Season 14 - GT300

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 6, 2017.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Adam Wyman is setting the pace so far. I need to find a second a lap to stay in the hunt. My wheel was turned off at the power point and works much better now that I have turned it back on.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I would still get the wheel replaced if you can.

Did you get a video of it playing up? I showed mine to the staff and they didn't need to open/test the wheel in store
  3. Ben Hamilton

Ben Hamilton New Recruit

PSN ID
    ben-jordz
    Haha oh stop it hat ;)
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was just that I had turned it off. It is completely fine now.
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    RX-7's had the major advantage at Daytona road but it was still close in both races
    Another 2 races of 16 starters, it's addictive!!
  6. Adam Wyman

Adam Wyman Rookie

PSN ID
    adamwyman
    Yeah rx7 was amazing. Had such a good night. Loved the reverse grid race too
    Hatfield likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    natmanscoop likes this.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    BRZ's really struggled for 1 lap pace. Makes the race 2 win all that much sweeter!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Although my night wasn't what you would call successful I had some very intense racing, especially with bmx in both races. But for a lot if 'ifs' I might have had much better results but I could see that I was wasn't alone in my misfortune, there was a lot of off track activity. It seems that you need to get out in the open out front to have any chance and I looked to be getting that chance in the first attempt at race 2 where I found myself in a clear 2nd place midway through the 2nd lap but then we had a restart. I tried to do the same all over again at the restart but my previous good start by going to the left of razor in the row ahead was thwarted this time as he moved left and left me to take to the grass to avoid a collision. The lack of traction on the grass meant that I dropped from a starting position of 5th all the way back to 11th or 12th. I managed to clamber back to 5th by race end but what an exciting journey it was. Bmx, bob and ssman were paying a lot off attention to my rear bumper and side panels in most braking areas and it was a very intense and enjoyable race.
  10. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: over half a second off my pb, wouldnt have mattered too much, happy to start in the top 3 rows.
    Race 1: Good start getting into P3 after T1. Race was basically following Bob and Fitten until Bob lost the draft and the RX7 took off on the long straights, despite some bump drafting with Bob, never gonna catch it. Last few laps were nose to tail with bob and tried moves in the last 3 laps only to wait till the exit of the last banking to get a draft around the outside and drag it to the line. Podiun at this track in this car was a miracle.
    Race 2: Starting from the back, it was a case of sitting and waiting for mistakes so I could move up. Only to find a mid pack battle that lost ground to the leaders. Ended up with Bob and I scraping it out for position again, yet again I waited for a last lap move into T5.
    As much as this was probably the worst track for the Lexus given all the top end speed here; it was a good result I think.
    natmanscoop and emmo46 like this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Qualifying saw me mid-pack and I was worried about the start so took it easy amid all the bump n grind

At some point a bunch of us came across a smoke block at the exit of the bus stop and I found a T-bone into @Bluemoon
    Then began the fight back through the field trying to stay with some of moon's slipstream. I ended up 10th.

Race 2, after the dsc from the first attempt we had to restart and I threw caution to the wind and went for the speed start... and pulled it off! Up into the front pack.

Early on, @BMWF30328 had a massive off and on entry into the bus stop he screamed across in front of me and was very lucky not to take anyone out.

I had a great battle with @StigsTC & @Adronaught and then with adro holding stigs off, managed to gap them from my slip stream. But I needed to concentrate and bang out fast consistent laps to have any hope, and it worked for me taking the win
    natmanscoop and emmo46 like this.
  12. Ben Hamilton

Ben Hamilton New Recruit

PSN ID
    ben-jordz
    My night was a mixed bag.
    Quali: Came 3rd but forgot to not jump back to pits so started last... haha rookie mistake.
    Race 1: Made some ground quickly before unfortunately nudging the inside wall where pit exit is and thus hitting BMWF30328 and ruined his race (again so sorry mate). I readdressed back to last place and drove back to finish 9th place, setting the fastest lap!
    Race 2: Terrible start and dropped back down to 11th before getting caught up in a crash, and then spinning out all by myself, all within a couple of laps and was looking horrible in last position. Knuckled hard though and drove back to 10th, again setting the fastest lap.

Pace was there, but couldn't put it down to a good result :(
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I got caught in that as well, the big smoke screen made me cautious which allowed whoever it was behind me to attempt to run side by side on the last right/left of the bus stop. I held them out only to suddenly see @Bluemoon sitting stopped sideways in the middle of the track as the smoke cleared. I T boned him big time (I sort of enjoyed that I must ashamedly say) and my dropped pace because of that allowed for a big snarling pack to swarm past me onto the final long corner.
    Bluemoon and Hatfield like this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I guess we all approached the mist to gaze at the wonder which is the blue moon

such majestic
    much wow
    Cyberstig1 and emmo46 like this.
  15. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Quietly pleased with my results last night, all things considered.
    Quali was as bad as I expected with no practice, very happy to end up 4th in Race 1 after some good hard running.
    Race 2 was a mystery DSC, no lag or other warning signs just *BAM* DSC.

Restart: I somehow found @BMWF30328 in the wall at the back chicane in Lap 1 after coming through the smokescreen, not sure what happened there. Recovered to take a few points, some good consistent lappery there - feeling I've almost got a handle on the Gariya.now.
    emmo46 and Hatfield like this.
  16. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    *sigh* I really need to slow down more at the bus stop. After tapping Azzbang in R2, I just stopped there stunned.
    emmo46 likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was being careful there but still lost it there all by myself towards the end of race 1 and lost about 5 places.:(
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3 - Nurburgring GP/F - 9 laps x 2 races
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEST Race Start 8:30 AEST

[​IMG]
    Everyone please make sure to at least have @Bluemoon & @Adronaught on your friends list as they are our room host and backup host
    Don't forget to oil change your car.

TRACK LIMITS: Outside of corners 1, 3-5, 7, 12, 14, 16, 18-20 have tarmac that is not race track. Be especially careful not to illegally cut/run wide without lifting at T3-5 & T19-20. Same for running wide at 1, 12, 16 & 18. DO NOT rejoin unsafely.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING: There are lots of places to pass here and we should hopefully see some door to door close racing.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikaze passes into 1.

There is NO COMPULSORY PITSTOP this season

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46