Division 1 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Bit late but hey, it's here and it isn't a hot lap for sakitto :(
    Highlights from last round at Hockenheim, crazy race
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    some good passes there rhino.
    RHINO11 likes this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R3 : SPRINT ROUND - Sakitto - 7/1/17 - 3pm Race Start
    RACE 1 : 1 x 17 lap race
    RACE 2 : 1 x 18 lap (1 lap formation lap for reverse grid)
    WEATHER SLOTS 1 : Medium Cloud (Both Races)
    WEAR : Real
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : Visual Only
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    [​IMG]

OK, SPRINT ROUND !
    PLEASE READ RACE 2 PROCEDURE BELOW.

PLEASE BE ON TIME.
    Race Rooms will opened by host at approx 7:30 Sydney time (tune room) for people to set up their pit strategy, with the room host to open the NON TUNE race room at about 8pm Sydney time. If you cant make it PLEASE let the host / captain know in the division thread or by sending a message on PSN.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Will be lots of passing opportunities from "SPOON" right through to "FIRST CURVE". When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 3 and 4.
    Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

RACE 2 START PROCEDURE :
    - Race 2 will start as an 18 LAP RACE........
    DONT FALSE START !
    - On race start all drivers will
    STOP BEFORE TURN 1 and line up in reverse finishing order from race 1
    - Drivers who DSC from Race 1 are permitted to start Race 2, and will start at the front as per race 1 finishing order
    - Once the order is set, the lead car will start off and all cars will remain single file at no more than 100kmph. Drivers may swerve to warm tyres etc...
    -
    When the lead car reaches "FOGGY CURVE", it will be at a speed of 100klms, so all cars will be single file until the start / finish line.....There is to be NO PASSING until the start finish line....Any drivers making a pass before will receive a 10 SECOND PENALTY (room hosts / captains to check replay please)
    - Points for the round will be as usual.....full points for race 1, 1/2 points for race 2. Combined points from both races will see overall result.....
    - Fastest lap will be the fastest over the 2 races.....
    - Pole point for race 1 as usual

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : Not required this round

FUEL : Will not be an issue...

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : The only time you will need to worry about this is if you false start in either race .... the pit entry is half way round 'FOGGY CURVE", Drive through once in prac 'just in case" ;)

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

stu
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol dj asked about the tables for the pcars between seasons thing and I asked him if he wanted to have a go for the full season.
    Just lightening the workload since I am in the middle of moving house etc
    dj2ca likes this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Lolol i know im just stirrin
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Might not make tonight guys. Got family up from adelaide still here. :(:(
  9. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Sorry guy's won't make it as a reserve tonight
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    What happened?
  11. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    That's a shame Rhino, winning isn't everything and once you realize that then you might enjoy your racing a bit more and the results will come naturally. There is no doubt that you have the ability to be a top class racer but I think you put too much pressure on yourself. It would be a shame for you to drop out, I know the car isn't to your liking but the challenge is to master the car win or not.

Don't take anything said to heart, it's just some friendly banter between mates and a bit of fun which you seem to play along with and dish back out. But if it is wearing you down just you can say "hey boys that's enough" and we will go back to picking on @Kart-No-1 ;)

Come back next week for Monaco and maybe leave your headset off and just let your driving do the talking. That's the best way to get your revenge.
  12. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great racing tonight guys, even though it was a small grid it was super close. Thanks for the restart after i dropped out at the end of quali after my best quali result in a while, I managed to find 6 tenths off my pb to start on the second row.
    Congrats to Slambo and Redeemer for the wins. It was nice to be at the pointy end tonight but some silly mistakes late in both races cost me a double podium. Happy to come away with 2 4th place finishes and get some good points.
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Hey mate you have great pace just lacking consistency and patients not every corner is a overtaking opportunity even if it looks like it. You have a lot of potential and you should stick with it like spl said tell us to stop if its getting you down but it is just friendly banter.
    See you on track don't be a quitter thats only for smokers.
  14. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    If I'm not gonna be running around off the pace again at Monaco I might show up, purely based on the fact I freakin love the track......what's a good time around there? If I can help someone with a decent hot lap for once I may feel a little better about my pace.
    :cautious:
    The problem I think I have is I feel like I need to be quick, and after my abysmal luck irl this year I kind of wanted some decent results online....albeit that hasn't quite worked out :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
    SPL Racing, Anthonyb and Zachery like this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I don't know what your driving style is @RHINO11 as we don't get to battle very long before lag normally interferes between us, but maybe going for speed or quickness if the wrong approach.

Seems to me from the outside, purely based on numbers, is that you already have the speed... and just need the consistency.

Maybe you are pushing so hard each and every lap which allows the mistakes to creep in and make you feel like you ruined your night.

Maybe try a more conservative approach. Find that lap time that is comfortable, that you are not taking many risks with and try to hit it lap after lap after lap. Once you have that down, you can start to push in different areas where the need arises.

I think this is kind of how I do things. I was reminded of it last night as I was very consistent in race 1 and with a fastest lap for me that wasn't too good compared to the field, I still finished 5th.
    Race 2, I pushed a bit more and found about a second more in pace, but made a few more little errors.
    SuiCid3 and Anthonyb like this.
  16. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Yeah last night I was definitely pushing excessively, I held a 6 second lead in race 2 and had a succession of laps that went, 25.8, 25.8, 25.6, 25.6, spin, 27, spin
    Fantastic lap times but the mistakes appeared and off I went. I think the problem is that I go all out in Quali and don't really back off in the race.....that battle we had in Azerbaijan, that's generally how I race people and the problem is I know it doesn't always work as not everyone is willing to give me room when I lunge up the inside, yet I lose confidence in the race when people start pulling away and then I feel like I HAVE to get past as soon as possible.
    This season my aggressive overaking and defending (changing lines once but running them all the way to the inside in the process) isn't to great due to the fact the slightest touch will see someone flipping (AKA @stucar17 on Saturday).
    I think overall I get limited by my aggressiveness and end up pushing so hard to counter the fact I cant race people how I prefer and may get stuck behind them....end result?
    @RedeemerX2 and @SPL Racing might have noticed this when they were in second yesterday, the gap increased and then it would drop a couple of seconds and then it kept happening until I lost it completely
    dj2ca likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    well then it is obvious.

You need to train your aggression behind the wheel before you can move forward.
  18. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Sakitto is one of those tracks that has a number of places where you can gain lap time by taking risks, turn 1 & 2, the start of Dunlop and both the Degna curves in particular.

But it's a case of having to time them almost perfectly, and ultimately if you get it wrong by even a little bit you end up spinning.

In qually, at least once you have a decent banker lap in, you can afford to start pushing the limits on those types of corners, seeing what you can get away with. But in the race, you're better off finding a safe way to take them consistently.

I myself am guilty of pushing too hard, but mostly because early spins have caused me to have to push to catch back up.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  19. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I think that if you can be consistent in this car you are always in for a good result
  20. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Yeah mate, ill take some of the heat for you.
    SPL Racing likes this.