Join the team at Raceonoz

Discussion in 'RaceOnOZ Aussie iRacing Team' started by Giant slayer, Jun 10, 2017.

1. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    V8SC Dev Series requires a minimum D licence - this one is an organised and hosted series (the official iracing V8SC series requires a C licence)

IMSA is one of the official iracing run series' and requires a B licence.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  2. Jesse

Jesse Rookie

Hey jlynn
    Dev series is great fun. It runs on Tuesday nights with practice starting at 8pm eastern time quali is at 9pm and race starts at about 930 and goes for about an hour.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  3. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    guys, is there anything in the pipeline for some open iracing fun events??

It could help bring people to rooz and get more of our existing membership onto iracing
  4. jamieson5000

jamieson5000 New Recruit

Hi there guys. I'm interested in signing up to iRacing. I just got my d license. Not too sure what to do from there though. How many and what type of cars and tracks should I be buying? I'm into open wheel, gt and lmp. How do you find out about race series for the GT for example? The time they are on and what sort of tracks they race at? I don't really want to be spending money on tracks if I only use it for one particular series. Or do all cars use similar tracks? Should I buy a heap of tracks and 1 or 2 cars at once? Or just buy the track and car when needed?? Any info would be much appreciated!
  5. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Hi Mate if your interested in joining the team here at Raceonoz we will be more then happy to help.
    i send you a PM and we can go from there.
  6. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Hey guys im moving over from PS4 to PC and i want to join the iracing side of Raceonoz.Im interested in racing the 410 Sprintcar...I dont have any licences yet Cheers Mick
    Giant slayer likes this.
  7. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    @Mick ill send you the link to our discord to have a chat
  8. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    ok thanks man
  9. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    G'day fellas...Hey guys ive joined the Raceonoz iracing team and ive got that Discord app...I want to race 410 Sprintcars,What do I do next ?...Cheers :thumbsup:
  10. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    jump in on discord when you can
  11. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    How can I get onto the discord channel guys? I have the app
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Link is in the thread Koaster made mate in this section
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hi guys Im back again, finished the big house move, well :):):):) stillin boxes but rig is up and running which is the main thing in any house move. Got my internet sort of sorted with a change over from ADSL to NBN coming this week, so looking at getting back into the v8 and the rooz team, mainly in Scops and prob back in officials as i get some pace back (if i can).
    will jump in discord when i get a chance and see whats happening.
    Graeme (Bones) Phyland is my Iracing name
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  14. jimmy

jimmy New Recruit

Hi guys I just joined your forum. I joined iracing halfway through last season absolutely loving it. Keen to get involved with an aussie team. I think I'm competitiveish but mainly looking to have good fun racing with some other aussies and learning from other people.
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Welcome mate,

Am sure that @Giant slayer and @Benjamin J Smith will be able to help you out in some way.....stay tuned !
    The_Spectre likes this.
  16. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Just wanted to thank @Giant slayer for spending hours last night getting my computer all sorted for iracing. It was a massive help. Now to get some more laps under my belt and get out of rookies.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Alright, I'm starting to get the hang of iracing now and have got my D license for road. Question is where to from here? I have been enjoying the mx5 even though it's slow as. I'm keen to get back to some championship league racing but is it better to keep running in the hourly races and concentrate on building up my irating and licences for now?
    I am keen to also get into a truck series for a bit of fun on the side, which requires very little practice for most oval tracks. The list of available series is quite daunting and is hard to know where to start so any suggestions are welcomed.

Cheers
  19. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Keep going with the official/hourly races until you work your way up to a Road C-License, that will open alot more doors for you. V8SCOPS and the V8Supercar Official Series if you want to go with the Supercars route, you can do the Porsches if you want to go with a GT route. iRating shouldn't be a concern for you at this early stage, just focus on the Safety Rating :)

For the Trucks, you'll need to get a B-Oval license, and i can speak from experience, that takes a while to get!! I only just recently got mine. Hard to stay out of all the chaos that happens in those races and due to the low number of corners, SR takes forever to get up!! Fun though!

Hope to see you on track sooner rather than later, ex-Team Captain :D
    Sam D Blacklock and SPL Racing like this.
  20. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Thanks Beau, I'll just keep pushing on. Hopefully you will see me as a speck in your mirror one day, then I'll know that I've made it.
    Beau_Albert likes this.