Season 12: Luv U Loong Time!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 16, 2017.

1. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Audi TT RS on Brands Hatch is a great combination, even just racing the AI is great fun. Can't wait for the ROOZ race on Monday night.

This car just sounds fantastic. I don't get it though, even with TC off and ABS off this car is just an easy drive, combo this with the tight track its going to be close racing!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Looking at the proposed season track list seems all good, only one I havent ran in AC is Laguna Seca so I have no idea how good or bad that track is but assume its been tested. ;)

With this round any reason your not running the Porsche 918 instead of the Ferrari FXXK which is considerably faster then the other 2 and is just a track day special version of the La Ferrari just as the P1GTR is to the stock P1. The 918 around many tracks will be fairly close to the La Ferrari and P1 but it does drive quite differently and takes a bit more to get the most out of it. At Spa the 918 likely will be down on speed and also run out of kers so probably not the best choice but probably fits better then the FXXK. The Zonda R and 599xx actually are closer in performance to the 3 road going hyper cars (holy Trinity) P1, La Ferrari and 918 but have better tyres, more aero and also less top speed. Many tracks they will be faster on the softer compounds but p1 gtr and FXXK are usually a couple seconds faster again.

If only we had the Vulcan we could have a battle with these 3 too.

Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Laguna Seca is pretty new and I've only tested off-line, but after 10 messy laps I found no major problems. As with any mod track, if things get found before the race we will swap it out. I did enjoy lapping there again though, so it is definitely a personal choice to have it in there.

As for the last non-official race...ahh no I just pulled some cars out my bum. Zero testing or thinking really other than a supercar challenge. I knew the Porsche had KERS so cbf figuring out if that would be an issue or not and just left it out. QC has already flagged all of this and I asked him to go with what he thought was a good thing, so there has been a server running testing the cars at Nurb. As of last Thursday I have changed this to Spa and used Green Hell for one of the Audi enduro races, so QC may need to get a server up with all of those cars in there so we can test them. I figured we would be adding some ballast to even things out here and there, but I may also allocate cars based on lap times, just depends on how much time I have up my sleeve. If anyone is keen to crunch some numbers I'll be more than happy to accept any help I can get.
    Cherno and KoAStR like this.
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Hey fellas, can anybody post the server link so we can see what current best times are? I have no idea where the 'ball park' is
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    tezpez85 likes this.
  6. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

7. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it tonight =[ I'm going to be stuck at uni all night :thumbsdown:
  8. Mael

Mael Professional

jlynn777 likes this.
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah some pretty insane times there, I feel like there is something with this car that I'm missing, got a feeling it's skill...
    jlynn777 likes this.
  10. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Hey guys, what time's this starting? (I'm in Perth) I've downloaded discord...is there anything else i need to do/know?
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The server will be raceonoz(something), just search for that. The discord link is in the OP as far as I know. Kick off for qual is 9pm AEST so 7 for you. 45ish min race, don't run into me, and have some fun!
    Spidey_11 and jlynn777 like this.
  12. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Haha cheers yeah after looking at those times I'm no threat of being near the front! Need to try and get my head around how the car setup works too. What minorating do I need?
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Shouldn't matter. QC will add you to the white list.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  14. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Sorry guys. I spent my only day off today trying to fix stutters, I managed to get it running smoothly about an hour and a half ago then shut it down, had some dinner. FIred it back up for the stutters to return.
    EDIT, I did fix it so managed to jump on to watch. Great battle so far.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Good race, would have been good to avoid taking a big hit from someone a few laps in at the first corner, but oh well. Awesome battle in the end, not 100% who that was but great racing
    krunch likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Great racing guys, had a good battle with Cherno early as he was real quick here. Kind of amazed to have got past him but needed to be side by side through the 3 right handers to make the move. Unfortunately after the pass he was hung out to dry a little and got swamped by a few others and a couple there ended up off track. After that I had a few laps on my own until Koaster turned up and wanted the lead. No idea why he would want it so bad ;) we had a great old battle for probably 15-20 laps and I kept him behind until very late. I saw him inside into t1 and tried to brake a touch deeper but ran wide getting the left wheels in the sandpit with no defence from there.

After that I tried to hang on and put some pressure on but this was not an easy place to pass unless the car ahead makes some sort of error.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That was simply awesome Marty. I had almost lost hope of making a pass you had all the options well stitched up until then! Was happy with qual pace putting in a PB for 3rd on the grid. Having a look in for the win was a nice surprise.

Results:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  19. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Great race guys! Made s few positions early and tried to be consistent and it got me 9th. Had Anon all over me towards the end but managed to keep him behind me. This is probably my least favorite track ever, I have never been fast here as long as I have been racing sims. I just find this track very difficult so I'm stoked to come away with 9th.

Look forward to next week
    Anon666 and Spidey_11 like this.
  20. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Very enjoyable race here, the car suits the track combination well. I didn't find overtaking very difficult, easy to force a mistake on turn 1 by forcing people to the inside line which i would imagine most have not practiced and turn 5 if you get a good exit you have enough time to get side-by-side on to attack.

WTF with the no clutch, I'm glad someone mentioned that just before race because i would of got caught out and been sent to pits. I got tapped going into a corner and spun around and lost an extra 10 seconds getting back on track cause i couldn't turn the car around quickly. Post-incident I realized I could of dropped into neutral for the same result, but no clutch........ grrrr

Just a note on the back-markers: You don't need to take yourself off the track, just go wide into a corner away from the racing line and you'll be fine. I saw 3 back-markers almost write themselves off in an attempt to clear the blue flag.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Anon666, Peter Wise and Spidey_11 like this.