Season 8 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Just tell me what I'm driving so then I can learn to drive it or crash it probably the latter
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Regardless of whether you (or a select few) choose the car, or whether its put up for vote wont change any of that. either way there will be those who disagree and those that agree. at least if its put to us to decide then we only have ourselves to blame. are we a community? yes, then we should vote as a community. we all know its down to a few open wheelers.

Its as simple as putting a pole up with comments disabled. give it a 1 week timeframe and the winner is the car. if we cant even choose a car as a community, then what hope do we have.
    Hatfield and dj2ca like this.
  3. Anthonyb

A lot of people hated the v8 and still do but it gave us a great season across all divisions with close and fun racing
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    you are right, i dont choose the car on my own, other mods make the decision as a group.
    It has stopped a lot of the :):):):)fights doing it that way has to be said.
  5. Anthonyb

Maybe a few more of the community should try to get on for testing as a group so the community can see what each car is like to race in a pack!
    Zachery and stucar17 like this.
  6. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Let's have a vote about whether we should have a vote :laugh: :whistling:
  7. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Last 4 seasons by far have had great car choices none of which I was excited about but I know stu, mods and the regulars racing every night will choose the car that is going to provide great racing for all drivers and it's not just about picking cars that are super fast because that really doesn't provide close racing.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i dunno if youre referring to me directly (because i havent been on testing) but if so, im currently racing in an active series and am using my spare time to practice for that. if i had more time, i would get on and run laps with you guys, but atm its time wasted that i could be spending working out stuff for thursday nights.

Thats not a dig at your comment. more me just explaining my absense
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    V8 Supercar was too fast, too hard to drive, and wasnt going to provide close racing either, and look how well that season turned out (Very well actually)
    Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  10. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Too fast?
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah apparently. over the few seasons in a row where it was brought up, that was one of the issue cited. (not by me i might add)
  12. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I think what I'm worried about most is missing out on driving a really fun car because 5% of the drivers might find it a bit difficult. Given some practice I reckon anyone who's serious about racing should be able to tame the FA, although guys on controller would have a much harder time.
    Coojak3009 likes this.
  13. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I have to agree with this. I also agree with Anth about virtually nobody getting online to do any testing on these cars, which makes the whole vote thing a little difficult, but I still think the vote is the right way to go. We should all have a chance to give input (that counts for something) on what we're driving for seven rounds.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    vote / no vote, whichever car is chosen, as zharves already said, we will get guys who love it or hate it, or the way we go about it....

As i said in an earlier post, will try to get a night or 2 next week where we get a fullish grid for some racing in them, and see how it goes. One of the last votes we had ended 50/50 ! Was brilliant !
    Coojak3009, dj2ca and Zachery like this.
  15. Anthonyb

Not directed at you or anyone in particular just stirring the pot for a laugh.
    Zachery likes this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    please dont stir the pot ;):poop::poop::poop::poop::roflmao::roflmao::sneaky::speechless:
    Zachery likes this.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i just want to be clear here aswell. Im not belittling the process that has been used at all, nor do i think others opinions dont count. its all healthy discussion, and i have faith that the right options will be chosen for the good of the series.

Running these sort of things is not easy at all, and as stu says quite regularly, "we cant keep everyone happy" Its a massive undertaking trying to sort all this out every season, and all our mods (and others that contribute) do so off their own back with time that could be spent doing other things.
    Coojak3009 and stucar17 like this.
  18. Anthonyb

The A might be the perfect choice for tge div 1 and some div 2 boys but the rest of div 2 and div 3 boys may struggle probably what I was getting at in my last stir of the pot was it would be nice to get a bigger group from all divs to help in the testing of new cars to get a true reflection of how each car will work across all divisions.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I can make myself free sunday night if we wanna run some mock races in each car. lets see if we can get a full grid and test out each option.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sounds good, but will have to be after the handicapped time race at bathurst in the falcon....hopefully a few of he guys can stick around for some testing after its finished
    yeah, i know what you are saying. I think the best way to go is to get a full grid for some FA races and see how it goes, how big the crashes are and how much 'racing' we do.....always easier to go slower if need be ;)
    Zachery likes this.