Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    @RHINO11
    You should be ok, we can keep sending invites during the qualli session, just make sure you have a setup saved as you’ll be starting at the back.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    nice display pic ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Yeah basically gonna copy the one of your setup guide and just default the differentials, same as I did in china
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The most away from home flyaway race, the Australian Grand Prix has been a staple Formula One event since 1985. 11 races were held in Adelaide as a popular season finale until it was controversially moved to Melbourne for the 1996 season opener. Albert Park is a unique circuit in that while it is a street track, it is still surrounded by grass and gravel. The circuit is narrow and with few opportunities to pass, races are often won in the pits.
    [​IMG]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4mtjC9DozXs

S2 Podium: 1. Hatfield (Ferrari) 2. Jono (RBR-TAG Heuer) 3. Razor (STR-Ferrari)

Date: Thursday 12th of October 8:20 ADST
    Host: Zachery
    Time of Day: Qualifying: Midday, Race: Sunrise X3
    Race Length: 58 Laps
    Qualifying: 12 minute shootout
    Tyres: US, SS, S

[​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING: Passing is far more difficult with these new cars. You must set up your passes accordingly and not pass recklessly. Albert Park is notorious for being difficult to pass at the best of times, the straights are too short to get a good run out of a corner.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

PRE-RACE: You must wait until a call to ready in the PS4 chat. This will be approximately 45 seconds after the F1 intro sequence, more than enough time to setup a race strategy. DO NOT hit X until the ready call is sent.

FORMATION LAP: This season will see the introduction of the formation lap to set the clutch bitepoint and to warm up tyres. Please avoid overtaking other cars and leave space.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your car and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

PIT STOPS: This season will introduce realistic pit stops. You must slow down to the indicated speed limit otherwise you will earn a stop and go penalty. You must also pull away from the pits using the clutch, and deactivate the pit limiter on the pit exit line.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: We will be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

PENALTY POINTS: For this season you can only be awarded Penalty Points if you have been protested, fail to upload your pole position lap, make a track limit infringment on the lap, quit without retiring or spam the PS4 Group Chat.

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING: This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. Failure to do so will result in 3 penalty points against your name. It is also asked that you do not chuck a hissy fit and take out the brake markers.

RECORD YOUR RACE!: Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

how not to do it at t1 on full tanks...

JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I’ve got that full race on my computer, as much as I loved the Walker and Brundle duo, the forced jabs at Frentzen for losing the race (despite Williams screwing up the stops and not bothering to put bigger brakes on) were pretty lame, especially considering apart from Hungary, Diniz had the measure of Hill all year.
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Should make the race. Gonna be different from china with loads of prac to Aus with none. Good times
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah im the same mate, havent turned a lap yet! :confused::confused:
  9. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Every week my practice is a few time trial laps then a little bit of the race distance for the night to work out my strategy and that’s it. All on Thursday before the race....u know what that might be why I’m not on the pace
    Knuckles and Zachery like this.
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i was sitting in the grandstand inside of t1 ;) & first time i forked out cash for a seat :thumbsup:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Oh wow! I was only a few months old at the time, but what a season 1997 was!
    nigegunz likes this.
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I turned the game on at about 6pm AEDT, and it's been showing "Downloading Content" in the top left hand corner. So that's been over an hour. Is this going to give me issues come Race time?
  14. TheGopherGamer

TheGopherGamer New Recruit

PSN ID
    TheGopherGamer
    Great, my teammate already having issues :p
  15. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I had the same thing just while i was testing hopefully its just nothing
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That’s just an irritating pop up that happens when you look at Time Trial leaderoards. Only way to get rid od it is to restart the game.
  17. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Copy that. Can confirm that I did look at leader boards.
  18. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Haven't been on this game for 2 weeks and got a crook shoulder. 100% will be interesting
  19. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Another absolute :):):):)en :):):):) fest of a race. At least the fish were biting.
    razor4797, fezza, Motors560 and 3 others like this.
  20. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

And after all that I get a network error. Not much fun tonight I have to say.
    JonoStan96 likes this.