Season 8 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I went and got this game today, and now (even though I havent played it yet) im pretty disapointed I missed the V8 Supercar season. The v8s are why I watch and (try to) play racing games. I don't think i'll commit to doing a season alongside the F1 season just yet, but if I enjoy the game when I do give it a shot, we'll see what happens.
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Put together a compilation of practice laps in the Formula B around many of the available circuits. Having a blast in this car, might try to do something similar with the Formula A over the next week or so just to get an idea how it stacks up.
    Spidey_11, dj2ca and jasondull1986 like this.
  3. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Awesome. Love the fact that you included the Banochbrae road circuit! Such a great track, fast and heaps of fun, huge shame we most likely won't use it because it's DLC :(
  4. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, I had a bit of a crack at the game last night. I'm a LONG away off entering for a season. Can barely even keep a car on the track at the moment.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Its a different beast thats for sure mate. After 20 odd seasons of GT5/6 it took me about a week of driving before i got used to the feel of the cars, and how they work.

What wheel are you using, pretty important to get those settings right. If you want to jump in a room with us mate for testing, prac or driving tips just let me know....i will add you to my FL and see if we can get you in a room one night...hopefully you have a mic, is much easier that way !
  6. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I only managed a couple of hours so far, so I'm sure I'll start learning it with more time. Just the entire feel of it is insanely different to the F1 game. And to top it all off, the games decided my last name (McDonald) is offensive, so blocks it out in my career mode...

I'm using a t300. No idea regarding settings or anything. I've just plugged it in and played as it was from the box. Wouldn't mind jumping in for some practice and tips sometime. I don't really manage to get on frequently through the week though unfortunately at the moment. I also have a mic.
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

So I had my first taste of the FB last night having only had a little drive of the lotus the other week and the FC back when we did the short season in that I haven't driven much open wheelers. Once you can come to turms with how hard you can push it through the corners the grip level is massive so is how late you can brake. Will try the FA this week but the FB can bit quickly so I'm guessing th A will bight even quicker which might be a bit much for the div 3 competitors and anyone on a controller.
    Thats my opinion and I'm always right
    dj2ca likes this.
  8. Anthonyb

No green in FA for BHR so FA might be out!
  9. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

On some tracks I found myself dropping the rear ARB 2 or 3 notches, and that gave a bit more confidence getting on the throttle out of slower corners.
    I also find I'm liking the KERS on the B better than the KERS/DRS combo on the A, DRS means nothing if there is no restriction on using it. That and having to hold the KERS button just serves to make the car more complicated to drive (having to remember to push the DRS button every time you're on a straight gets old fast).
    Anthonyb likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no teams championship next season
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Why?
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    taking a break with GT6 dropping to probably 1 division, so I am not running it next season.

Captains & I have been discussing for the season after though with a bit of a shake-up.
    stucar17, dj2ca and Spidey_11 like this.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    you be on tonight ?
  14. Anthonyb

Sooo the FA I think this would be good for div 1 and 2 but maybe not so good for div 3-4 it is good fun to drive nice and quick very hard to get of the line cleanly only drove it around monza and it took me about 10 laps to match the AI on 85% found it harder to get to turn in than the FB in the slower corners. And the kers and drs where a bit of a pain especially having to hold the button down bit of a pest except gives you the option of multiple uses around the track.
    Personally I think the FB might be the better option
    its-benny-racer likes this.
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Is what I thought of the car too. Having to remap my wheel buttons for one car, when I use it with others, is a bit of a pain tbh
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Whether it's the FA or FB though you'll still need to have at least KERS mapped.
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

One I can handle. Or I could just finally finish my button box lol
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    You can also just use a cheap keyboard and sit in next to you. That's all I do, just to map the ARB and brake bias adjustment.
  19. Anthonyb

What car is your preference @dj2ca
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I prefer the Formula A. It's faster, has heaps more grip so you can really push through the corners (going flat through Eu Rouge is a dream in the FA), and is overall easier to drive in my opinion. I know everything happens faster but I believe that's part of the challenge. It would be difficult for some but if we shy away from challenges we never grow/improve as drivers.

You gonna be on tonight?