on sunday night and the game started to feel easier, and smoother than it had been the previous nights i was on.

I think people will need to acknowledge that it will be a completely different beast to PCARS2 which i also think will be a great game, with different things to make it great.

I firmly believe that we will be able to get numbers to run 2 series on both platforms on different nights and have good grid sizes.....
    emmo46 and leeboy910 like this.
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    1:19 on the left of the grid, that car looks identical to the Honda GT500 that runs in SuperGT, but it's on the same grid as the "Gr3" cars.. so if it is the GT500, that thing has been seriously pegged back to run at GT3 speeds. I hope not seeing as how popular SuperGT often is.
    Also at 1:47 we get a weird love child from the IMSA Mazda 6 that ran back in 2012, and the MARC Australia Mazda 6.
  6. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I'm excited for the range of GR.3 cars, if they can get he balancing on point it will create some of the most diverse and exciting racing in the future. A Beetle, Hurrucan and Mustang racing side by side would be awesome as an example
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Apart from the Genesis having an edge at the moment, the balancing of the Gr.3 cars has been fantastic
    ssman244 and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  8. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    had a run on saturday night, the ping was slightly better and didnt notice many lags either
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Another pretty cool video, a short doco about PD and GTS:

10. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    The Genesis has got the edge of all the group cars atm lol, not like its impossible to beat

What the hell, the GT game background music is kaz playing a piano?
    That just made my day lol
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Surely I'm not the only one cringing at this?
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

yeah along with everything else
  14. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Yeah, it's a bit OTT. Not sure why they are trying so hard to pour cold water over what made GT great in that video.

My fave screenshot so far:
    [​IMG]
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    The little stab at the collecting of cars is a neat little bit of psychology designed to make us not care as much about the lacklustre number of cars being included in GTS.
  16. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I don't mind it actually. They're trying to separate themselves from crap like Forza and NFS by promoting a more 'real' side to the game. A touch cringeworthy, but I really like the intent behind it.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Had another run last night in some lobbies and i have to say it is growing me....
    Drivers weren't kamikaze (full lobbies of japanese flags + 1 aussie ) and had 3 really good races at dragon in the Aston GT3...is an absolute cracking race track and with a bit of wear and strategy in the mix it should give some great racing....really hope the game makes these options easy to use.

Am really looking forward to the liv editor, it looks like it will be a great thing, but im not sure how much freedom we will have to make team liveries with self made logos...hope i am wrong.

Again, the feel of the wheel is A LOT simpler than PCARS but i am starting to get used to numb feel of the brakes and steering....im not sure if they are making any changes as we go without actually having to put in an update, but it does seem to be getting smoother, perhaps its just getting used to it.

Power cutouts were non existent last night, but only did 3 races.....was a circuit where i had that issue in the past...

All i would say is i would discount it yet if you are (or have) discounted it. I will set a poll up when i get a chance to see how many are keen to run it, Pcars2 or both so we can start to organise a league structure to accommodate as many as we can.

I think PCARS 2 will land before GTS, so need to see what will work, as not everyone who has the PCARS original will want to swap out straight away......Who said too many options are a good thing !
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I dare say we probably won't be able to use our own logos in the livery editor unfortunately. The reason being they'll be looking to stop cars with obscene imagery and whatnot. Probably also for licensing reasons, you shouldn't be able to put unlicensed sponsorship onto the cars. But with some clever editing we may still be able to "write" some of our own sponsor names using text/shapes perhaps.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will be interesting to see.....am sure i saw a vid somewhere where there were shapes that could be manipulated, so hopefully that can be moulded to what we are looking for.
    dj2ca likes this.
  20. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Had my first instance of broken engine no acceleration lastnight. Very frustrating to say the least. Every time i got close to the car in front it started. Then i would drop back 1 - 2 sec then catch up again very quickly then it would repeat again and again and again :poop::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    However, i still love the game.