Season Lucky No. 13!! That's No Pirate, It's A GTaaaRrrgh!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 18, 2017.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Im uploading a little video now of the race battles with you and koastr, team skins may not all be correct as I just assumed seeing there were only 4 skins in the field putting the team skins over the top of these official ones should be correct. There is also a fair chance I just stuffed the team/colour combo on some or most but next round once skins are loaded to the field they should all be correct without needing the hack/workaround. ;)
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  3. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Awesome mate. Just want it to be known publicly I wont be caught dead wearing turtle beach colours :p
    marty and krunch like this.
  4. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

If you were a true Turtle Beacher you wouldn't be caught ;)
    Anon666 and jlynn777 like this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

One point in it for the team battles, TGM is in the right place though :)
    Anon666 and marty like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Also likely would have not donated time in the pits to us, though some of my team mates that did lots of practice laps and I tried to give a heads up to in team chat seemed to miss that message. @Godzilla :speechless:

Here is a replay of a few laps battling @ed40t and @KoAStR after my pit exit, both times I lost the battle but was clean and fair and I was just out driven. The video may be slightly lower quality as this was uploaded at 1080p60 (to save some time on my crappy upload speed) where the other was 4k60 even though both were captured at 4k60 with the same likely incorrect skins. :unsure:

Edit: oops uploaded the wrong vid didnt show the battle with ed40t but should be fixed now.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    KoAStR and krunch like this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Who did lots of practice laps? :)
    Also, what was I suppose to know about pitting...
  8. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

QC. RSR is saying there is a newer version of Donnington Park out... thankfully. I also still have ur version when I wanted to do a few laps yesterday.
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Barbagallo is actually not a bad track for the GTR, fairly short and quiet fast but plenty of overtaking options
    Rolz and marty like this.
  10. Rolz

I'll give Marty's servers a go hopefully tonight, I would prefer smaller/tighter tracks as it would keep the cars closer with the GTR... IMHO :coffee::D
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will get on them later tonight, one of the tracks either Jerez or Algarve had a few variants so not sure if the ones loaded are what was intended. In terms of racing I still dont mind the odd longer straights to make passing more likely with a draft. If tracks are too tight and short it usually makes defending a bit too easy. Vallelunga was a good mix giving both the lead and following cars some hope and made it a very tough race for both so it was a fun challenge even if I got passed twice on track with my only gains in the pits.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I'll be on tonight as well, will join whatever server had people on it.
    Also think that tracks that are too tight may be worse off for the GTR in keeping it close as trying to get the power down well out of a tight corner can be a bit tricky and any small mistakes there can cost a heap of time. Also much harder to pass in to tight corners where there's only one line through really. Tracks with medium to high speed corners and some heavy braking would suit the car and the racing best I thinfk, but that's just me
  13. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Pogz and I had a bit of a mess around on Marty's Algarve server last night. I really like the track but I came out of it thinking the top guys could really pull away from us mortals. Very dynamic track with lots of corners having considerable elevation and radius changes. Has some great corner combos, a long straight, and I'm sure there's lots of overtaking opportunities. Think it would be good for later in the season, otherwise a sprint round.
    pogz likes this.
  14. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

If nobody's having checksum errors then it should be OK.
    Pretty sure its the new version (1.15), also I had trouble with RSR and Barbagallo which hadn't been updated in ages (haven't used it in ages either tho).

cheers
    Rolz likes this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I did give the Algarve track a go just then, only ran a handful of laps in PC2 at the track before but its a great layout. Maybe one of the best drivers circuits just behind Nords and Bathurst for me. With a bit of everything corner wise and fairly technical while still having a good flow. Works pretty well in this car and if there are no issues with the mod track would be fun to have a league race on it I think.

Had a few races at Algarve with a few guys and its quite fun even in a small pack. Track limits would be a bit of an issue if people abused it t1 or last turn mostly.

Then did a few races at Okanawa which I never saw before, fun little layout. Very different and a better made track I think then Algarve, racing would be pretty close here. Passing is still possible in a few sections as its fairly easy to make a small error and give the guy behind a nice chance. Its much smaller and tighter but both work ok in these cars I think and either could be run in a league race.

I did have a crashing issue with Jerez but initially loaded the server with max grid 35 cars, when I dropped this to 24 it was fine but I never did a lap on that so no idea about it yet. Will give it a go some time during the week.

Donnington I tried the latest version and it is much nice but was always a good mod track so should be fun racing there too.

I dloaded the latest eastern creek from the post earlier but got a checksum error on the ROOZ server with that so didnt run any laps either.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    jlynn777 likes this.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  17. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Oh bollocks, missed 1st round :(
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    are you still in for gt sport? meet n greet this sunday and I need your qually lap please...
  19. Rolz

Morning all! So do we have a track locked in yet for Monday? If it's one of the new ones then I'd really like to get some laps down... I tried Algarve last night with a few of the lads, but if I'm going to have any hope of being competitive I try to get 100laps down with a car prior to race start... especially with this car as it's not one I'm used to... :D
    jlynn777 likes this.
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Will confirm tonight, but I am happy to lock in Donn Nat sprint round for Monday. It's a solid mod and a track that will work ok with this car. 2 x 16 lap races should be close, but will get final details up tonight.
    krunch, marty and Rolz like this.