AC [Completed] Between Seasons AC PS4 GT3 Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, May 31, 2017.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I won't be racing this week due to BJH RoC.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    ^^ what he said. Have The BJH ROC to run tonight.
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm 3 hours south of home at the moment, looks like I'll be out too :(
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Put your foot down.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I agree, it is very sad he is no longer with us.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  7. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    I'm changing to the BMW.
    Knuckles and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Room up shortly. Look for "RaceonOZ GT3 Round 2" password is "rooz". There hopefully will be enough of everyones first choice car selection.
  9. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    I might not be able to make it
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Juuuuust didn't make it in time.
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

What an awesome race!!

Managed to put together a perfect lap during qualifying that saw me on the front row of the grid in P2. Had a great start that saw me get past JC into T1. Managed to hold off JC for a couple of laps before I got a poor exit out of T4 which allowed JC to somewhat easily get past me going into T6. To make things worst I end up getting on the gas to early out of T7 and spun it costing me upwards of 15s. That was the last anyone saw of JC as he sailed off into the distance. I managed to settle down and get into some form of rhythm and doing consistent 2:04's. Was able to real in and pass knuckles prior to my pitstop with Jason not much further ahead. Unfortunately I lost a good 10s in the pits to them both due to opting to run low fuel during my first stint. The rest of the race saw me slowly catching them both a tenth at a time. With 2 laps to go I was in passing range of Jason. I had multiple attempts at passing but nothing stuck. I gave it one last crack braking as late as possible into stowe. I managed to get up the inside but got a relatively poor exit that saw me on the outside into the chicane. Broke early to try and get him on the exit of the chicane and across the line unfortunately the worn rears broke traction on exit and I wasn't able to pull off the pass for a podium.

Well done to @jc1186 on another convincing win. Your well and truly another step up on the rest of the field.

See you all next week at SPA!!
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    jc1186, arakasi-, JonoStan96 and 2 others like this.
  12. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Couldn't quite find the extra half a second i had in prac for quali or the race. Didnt matter cause i made a mess of the start. Race was awesome fun and pitstop worked a treat again. Great racing again.

I must of had room settings wrong when i practiced to cause there is no way i found a second and a half from nowhere.
    jasondull1986 and arakasi- like this.
  13. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    That was such an intense battle had a blast with that one. Sorry for the end there I got to punchy and lost the rear.
  14. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-

Testing to see if i've done my first attempt at the share thing correct. :coffee:
    Was great close racing for the first stint for me, thanks guys.
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Na all good. Was great fun. 6 laps to make a pass is awesome racing in my books, shame you lost that bit of ground would of been a 3 way battle for 2nd till the end i reakon.
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  16. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
  17. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    [​IMG]

Just thought i'd throw up a chart for the points, assuming we are running the standards system @COME_AND_GET_ME7 ?
  18. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Has been on the back of my mind to reply to this and it has taken almost a week haha. Shocking.,

Anyway thanks for the kind words and it's always nice to hear something positive about something like that. :)

And guys I would like to propose something. A practice race at some point in the Cayman GT4 race car. Even just 3 or 4 of us.

I only drove it for the first time yesterday night and the feeling of "this is the perfect league race car" was on my mind many a times as I stayed in the lobby for two races. With it you're able to have super close racing and actually race right up against bumpers and sometimes even 3 wide (happened in turn 1, 4, and going onto the back straight on Nurburgring GP) perfectly cleanly. I think the key is that it's a Porsche. That's all. Well ok no seriously it's because (imo) it isn't too fast, yet, is incredibly nimble in all its characteristics. Great response right through the rev range in any gear, and also, fantastic stopping power. Very drivable without traction control, and very gripped up, but.. you can still very easy overdrive it (though very saveable) which is great fun. Also again KEY is overall considering all these things, it also doesn't have a huge top speed so it allows for more manageable close battles.

OK so it is pretty obvious I rate it. :whistling:

And anyone else have a lot of love for the Redbull Ring? It's a bloody great track imo. So much elevation change and camber with tricky as fudge technical corners.

Though in public lobby's people missing their marks (or just you know) early on causes havoc every single time in corners 1 + 2 lol.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  19. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Um why are you using the racing line:

1) You barely use it anyway
    2) It's distracting and you learning and experimenting with lines will 100% improve you
    3) You're smooth as fudge!
    4) In all my years seeing people drive with the racing line on, you are BY FAR the best driver. By a mile. Which leads me to:

5) Why on Earth are you using it?

:roflmao:
  20. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Of course more your fault, but would be hard deciding whether that's a racing incident. Close call imo. Knuckles could have taken a tighter line and given you more room. He was as wide as you'd want to get through the second apex and you were forced into the dirty stuff. Perhaps he should have then swung out a little wider.

Yep that's me, opening my mouth when I should just keep it closed. But yeah that was my take. Wasn't knuckles fault in the slightest, but obvious you were given a small gap and pretty sure knuckles was putting himself in a more risky spot when he could have given you a bit more room into the next one. Hindsight's great but he'd probably do that next time.