Season 12: Luv U Loong Time!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 16, 2017.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes I think there is no need for backmarkers to go off track, the lead guys will find way around clean as long as you dont defend your position or do anything unpredictable.

When the cars being lapped are off track it costs them heaps of time and even the cars passing will need to slow more as they need to take more care because its very hard to predict what the car will fo out there and if they crash may spin back onto the track.

Best to hold your line and if the car behind moves to one side just give them that line into the corner. If you then have less track to use you need to slow more to make sure you stay on track at the exit and possibly leave room for cars that may still be alongside.

Key thing to avoid is unpredictable lane changes or lifting off sooner while a car is following. Once they pull put and nobody is directly behind lifting earlier into a corner holding the inside or outside line normally works best for both cars.

There will be some sections of tracl where pass8ng isnt likely and thats just the thing with traffic. Lead cars should not be punting slower cars off track and always pass cleanly even if it means losing some time.

When 2 or more cars are lapping someone its trickier so everyone needs to be more aware at these times but still cars shouldnt have to drive in the dirt.
    WAC and Peter Wise like this.
  2. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

i like this track, but didnt get on to the PC till an hour before the race, lack of practice and being tired to start with wasnt a good way to race, i kept missing apexs, braking too early, was having a good race with Chunk swapping places once i pitted on my out lap the wife started going crook at the dog which ran to me and was under my feet, in the cockpit, so im trying to fish her out from there and under my seat which saw me hit the wall into turn 2 and needed to pit again to fix damage, car got fixed but never seemed to handle the same after that, pissed off at the wife for doing what she did, i lost all concentration so annoyed at her for causing me to crash, lol i wasnt trying to run off track to let people pass, i was just making stupid mistakes, keeping to far over and dropping a wheel off just seemed to suck the car off the road.
    chunk2620 likes this.
  3. Mael

Mael Professional

Almost had a almighty crash into @chunk2620 on the last lap while lapping him. Tried to get him in between me and Cherno before the hairpin bend :D Luckily he kept calm and everybody got through unscathed.
    chunk2620 likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I haven't ran a lap yet at New Jersey but remember doing a league round there in the 911 gt3 cup cars. In that the left front was getting cooked so I feel sorry for that tyre again next round with the FWD cars. I dont think I ran a car at Brands before that cooked a front left so much but that last turn at NJIMP is going to be a killer. :eek:

I did just try to get into the server got checksum missmatch, I then downloaded the latest version from the link in first post v1.1 still got the missmatch.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  5. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

You are banned from practicing marty
    David Brister likes this.
  6. Mael

Mael Professional

Same, a checksum error. @QC. :coffee:
  7. bbhrt

bbhrt New Recruit

Yeah i went off the track on the 2nd to last turn on the almost 90 degree left hander as i was blue flagged - I went too far right to allow the racing line and once you get a couple of right hand tyres on the dirt the car does'nt want to go left, i wasn't meaning to go off the track - just bad driving on my part really :whistling:
  8. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Oops, updated to version 1.1
    marty and Anon666 like this.
  9. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Those using Sidekick app there has been an update for it http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sidekick.11007/
    v1.11
    - Added delta to car in front/behind the player in the deltas section (not very accurate algorithm, based on speed and distance, identical to Kunos Realtime app)
    - Added full Push to Pass support in a form of a bar with activation "bullets"
    - Added a notification if the wheel is off-center at race start
    - Overhauled the gear ratio learning for better robustness and accuracy, no need to click the "Recalculate" button when you change gear ratios any more (now relies on drivetrain speed thanks to @@Neilski's idea)
    - During replay, app displays data of the currently focused car, instead of being fixed on the player's
    - Improved session reset detection
    - Fixed a rare bug that would cause AC to crash with certain car/track combos when trying to load corrupted data
    - Added missing compound data for Audi TT RS (VLN) and Audi R8 LMS 2016
    - Several other bug fixes and tweaks
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sounds like a great update.
    There is an option in content manager to generate missing tyre data for sidekick which did the trick for me.
  11. David Brister

the practice season on saturday was a load of fun, up there racing door to door with Koaster only a second a lap slower, going to be a tough race tonight!!!
    ed40t likes this.
  12. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Agree Dave. Having a look at the time spilts, so so so close. It's important to get a good qualifying, so I will take this opportunity to remind people during qualifying to turn their lights on when they are on their hot lap!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  13. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Question.
    Does this car have push to pass (or whatever it's called) and is it like KERS for F1?
  14. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

i dont think it has spidey.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    push the accelerator to pass
    Spidey_11 and ed40t like this.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Not my day today, kept over braking in to the first corner and going around. Sorry to anyone trying to avoid that...
  18. David Brister

How can i finish both races in 18th place and get 19th overall??
    Any way, pulled my best ever lap time for qual which still saw me at the back of the pack, had a good run through the 1st lap incidents moved up to 14th but in the last few laps tyres went off, i made some little mistakes, started to lose a spot here and there then on the last corner with a couple laps to go dropped 2 spots, but still had a some great racing. Race 2 started well, and once Annon love tapped me off into the wall, i should have pitted to fix damage, as i was 2 seconds a lap slower than the 1st race, bonnet all vibrating around the screen. but thats racing still a good night. Cheers Guys!!!
    krunch, marty and ed40t like this.
  19. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Although I was a little bit annoyed with myself I actually really enjoyed last nights race.
    How close were the qualify margins? I thought I had it in the bag and Cherno pulled out a blinder. Still I started from the second row, on cold tyres I had to make a move in the first few corners otherwise it would be very difficult. I was lucky Cherno made a mistake and got through, built a big comfy lead only to end up in the wall a few laps to go after being distracted. DOH. Race 2 was so much fun, everyone had their elbows out. I didn't care where i finished, had great battles. Congrats to marty who took the round win.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was an interesting combo here, kind of amazed to get the win but mostly due to others misfortunes. In qualy I had a bit of traffic and made an error on my best chance with clear track, I think even if I put a good lap together I may only have gained 1 spot on the grid as the guys were quick here so that didnt cost too much.

Race 1 I tried to keep it clean first few corners but saw a few others ahead moving the lawn. This meant I gained a few spots by just staying on the black stuff which was one of the main challenges in this combo for me in the first sector on cold tyres. I ended up behind ed in 2nd and tried to put in some quick laps to keep some pressure on, he had me covered for pace so not much chance of making any gains on him. I lapped away trying to maintain position with some quick cars behind. Ed then had a moment on the last turn handing me the lead, bad luck there bud. I then had a big enough gap to hang on the last few laps for an unexpected win.

Race 2 back of the angry pack, I didn't really want to get too aggressive off the line. Cars were bunching up and I chose the wide line at a very slow speed t1. Got 2 wheels in the dirt and had the silliest slow motion spin entirely my own fault losing about 15 seconds to the leaders by the time I got going. Best thing there was I managed to not take anyone else with me at least.

Luckily I saw that the guys ahead were being slowed a little making their way through the pack allowing me to catch the tail of the pack to try make a few passes. Had a bit of a sketchy pass on Pringles as I lost the rear on the inside, sorry I wasn't sure if I forced you off track or not but also no contact. I didn't think I needed to redress, maybe see what others think of this.

There was more then a car space left if going by my front tyres, but the rears which I had lost control of did take up some of the room I wanted to leave him :oops:. He did well to avoid contact but unfortunately getting in the dirt slowed him so I gained a spot in not the cleanest move there.

Later I had a weird incident with Jlynn, from my side it looked like there was lots of space but then I saw his car fly into the wall and ptracker said we had a 50kmh contact. Must have been a weird warp just odd that it happened when side by side like this. I wonder what he saw? I checked my ping just after and it was still as usual around 32 so it probably wasn't my connection.

After this I started catching the guys that finished near the top race 1, passing became much more difficult as they were running much the same pace. I caught Koaster in a bit of a train, with a slightly lighter car thanks to his win and some help from Krunch to just get him out of his rhythm, he ran a little wide and gave me a good chance. Making the pass I then got past Krunch who also made a small error to end up finishing 6th. I assume reverse grid must be half points as I didn't expect 1st and 6th to get the win and now a bigger passenger for the next round.

It was quite a tricky combo but good fun with overall good racing here the starts were a bit hectic but this was as expected with such a tricky section to start the lap on cold tyres.