Division 3 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    R3 : SPRINT ROUND - Sakitto - 7/1/17 - 3pm Race Start
    RACE 1 : 1 x 17 lap race
    RACE 2 : 1 x 18 lap (1 lap formation lap for reverse grid)
    WEATHER SLOTS 1 : Medium Cloud (Both Races)
    WEAR : Real
    FUEL : Real
    DAMAGE : Visual Only
    TIME PROGRESSION : Real Time
    WEATHER PROGRESSION : Sync To Race
    [​IMG]

OK, SPRINT ROUND !
    PLEASE READ RACE 2 PROCEDURE BELOW.

PLEASE BE ON TIME.
    Race Rooms will opened by host at approx 7:30 Sydney time (tune room) for people to set up their pit strategy, with the room host to open the NON TUNE race room at about 8pm Sydney time. If you cant make it PLEASE let the host / captain know in the division thread or by sending a message on PSN.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Will be lots of passing opportunities from "SPOON" right through to "FIRST CURVE". When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 3 and 4.
    Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

RACE 2 START PROCEDURE :
    - Race 2 will start as an 18 LAP RACE........
    DONT FALSE START !
    - On race start all drivers will
    STOP BEFORE TURN 1 and line up in reverse finishing order from race 1
    - Drivers who DSC from Race 1 are permitted to start Race 2, and will start at the front as per race 1 finishing order
    - Once the order is set, the lead car will start off and all cars will remain single file at no more than 100kmph. Drivers may swerve to warm tyres etc...
    -
    When the lead car reaches "FOGGY CURVE", it will be at a speed of 100klms, so all cars will be single file until the start / finish line.....There is to be NO PASSING until the start finish line....Any drivers making a pass before will receive a 10 SECOND PENALTY (room hosts / captains to check replay please)
    - Points for the round will be as usual.....full points for race 1, 1/2 points for race 2. Combined points from both races will see overall result.....
    - Fastest lap will be the fastest over the 2 races.....
    - Pole point for race 1 as usual

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : Not required this round

FUEL : Will not be an issue...

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : The only time you will need to worry about this is if you false start in either race .... the pit entry is half way round 'FOGGY CURVE", Drive through once in prac 'just in case" ;)

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

stu
    maximuscatticus likes this.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    is everyone available this week ?

@Ant_427 was keen to race again if there is a spot available
    @Chase are you in this week ?
    Chase likes this.
  3. Chase

Chase Rookie

PSN ID
    Flatstick
    Yes mate.
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    @stucar17 I have become a maybe for tomorrow nights round at this stage. will know more mid afternoon tomorrow.
  5. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    i'm good to go.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @fezza , if you have a spare spot @Ant_427 is keen for a run tonight...not sure if you will have a spare spot
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Everyone good with the reverse grid procedure ??

DONT JUMP THE START !
    -STOP ON FIRST LAP BEFORE t1 AND LINE UP IN REVERSE ORDER FROM RACE 1
    - WHEN ORGANISED, STAY SINGLE FILE ... LEAD DRIVER TO STAY AT ABOUT 100KLMS
    - cARS MAY HIT RACE SPEED ON LAST CORNER (FOGGEY CURVE)
    - NO PASSING TILL START FINISH LINE

GOOD LUCK GUYS, RACE CLEAN !
    Chase likes this.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I am a starter tonight
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. ShootSho7t

ShootSho7t Rookie

PSN ID
    shoootshoooooooot
    Can't make it tonight, have fun guys
  10. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Practice room is up, have sent invite to ant too
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

So pissed. Had to go to full rim from the f1 rim cos of shift switches being rooted and it feels like a boat on mid-speed corners. Twitchy as heck on turn in. Not impressed. Going to have to reset my wheel in settings and hope for the best.

Anyone else on a 1080 wheel, what do you do? Full turn then 90 degrees?

I won't be there for Monaco either. Turning lock is rubbish.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  12. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Race 2
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    stucar17, JonoStan96 and dj2ca like this.
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    ....and might I add

WOOOOOO!!
    stucar17, George, SuiCid3 and 3 others like this.
  14. Chase

Chase Rookie

PSN ID
    Flatstick
    Great night!
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Whoops...Sorry about start of race 1 fezza, ran a little wide into turn 2.
    stucar17 and VARDZ like this.
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Race 2 saw the usual mayhem in the opening laps.... I am sure the stewards room will be busy... i had my race 2 was ruined twice but no protests from me as it wont improve my position...
    Happy to get 2nd overall... provisional of course... here are the combined races and the round points
    [​IMG]
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Thats the reason i thought you better save your replay ant
  18. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    it's alright, luckily had the pace to make my way up to finish 3rd.
    stucar17 and VARDZ like this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What wheel you have rumbles ?? Made a few adjustments to my T500 last night and it felt much better for that track.....

Well done last night guys, great to see a big grid again..... @Ant_427 awesome result for your second race....with dropped round you are right in the mix for the championship....still a long way to go

On a side note...this has gone in all div threads....can everyone tone down (myself included) some of the language on the mics.....i unplugged mine last night for a couple of seconds and my 10 year old heard 4 F bombs and and a C bomb in the space of 10 seconds.....We also have drivers using the chat to hear whats going on, so if they are in the chat through their TV, everyone in the room can hear. Not a great look.....Thanks

Will try to get Driver briefing up for monaco tomorrow, get ready for what i think will be the toughest league race we have done in my time here....can i suggest that EVERYONE get some prac into the pit lane, out of pit lane and a 16 lap run to see how tyres go.....I did a race run late last night and with X3 wear on tyres will be a close thing.....Is a super hard track, so we will use GHOSTING ON for the inevitable spins and wall stops that will happen....will be a serious test of patience for everyone.....

Stu
    Ad2mny likes this.
  20. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    RACE 1: Got disqualified on lap 1 between 200R & 300R for "hit opponent". I was actually reversing away from a previous collision when I got hit from behind. Stupid game setting, moving on.....
    RACE 2: Bit of confusion as to where I should start based on race 1, finished up starting last even though Stu's race brief says " Drivers who DSC from Race 1 are permitted to start Race 2, and will start at the front as per race 1 finishing order". Thanks to @PurpleDog for the last few laps. Got a lot hits & near hits along the way.
    Ad2mny likes this.