Season Lucky No. 13!! That's No Pirate, It's A GTaaaRrrgh!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Yes the voices get streamed, I can stop it from doing so, but that would take a little bit from the atmosphere and joy of it. Don't really need to keep it PG, but there is a reason I don't stream the Thursday practices ;)
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OP updated. Lots of mod's this season to test the men from the other men. All complaints to be posted to Locked Bag 1000, and addressed to Agro's cartoon connection.
    Rolz likes this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

chunk2620 and Anon666 like this.
  4. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

The gap between myself and Marty over the finish, Hopefully we get some racing like this on Monday

[​IMG]
    Anon666, Peter Wise, marty and 2 others like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

So you pick the angle that makes you look much closer. :D

[​IMG]
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Donington is certainly open to lots of cuts, I haven't done the way outrageous enter T1 via pits like I have seen ppl do... I still try to keep at least 2 wheels on the track... "Old Hairpin" is probably my vice corner for cuts, bit it's not that I purposely enter it to go wide... but I would argue 80% of ppl go wide there too...
    This track is probably an excellent reason to implements PLP (pit lane penalty). Still I envisage race night there will be massive cuts all over the place... coming down on one person would end up being Verstappen style unfair... I would recommend a PLP vote like ballast... my 2c, will be on again tonight for some more last minute practice..
    ed40t likes this.
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I think a discussion on track limits is warranted.

It's generally accepted at ROOZ that two wheels must remain on the track at all times, and that parts of the track include contrast-striped ripple strips and solid white lines but not sausage curbs or solid coloured curbs outside ripple strips - clarification examples:
    1. Where there is a solid white line and a ripple strip, four wheels can go outside the white line so long as two wheels remain on the ripple strip.
    2. Where there is a ripple strip and a sausage curb or judder bar, all four wheels can be on the ripple strip, but only two wheels can mount the sausage curb or run over judder bar.
    3. Where there is only a solid white line, two wheels must stay within or on the line.
    2 wheels still on track OK:
    [​IMG]
    All four wheels outside track limits:
    [​IMG]

Here's a good example of driving to the edge of track limits. You'll see all four wheels off the tarmac while mounting ripple strips here.

Leaving the track is not an offence in itself, but if a driver does so he must rejoin the track safety and without gaining any lasting advantage. So occasionally exceeding track limits is ok we don't expect robot precision but blatant and gross abuse of track for advantage may attract a post race time penalty in the order of a drive through. Some leniancy may apply for driving on sausage curbs or judders as this is generally slower anyway, but having four wheels non-track side to completely dodge these features is definitely a gross abuse of track limits.

T1 wide entry via pit lane is probably the only location where the general rules gets a bit blurry at Donnington.
    While still on the tarmac there is a solid white line perimiter around a blue shaded sections that tapers out and transitions to a broken white line. There's no judders to upset the car through any of it which would normally make it a no brainer as there'd be no advantage to be had.

IMO I'd like to to see the solid white line at this location respected as track limit but and less concerned with the broken white line particularly for a sprint round where we're not expecting to see the pit exit lane being used.
    c4rLo5, krunch, ed40t and 3 others like this.
  8. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

speak up if you see anyone going off track IMO.
    KoAStR likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Main reason I mentioned it in server as I wanted clarification of the rules here, going by the post above then Id say most have been overstepping it in the practice server fairly blatantly. Here is just one 10 lap race at a few of the corners. This is not to pick on anyone in particular its just the last race I did and had the replay saved so using this to see how people see these as an example.

T1 seems pretty blatant on entry and is only done to gain a significant advantage crossing a solid white line with all 4 wheels. Its fairly clear this is not intended track. Some say its a grey area but its fairly clear where the track is and why people would go on such a line.

T4 is easy to go wide by mistake but if you dont have much interest in staying inside the track you can just over commit each time. If you run 4 wheels wide or even 2 cars wide it seems many jist keep it planted and make a significant gain on anyone staying on track.

T7 this particular race wasmt as bad as many others Ive seen here, but much like t4 no penalty for running wide and its still faster then staying on track.

The chicane has been pretty bad and not good in this particular example.

Ive pretty much seen this from the vast majority in the practice server, if its accepted lines then IMHO its not good. There are no penalties here but I would hope people dont need to be given penalties to understand what is or isnt taking the piss regarding trying to stay on track.
    pogz, Cherno, krunch and 2 others like this.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good thing that's practice then!

During quali you're lap goes invalid for exceeding track limits and it's pretty accurate even a little harsh in some spots. That's a good guide for the race but I have found there is little or no time to be gained running so wide or blatantly cutting the chicane anyway. T1 crossing the solid line is the only real advantage point that's clearly not a 'whoops' I ran wide.

To be clear my current server PB was legit during a qual session.

Edit: point here is having clarified the limits I'm confident everyone will do the right thing to the best of their abilities during the official race and I doubt we'll be going back to scrutinize by the centimetre unless a particular occasion results in a clear lasting advantage.
    Cherno, krunch, Rolz and 3 others like this.
  11. Mael

Mael Professional

Pretty sure that wide T4 line is slower :( I know 'caus it is a line I often take involuntary.
    c4rLo5 and jlynn777 like this.
  12. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

I did a few laps with Koastr last night, was epic. We where pretty happy where we placed the car. Two wheels over track line is still in track in my opinion. Like K said, in qual the limits are pretty tight.
    KoAStR likes this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Some of the chicane cutting in Marty's vid is prety epic. Would hope to not see that in the race/quali
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Indeed but the in-game penalties will invalidate the lap in quali, and I can assure you it's not faster bouncing 4 wheels over the sausage through there anyway so shouldn't really need any policing.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Please welcome new sign-up and our rogue entry from last season Peter.Perigord aka @Neville who'll be joining team HTO.
    pogz, c4rLo5 and Cherno like this.
  16. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Welcome @Neville good to see you join up, and to the mighty Oilers, you lucky duck :cool::whistling:
  17. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Up the Oilers
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Looks like I wont be home in time for the race tonight, will look forward to results and catch you guys next round.
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Noooo! Sorry to hear Marty :(
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Nooo, think of the team points!