Season 14 Discussion

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, May 30, 2017.

1. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Nobody is locked into any car other than Div1.
    The Garaiya would simply be the fastest option should anyone in Div2 choose to try and master its driving style and/or tune it with some brake bias. If that's not something they'd be interested in pursuing, they still have the free choice of the BRZ or IS350 with which they may find more consistency in and a faster race pace.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am thinking that maybe only @emmo46 is disadvantaged greatly since he won div2b and has to move up
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Hmmmm RX7 on RS was such an amazing car to drive.
    VARDZ likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    are you also referring to the RX7 TC?
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    The Amemiya
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I do love it, but unfortunately it is not for my division this time. It is still awesome fun on RH too
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm only about 1/2 a second slower in the BRZ so I'll run with that and take on the 1B guys. It will be a challenge as long as I don't get completely left behind. Will tyre wear be a factor?
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I doubt it if we go with the sprint round every night formula
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm assuming with us being balanced by the different makes and the lack of a full field that there won't be sub divisions, we are all in together for the Division one championship.
  11. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Thoughts on 2x sprint races per round, with reverse grids and must use 2 different tyre compounds each round (e.g. qualy and race1 on RX, race2 on RY with tyre choices up to you)?
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It would mix it up, but just a bit worried that we will end up with less close racing since some people will either be way out front or way behind...
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we can score the whole field as one, and/or as multiples.
    whatever is easiest for you emmo
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    How would we split them? . Some guys in the Div 2B RX7 might be quicker than some of the Div 1 guys in their Lexus. Perhaps the Div 1 and 1Bs could go for a Div 1 championship and the rest of us go for the a Div 2 Championship.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That split would look like this:
    Div 1
    1. StigsTC ..............Lexus GT300
    2. ssman244...........Lexus GT300
    3. Russell................Lexus GT300
    4. Knuckles.............BRZ GT300
    5. bmx_mtb_boy......BRZ GT300
    6. Hatfield................BRZ GT300

Div 2
    1. emmo46..............Garaiya
    2. Razorpod50........Garaiya
    3. aranteamo..........Garaiya
    4. Adronaught........Garaiya
    5. Bluemoon...........RX7
    6. Adam Wyman.....RX7
    Hatfield likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I suspect most of the Garaiya drivers will opt to move down to the BRZ, I'll do some more practice to see if I can get my head around the massive lift off over steer before I commit to the BRZ though as I know I will struggle to compete with the Div 1B boys on equal terms.
    StigsTC likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Brake bias won't help because the over steer comes in even without touching the brakes, I was finding I could nurse it into the corner but then any further lift of the throttle to adjust line mid corner sent it into violent oversteer even without touching the brakes.
    StigsTC likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hanging onto a little throttle on the tight corners to overcome the lift off over steer just had me understeering off track at the corner exit. Maybe with practice I can get on top of it but I wouldn't be able to race wheel to wheel as easily as I would in the BRZ.
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Give Division 2A RX-7 with a few hp knocked off? Power limiter doesn't break "no tuning" in game regulations.
    Razorpod50 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @B-Spec Bob how many hp would work do you think? I am asking you since you did quite a few laps in each car