Season 8 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 6, 2017.

1. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    It's a killer!
    You know me, I'll be there with bells on.
    Anthonyb, stucar17 and Bounty05 like this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Where do you hang the bells
  3. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'll give you a hint: not from my ear lobes...
    Anthonyb likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    1. @@stucar17
    2. @@Bounty05
    3. @@dj2ca
    4. @@colin-50_
    5. @@SuiCid3
    6. @@its-benny-racer
    7. @@disturboed
    8. @@Anthonyb
    9. @@garyw61
    10. @@SPL Racing (wheel issues)
    11. @@stilesy
    12. @@RHINO11
    13. @@v8power383
    14. @@t_b_williams
    15. @@Toranafan-02
    16. @@POPPINFRESH1234
    17. @@annelorrianne
    18. @@arnold watson
    19. @@Mick
    20. @@Telum - psn familiagtr
    21. @@Nathan Storrier
    22. @@Ford69xw
    23. @@Slambobagan
    24. @@Philip Badcock - New member
    25. @@George
    26. @@Coojak3009
    27. @@ShootSho7t
    28. @@Nathancarhead
    29. @@mikeruntbike
    30. @@rossi0nsx
    31. @@Blindman
    32. @@Zachery - (if FB or 78 Lotus)
    33. @@Noremac
    34. @@cola1001
    35. @@fezza
    36. @@maximuscatticus
    37. @@Rumbleshorts
    38. @@Dev1lman_87
    39. @@Spidey_11
    40. @@Kart-No-1
    41. @@AOCleaner74 (pending start date)

Ok guys, am going to CONFIRM that the season 8 car will be the FORMULA B

After some more testing between it and the A, it was a general consensus that the B will make a better league car.

Stay tuned for further details in the next few days.......Track list will be released at the meet and greet in a few weeks

Stu
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Not sure if there has been any discussion about tracks etc... but i have had a look through the 2017 F1 season and locations and by fluke Project cars have 7 tracks available that coincide with the 2017...
    • ROUND 5 - Spanish GP Catalunya
    • ROUND 6 - Monaco GP "Azure"
    • ROUND 10 British GP Silverstone
    • ROUND 12 German GP Hockenhiem
    • ROUND 13 Belgium GP Spa
    • ROUND 14 Italian GP Monza
    • ROUND 17 Japanese GP "Sakitto"
    NO MORE TO BE SAID REALLY
    George, SPL Racing, Kart-No-1 and 3 others like this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Certainly food for thought
    RHINO11 likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I have a fairly large "potential" list of tracks, the only one missing from that list above is catalunya, only because we ran it last season.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I wouldn't be upset to see it on the list for this season... :rolleyes:
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Getting some practice in and IMO Sakitto must absolutely must be the sprint round.. HOLY :):):):)E BALLS.... Give it a crack lads with the mindset that first second and third gear are not required
    dj2ca likes this.
  10. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    I like using third on the tight right hander before you go under the bridge, but yeah, the rest is mental fun. Especially the whole last sector through to the end of the straight where you don't lift off.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I've done a fair few laps around there, it's a bunch of fun!
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    what times you doing there dj... if i am anywhere near you i may ask for a lift to D2
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I can't remember off the top of my head mate
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I know there will be those who disagree with what i will put up but hear me out...
    This is going to be either a great season or a disaster... don't get me wrong i think the FB is an amazing car and a hellava lot of fun to drive but with 2 things about the car it could all turn to :poop::poop::poop::poop: in a big hurry.
    firstly a most obvious is the open wheel.... now due to RL i am yet to get into a room and fang this thing with others from the community... but i can't help but think in a close racing situation a race ending incident would be almost a certainty especially in lower divisions.
    The second thing is the absents of brake lights where again this could cause an incident that sees need for repairs or worst case race over.
    Now in D1 & D2 the skill level is much on a par with those around and you would trust others to be braking in the right spot to make the corners but in the lower divs this is not always the case... Braking points can be a few car lengths different from 1 driver to the next causing a race ending incident.
    Not that we want to see it but and i hope i am wrong but i think the stewards room is going to be very busy this coming season.
    So suggestion to try an alleviate this could be to reduce the number of drivers in the lower divisions, I think at last look there were 54 entered so possibly go with
    1. 16
    2. 14
    3. 12
    4. 12
    and also if someone is going to start a tips & tricks thread for the coming season maybe a D3 entrant can also load a lap to the thread to assist the lower div guys.
    Cheers guys... open to constructive criticism
    stucar17 and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    We've done a whole bunch of racing in these and the lack of brake lights hasn't been an issue at all. As for incidents, no more than in any other car. And the racing has been spectacular. People just need to get used to the car. They'll need practice. If they turn up at the meet and greet without having driven the car it'll be an absolute nightmare.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I have been doing a fair bit of prac across numerous tracks in online room to get used to it but only on my own. I know where I need to brake etc but will need to know the tracks we will be using so I can dedicate prac to the particular track for the upcoming round.

I am hoping by doing this that in the worst case scenario I will be the victim of an incident, not be the cause. Now as long as all drivers do similar, we should be ok.
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Well that is all well and good if you can practice mid week and be on every night. Some of us don't have that luxury anymore and Sunday night is the only gaming time they have... I guess we will in the hands of the racing gods
  18. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Been considering this...however I'm not sure how the response would be coming from me...
  19. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I wouldn't worry too much about it mate, people are just stirring. Everyone nows you are a quick driver, and I think most (including me) would appreciate any help offered.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

For me I'm not sure how a lack of brake lights makes much difference.
    For example sake, lets say you are following someone closely down the back straight at Hokenheim. Even with brake lights if the car directly in front hits the brake hard, you're probably not going to react fast enough to avoid them. You need to be proactive to ensure you avoid doing a Kvyat.

The safest thing to do is as you approach the braking zone, position your car slightly to the side of the car you are following, then aim to brake slightly earlier than the normal braking point. That way, if they brake earlier than expected, your car will end up safely along side them (and in the process you have the chance to overtake them).

If you are in a pack of cars and you have cars in front and to the side, then your best option is to come off the throttle maybe 50m before your braking point, this gives you the time to react to their car when they hit the brakes. Obviously the longer the line of cars ahead of you, the earlier you will have to come off the throttle.

In all cases it is better to err on the side of caution, coming off the throttle too early might cost you a few tenths at most, coming off too late will cost you a 10 second spin and probably a trip to the stewards office.