Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Like I said, the rules are the rules. And I'd honestly prefer the rules to NOT change due to me. No one wants to be the kid that rules had to be changed for. I can honestly say I hadn't read that part of the regulations thouroughly enough to know it was a rule, I assumed it was 75% (probably because I'm pretty sure that's the V8s cut off and that's what I've grown up with). That's 100% on me and am fine for the rule to be applied as it's written. (Though, it doesn't say wether the Lap Count rounds up or down). The part that confuses/frustrates me is if I'd have just not rejoined when I had a DSC a bit earlier (pretty sure it was after the 75% point) and let the AI drive for me, I'd have done enough for a point. Yet by scrambling back in, and busting my ass to the end (only to go the 6th lap down on the leaders final lap), I get awarded nothing. My only suggestion is that maybe these rules should be in unison. Either both 75 or both 90%, but there's probably a reason it's not that way that I am not in the know of.

But again, with those rules in place, I dare say I'll have to be pulling out of the 100%ers untill my driving ability is on that level.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    whatever happens, you will probably find points next to your name once I get the tables done ;)
  3. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Make it 25 and ill be a very happy guy... :roflmao:

Actually made me smile on my long hot walk home from the station, so thanks for that. But whatever the League says my points should or shouldnt be will be fine with me. Actually quite embarrased to have all this discussion around me. Kind of been a depressing afternoon just thinking/discussing about it.
  4. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    To be honest i see both sides of the argument here. It's clearly stated in the rules of the series that a competitor must have complete a minimum of 90% race distance to be classified as a finisher and to be eligible for points. But saying that it's one lousy point and not to offend you Mark but i doubt 1 point is going to make all the difference towards the championship.
    Zachery likes this.
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    :cry:
    [​IMG]
    JonoStan96 and Motors560 like this.
  6. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Hahahaha for sure!! Just ask him :laugh: ;)
  7. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    @Beau_Albert haha ok maybe in that case :roflmao:. But i mean't for Mark who's not battling for a championship
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  8. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    No offence taken mate. I'm in agreeance that one point for me is nothing in the grand scheme of things. But it's still technically a DNF, and after all that effort last night, that's what hurts the most. Though, Points in the enduros last season would probably have been my only points, and subsequently, my only real highlights of the season. And it seems that my only source of highlights (finishing enduros for points) is gone. So, hence, depressing.
  9. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Pole lap time
    Apex_64 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    No @seth123 it's one shot qualify which we had to do after the room crashed. You can see around 30 seconds in Gopher retiring proving it's online.
    seth123 likes this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Hahaha I just realised, I’m like what a shifty

I should’ve realised from where he started hahah
    Jurassic Mark likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    @Hatfield
    Mark is promoted to 10th.
    [​IMG]

I must say I’m quite surprised there was any confusion over the matter of the 90% rule when a) this has been in place since the start, and b), we have had people not score points after finishing 10th before with no complaints post race. Rules are rules and I’m not going to bend them over for anyone regardless if they are 1st in the title race or 20th. We run this series following the FIA Sporting Regulations closely but not 100% by the book for obvious reasons.

I also say I’m quite surprised about the confusion because I got it completely wrong. I finally got a chance to re-examine the 2017 Sporting Regs and yes, to be a classified finisher (and therefore eligible for points) you must have completed at least 90% of the race distance, rounded DOWN to the nearest whole number. Therefore my previous ruling of Mark not scoring a championship point was incorrect, as 90% of 58 is 52.3, rounded down to 52.

This was indeed an error on my behalf and I must shoulder the responsiblity of regrettably causing the confusion and chaos as a result of it. Ironically enough had Benny crashed out instead of disconnecting we wouldn’t have had all this confusion in the first place. But I stuffed up, so @Jurassic Mark, I’m sorry for causing you to have second doubts about participation in the enduros, regardless of pace, the fact that you turn up week in week out despite knowing an overall win is almost an impossibilty, makes you a massive asset to the series and I am very proud that you have remained on the grid. The last thing I want is anyone not participating because they feel they are not good enough. Your consistent punctuality depite scrapping for minor placings is more than can be said for some in other series (not rooz in particular but many leagues I have witnessed online) that give up and never return because wins aren’t happening instantly. I really hope you are on the grid for Monaco as that in my opinion was your best drive of that season.

On that note, the division changes will result in new tables posted by Hatfield next Monday, which will be under the assumption that these current divs were in place from the start of the season. It is what it is. If you have any questions about your division placement please PM myself ASAP.

Oh and huge congrats to @KeedenMcdonald, @Motors560 and @Knuckles.

1.09 has just dropped, a big one at 2.4GB.

Lets move onto Russia shall we?
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  13. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Bloody hell Keedan that was a brilliant lap
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  14. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac

Happy for it to all be cleared up. I do have a query, but I'll do it via PM shortly so as not to cause anymore discussions on this.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Fan of the new updates.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Patch notes
  17. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Just a quick run at sochi with exact same set up as pre patch.
    Car less stable at top speed and under brakes. Merc never had full shark fin, does now. If it effects it i dont know.
    TC is a bit different. I think its lowered how much traction it gives you.
    My wheel feels lighter with no fuel but still nice and direct.
    Nothing else noted so far.
    Except liveries of course
  18. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Still lot of teleporting in public lobbies. Full room with flags thou. Also still :):):):):):)s that just wanna play bumper cars.
  19. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam