GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Do you realize the DS4 doesn’t have pressure sensitive face buttons?
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Correct. You can't modulate throttle and brake with X and Square anymore.

I was once like you and used them quite effectively. One time, I hurt my thumb and had to settle for the right stick. After some practice, I am now faster that way when I use a controller. I suggest you do the same in your GT Sport journey.... then get a wheel!
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OK everyone...

I have taken a long look at the online settings and will put them up in full hopefully tomorrow

you CAN choose any track in online lobbies no matter your level or if you have not unlocked it in your gt sport career
    there are options for fuel wear, tyre wear, power/weight restrictions etc. You can also set a manual grid lineup for the race.

But, you cannot restrict tuning from what I can see. You can turn on the BOP but suspension etc can still be modified.
    This means we will need some assistance from the tuners out there to help put up a base tune for the seasons tracks.

If people like, I will include my shareplay video of me just going through the settings
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

As a self-proclaimed controller master I don't know how you can use anything other than R2 accelerator, L2 brake, R1 Shift up, L1 Shift Down.
    Tristan Jones and RHINO11 like this.
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    PS2 controllers didn't have R1/R2 as triggers, so it was easier for me to use face buttons as throttle/brake, and i just got used to it.
    Well thats pretty dumb. Why would they get rid of such a good feature of their controllers?
  6. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Similar story, Used X and Square until a particular mission on GT4 (Mercedes Benz at Nurburgring) had me stumped on only silver. Dad showed me a neat right thumb stick trick and had me pass in flying colours! (Although sometimes I wonder how bad I must've been lol)
  7. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I always used right stick for throttle and brake, with R1 and L1 for gear change.
    I won the inaugural Division 2 championship on GT5 with that method! Ahhh memories :)
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    @Hatfield, thanks for the tip of using the right stick as throttle/brake, BUT my severe uncoordination of my thumbs means that I end up steering with both sticks and then trying to correct myself and accelerating straight ahead into the wall. I could probably get used to it but i cant be bothered tbh. Then out of curiosity i tried the triggers, but my muscle memory of using square to brake instead of downshift ended up with a very expensive accident.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you're not going to learn a new way in a few hours. It will take days!
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    That damn mercedes challenge. Still haunts me
  11. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I am learning how to cope with the face buttons anyway, like using TC at 1 off a standing start and turning it off afterwards. Im doing the driving school and im getting golds on everything, so im trying new techniques as i go. If i get really desperate, ill try the right thumb again, but for now im ok
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I remember seeing a video before launch of the livery editor and it had heaps more paint effects.
    Has anyone seen these either in the mileage marketplace or received as bonuses?
    I've seen a few colours in the market, but not the effects. I remember there was metallic flakes, and various other paint effects.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think after choosing the colour, you can change the 'finish'
    also some of the mileage point buying paint colours are special ones...
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Liking the game so far but man the lack of single player content is disappointing, and most of it feels like artificial filler. I knew this going in but it feels weird having the full game now and thinking, we waited 4 years for this? If you’re not into photography or online racing there literally is arcade mode and random missions which will get old fast. You’d better hope to have a lot of online friends with this game otherwise unless you had PS VR, you’d be bored :):):):)less within a week. Thank god for ROOZ then...
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    @Hatfield Is there going to be a new qually track/car combo on GTS? Would there be a benefit in all season signups redoing a qually?
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    There will be mate, and i assume details will be released very shortly :)
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes
  19. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    You did the beta AND the demo though right? Might be taking a bit of the shine off it for you perhaps?
    I'm quite enjoying the campaign stuff, it's a real nostalgic experience seeing as we haven't had a new GT in four years.
    Having said that, your sentiments are well founded. You'd get bored very quickly without online racing!
    Kaz has said that more campaign content will be released. I'd assume a track guide for any new circuits, perhaps more missions for new car and track releases? Not all hope is lost :)
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Im actually quite confident that they will develop this game and release stuff for a long time. thats the thing, the framework is excellent, and adding stuff wont be too hard from this point. Games nowadays can be built as they go, or so to speak, so expect a lot to come in this space!