Cockpit Show us your Simulator Cockpit setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    It's more of a comfort thing than anything else Gary, i always found the pedals i used whilst racing barefoot or with socks began to hurt after a little while, where as that's not an issue at all with the boots. Not to mention the risk of your foot slipping off on a hot sweaty day is reduced significantly :)
    garyw61 likes this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  4. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    I will just have to stick with my High Speed racing socks!!
  5. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

The New Cockpit and Wheel Set up
    [​IMG]
  6. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I had an upgrade. Not real happy with the big screen right now. My usual and better TV didnt fit the stand. So i'll probably have to work towards changing that part because the Soniq doesnt seem a great choice at the moment.

Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  7. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Looks like a nice setup, what part aren't you feeling the love about? Is the refresh rate of the TV or you getting ghosting?
  8. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    It could just be my eyesight and being too close to such a big tv. I've only had one go at it, so it may get better with time, but it's quite rough on the eyes, made me a little sick and I never liked the picture quality when it was the bedroom TV.

Tonight will be the real test with the Japanese Grand Prix.
  9. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I'm sorta deciding between getting the GTxtreme V2 or the F1GT. I can't help but feel the GTxtreme would be the more practical choice, not sure if anyone has any insights as to which one I would be more happy with?
  10. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I can't say anything for the GTxtreme, but I am enjoying the F1GT so far. Looking at them both though, the GTxtreme seems an easier setup to move in and out of position. The F1GT (especially with the monitor setup) really seems a more permanent setup than what the GTextreme seems to be.
  11. its-benny-racer

If anything the F1GT seems more sturdy, so perhaps less likely to flex, also looks to be more comfortable. Also the position of the screen mount seems better in some ways, closer to the seat.
    But the GTxtreme seems more portable and compact, also looks like it might be easier to mount button boxes and tablets.
    Wondering if anyone does have the GTxtreme, I'm interested in how sturdy it feels with FFB dialed up.
  12. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac

Also, if you wanted to upgrade to the motion simulation setups that Pagnian sell, I'm imagining that they aren't compatible with the F1GT as the seat is always firmly bolted to the base.

If you happen to be in Sydney, I'm happy to try organise a time you can come have a test run in my setup. Can always set up the FFB exactly how you like it, because I don't even know how I've got mine setup anyway hahaha.
  13. its-benny-racer

Yeah, I don't see myself going for a mechanical setup in the foreseeable future. My main preferences are comfort and sturdiness (don't want the wheel or pedals moving around under pressure)
  14. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    In F1 position, the seat can be tricky to get into. Kind of have to stand on the seat and slide your way in. I imagine it's quite realistic. It's basically on the floor, so I imagine a lot of people might struggle to get in and out. Haven't had it in GT setup at all.

Overall, from my weeks experience, it seems quite sturdy to me.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. its-benny-racer

Yeah, I saw that in some review video, I don't actually mind that, it's not like a real racing car is easy to climb into. As long as it is comfy to sit in (and stay in for a couple of hours in an enduro)
  16. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Don't have one, but have had a go in a GT Extreme. very sturdy. and this was using Fanatec V2 gear. couldn't notice any movement at all.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    used to have an extreme, and even with Pcars FFB all the way up it was sturdy as! Highly recommend
    Spidey_11 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  18. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Not much has changed recently, except I'm using a T300 now and still using the G27 pedals. They're very much on their last legs these days but they get the job done. New big screen TV makes racing a lot more enjoyable as it allows for a far wider FOV setting for better spacial awareness.
    [​IMG]
    Ad2mny likes this.
  20. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    If you can't feel the heat from the TV, it's too far away...

Lol