Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    DRIVERS BRIEFING R10 - Italian Grand Prix - 27 Laps
    Time of Day: Morning
    Previous Winner: Warrior
    [​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : Monza is a very fast track with at least 4 overtaking zones, with 2 DRS zones. Drafting is a key factor at this race so be aware of your braking points.

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains and give room to those around you. Drivers in the back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier in order to not cause chaos with crazy passes.

PIT LINES : Please take the correct entry (max 2 wheels over the unbroken white lines either side on the pathway into the pits) and on exit, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : We will be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

PENALTY POINTS: For this season you can only be awarded Penalty Points if you have been protested, fail to upload your pole position lap, make a track limit infringment on the lap, quit without retiring or spam the PS4 Group Chat.

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING : This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you have had enough or need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. Failure to do so will result in 3 penalty points against your name.

RECORD YOUR RACE! : Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
  2. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @ssman244 You've been absent for a few races, will you be there tonight?
  3. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Jono how do those settings go with tire wear?
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It's simulated wear based on race distance, normally a 100% race will have half the wear of a 50% race.
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  6. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Can't believe how :):):):) my luck is with this series. Normally in the past it's been connection issues but not tonight no for some reason about to start qualifying and the console freezes for no apparent reason. Worst part is i did 2 full race distances today before tonight to get an idea on tyre wear and it all comes to nothing. And to make it even worse i got back on just after qualifying ended and couldn't get into the race :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    razor4797 likes this.
  7. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    My apologies if my rage quit messed up anyone's race.
    Went into my final stop and had the yellow walled softs selected, come out of the pits and I'm on the red walled supersofts??? Was already pissed off after being shoved off track twice, so this bull:):):):) just added to my anger and finished the job. Oh and my recording never saved either so there goes that.
    What a :):):):)ing joke...
  8. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Broke a smidgen too late into turn 1 which put me back to 10th then the next lap, same corner had someone move over under brakes giving me nowhere to go but into the back of them. Was still drivable with the broken wing but ended up switching strategies to a 3 stopper. Can't complain about coming home 4th considering where I was after the 1st pit stop!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    6th!!!! So ecstatic I forgot to save replay lol

Got started ok and avoided any damage, but early into my first stint I had a wobble out of the last corner and narrowly avoided damage.
    From there it was smooth quick laps with a 1 or 2 on track passes.
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

been racing at lemans this week on pcars after picking it up on the cheap a week ago. zero df on the wings in an lmp2, starting last of 44, really is fantastic fun & was great training for monza. i just felt really good in the car tonite
    everyone seemed to survive t1 except benny, that was awesomely hairy on the approach
    the lag started out of ascari down to parabolica... brilliant racing thru there Jim
    then bang. when it first happens it comes up as a puncture & then the wheel housing falls off.....
    the rest is now history, but let the vid (trimming now) be a visual feast for all of us rooz f1 nuts

ps. you are hereby warned! when it comes together for me & Motors, the mercs will be back on top
  11. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167

Apologies to @Nigel Burley
    The car was moving forward and back. I wanted to look behind, just before the car slowed and I couldn't react in time.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Enjoyed the majority of the race up untill the end. Felt with the way things were going ahead of me that I was actually in a race, rather than just circling on my own. If it wasn't for a few dumb mistakes I really think I could've finished on the lead lap. And then wouldn't have had the issue with Seth at the end. Here's my footage. Wasn't really in the mood to do the Share Factory crap tonight.

Qually;

Race:

Seth Incident;
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    My race is best left untold....abandoned what would have been my fastest lap to get fresh rubber and go again in Quali, BIG MISTAKE. Couldn't get a lap in and ended up on worn Softs for my fastest lap.
    Game decided that despite being P10 in Quali it would force me to start on the mediums and give me a 6 stopper??? Had to make up my strat as I went and with a few wing damages tthe pit crew refused to change my wing and my race justbkept unwinding from there. A last lap incident for 10th with @Jim_aka_The_Man broke my wing completely and in the fluster of spinning steering wheels I accidentally flicked my fuel to rich....I found that out the hard way and was forced to clash across the line in 11th
  14. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

interesting how it looks the same from my pov of jims car, tho from yours he looks solid & im the one lagging
    i was bummed to be out, but look what happened next..... enjoy amigos!

15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Here's my bouncing qualifying lap,
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Didnt expect to start 4th. Had a rubbish first flying lap and made a meal of my second go at it.
    Race. SS were puss and only lasted 4 or so laps. Decided to pit early so i could just run around by myself and try find some rhythm. Sucked for poor Seth, gifted 3rd, but ill take it.
  17. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Was an improvement for my 2md week of F1. Despite my forum name i watch it more then i play it lol.
    Quallied in the top 10 which was my goal despite throwing away 7tenths on the final corner after i said to myself 'dont cock this up' (then i cocked it) haha

Start was ok. Turn one i had to avoid (someone) and i dropped a few places. Came back ok and was running nicely. Got on the mediums and was matching and catching those on softs ahead. I wanted to run the medium for 15 plus laps. Im unsure how the wear rate is working atm and i havnt tested. But after 10laps they were fairly cooked and on lap 15 i suffered a puncture at turn 1, and was relegated to the rear.
    Came out on fresh softs and was in attack mode (grrr)

I came out just rear of another car, think it was a HAAS (not sure). I was much much faster and i may have been lapped by them but i needed to get through to make up my race and i was much much faster. They made a fight of it and i got given no room when i was on the inside of turn 3. I got pushed off and into the wall.
    No hard feelings though. My race was thrown after the puncture.

Enjoyed running the SS at the end and made a few places up.

Congrats to all. Was enjoyable. I was hoping that VSC would be a SC though lol
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You're a legend for posting this!

I'll say straight off the bat I'll be copping a fair few PP's this race, during my pole lap I got distracted by a crash into the 2nd chicane and missed the right hander, obviously gaining a large chunk of time. I backed off on the run down to Parabolica to give back the time gained but it was not enough. Then in trying to sort the problem with Motors out I lost the qualifying footage, so expect to see my name pop up in the log. Not a nice feeling.

I don't believe what happened was fair, so I let Zachery and Seth past on lap 1, giving up a sizable advantage after turn 1. The rest of the race was spent to-ing and fro-ing amongst each other as the insane slipstream made it impossible to pull away. The lead changed hands multiple times before Seth and I pitted on lap 7 for mediums. Zachery's front wing change ultimately eliminated him from the battle.

Eventually the duel turned into a cat and mouse game, not passing each other 50 times a lap, at no point did the gap between us ever reach a second. Finally Seth passed me into Ascari on our in lap, and now I was going to play the same refusal to overtake game as well. We were lapping nowhere near our peak speed and it allowed Zachery to catch right up. It was a lot of fun and the tension was rising. I saved enough fuel to launch a final lap charge when unfortunately Seth collided with Mark. A very unsatisfying end to a great race.

Well done to Zachery and especially @Knuckles for getting back on the podium!
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH