Season 8 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 6, 2017.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Well look at you two..
    Practically at each others throats not too long ago and now you're holding hands prancing around in daisy fields
    Zachery likes this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    hahaha proves its nothing personal i guess. im just not very good at holding my tongue when i disagree :whistling::whistling:
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I can vouch for that first hand. @Zachery has a tongue that just doesn't stop
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah nah not personal at all. I can disagree with someone fiercely but keep it isolated to that specific topic.
    Zachery likes this.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i thought we werent going to talk about that time.....
    yeah exactly mate. agree with that
    SuiCid3 and dj2ca like this.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Not sure if you should have aired that into the public @Hatfield .....

Edit: Damnit.. 30 minutes late and that guy goes and steals my punchline
    Anthonyb and Zachery like this.
  7. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    gonna cut some laps shortly, anybody wanna roll with the Formula A?
  8. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'd love to but can't get on this early, I should be on tonight though.
  9. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I've been doing some practice races with the Formula A, and although it's freakin awesome to drive and super quick, the actual racing element of the idea may disappoint quite a few people. The first lap is absolute mayhem with cars flying off everywhere and spinning out and it ends up becoming quite annoying at times, the reason is....these cars are TOO quick!
    Just something to consider before a car choice is made for Season 8. I suggest we all do some actual races and go from there.
    Don't get me wrong, these are unreal fun and would make for some great racing, but just keep in mind the incident element.
    Food for thought.
  10. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I agree that is a worry, even in Div 1 we have plenty of mistakes in judgement being made on that 1st lap when the field is close. With the speed increase, people need to leave more room than in a tin top. If you're following someone within a few car lengths, if they get on the brakes whilst you are still on the throttle, you're pretty much guaranteed to hit them.

So whilst the FA and FB are without doubt more enjoyable to drive, the FC might be a better open wheeler to race in.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    The FA might be too much but I reckon we could handle the FB. That FC is not an enjoyable car to drive at all. We did some races in the FB a few nights ago and we didn't have any issues. I still think it's worth properly testing the FA before making a decision though.
  12. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hope to get on for some laps tonight......gut feeling is that the A will be too fast for a league car....when it goes pear shaped it happens in a HUGE way, and the speed it happens is something else !

Just from the couple of near misses in the couple of races i have done in the A, with only a couple of cars.....really good chance races could end up looking like this !
    [​IMG]
    POPPINFRESH1234 and dj2ca like this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Weak!
    Zachery likes this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    get told that all the time !
    dj2ca likes this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    That looks like my start at Hungary last Thursday

you guys should run it with full simulation damage
    dj2ca likes this.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    we arent seriously gonna do the whole "that cars out because its too fast" thing again are we......

just put it up for a vote on 2 or 3 popular open wheelers, and let the masses decide!
    dj2ca likes this.
  18. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    you sig is wrong....should be McLaren Mercedes ?!?
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    no, 2016 season and 2017 are mclaren honda. very likely be mclaren Mercedes next season though.

(I did catch what you did there btw) :roflmao::roflmao:
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    love a good vote, history would suggest that it moves slowly, then develops into arguments, sly comments and dummy spits because not everyone gets what they want. Then we start with reasonably full grids, and then the guys that weren't convinced say "i told you so" leave the league until next season, and the others are left to race with grids of 6, and single file hot lapping on your own which gets boring real fast !

I havent had a vote for the last few seasons and things have worked out pretty well, even in cars that people (myself included) hated when they were suggested. Doesnt mean the FA is out of the running, IMO i think its a handfull that wont necessarily give us good racing....As have said a million times, wont matter what is picked, some will love it, some will hate it and throw toys out of the pram, and others will plod along and race anyway...It IS a case though of giving something that drivers of all standards can race in and enjoy.

Next week will try to get a few nights with decent numbers for a few races in a few of them and see how we go with a reasonable size grid
    garyw61 and Anthonyb like this.