GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. finchy

finchy Rookie

Gday everybody
    I'm curious to know if anyone else is having a problem with the lack of pedal calibration in gts while using a conical brake mode.
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The lack of pedal calibration is bad. The throttle pedal, as with pretty much all racing games, has way too little play in it. The pedal is too short and you only need to press maybe 20-25% and you're redlining the car.
    Makes it almost impossible to use a high powered car without TCS.
    incey likes this.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    After meet and greet I'm really missing lobby voice chat. I wonder why the tech is limited to 8 for a party?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I totally agree with you... might have to c if we can get on the AC PC boys discord and hook up wireless headphones to the pc!! but it might be a bit tricky for some...

top gear teams night with 2 teams of 8 in their own party sounds like the best use for party chat though...
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Option. We download discord and use with PC or Laptop. Discord is great.
    You can also download discord on an iPhone and ppl can use there phone if they want to? Happy to try it out.
    Only issue will be how do we get PS4 sounds AND discord chat?
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    earphone in one ear, and head phones with game sounds over the top or from the tv
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    It's do-able with some headphones. 5 year old turtle beaches used to do the trick just fine.
    Having tried this previously it does work, however can leave you disoriented after only 15 minutes. Selby 400 was not kind to me lol
  8. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

you don't need to use the AC boys Discord setup either btw, you can created your own as they are free
  9. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Tried this last night for first time, after letting go of automatic finally - works really well, was going to experiment with reversing L1R1 or using X and Square for gears, but I think I'm good.

I remapped change view and rear view to X and square, have you changed anything else?
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I no longer use a controller and can’t remember how I had everything else mapped when I did.
  11. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Update Details (1.05)
    An update for the Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

Main Features Implemented
    - ABS controls have been adjusted to improve handling when braking while turning;
    - Traction Control management has been adjusted to improve handling when accelerating while turning;
    - The BoP (Balance of Performance) of the following cars have been adjusted:

Gr.3 Class
     ・Mercedes AMG GT3 (AMG-Team HTP-Motorsport) '16 [Power ratio: 94% > 95%]
     ・Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) '15 [Power ratio: 90% > 91%]
     ・Lamborghini Huracan GT3 '15 [Power ratio: 94% > 95%]
     ・Hyundai Genesis Gr.3 [Power ratio: 112% > 111%]

Gr.4 Class
     ・Nissan GT-R Gr.4 [Power ratio: 97% > 95%] [Weight Reduction Ratio: 110% > 111%]
     ・Volkswagen Scirocco Gr.4 [Power ratio: 100% > 97%]
     ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.4 [Power ratio: 97% > 98%]

- [BGM Playlist] has been added to [Options] > [Sound Settings]. When set to [Broadcast Mode], the BGM played during broadcasting will automatically change to a suited track (Race BGM will be turned off). This can be used to upload recorded videos on video-sharing service platforms;
    - The steering wheel controller's force feedback has been adjusted to strengthen the rise of torque near neutral position and suppress vibration on kerbstones.

Other improvements and adjustments
    - The handling when using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been improved;- While broadcasting a gameplay session, the BGM will automatically switch to a track suited for broadcasting (Race BGM will be turned off);
    - The number items displayed in the Mileage Exchange for Wheels and Special Colours has been increased to a maximum of 16 items;
    - When purchasing a wheel in the Mileage Exchange, a list of applicable vehicles will now be displayed;
    - The buttons assigned to the 'Update List' and 'Room Details' actions in the Room Selection screen of the Lobby have been swapped around;
    - An 'Online Server Status' and 'Maintenance and Error Information' areas will now be displayed on the Top Screen;
    - Various other issues have been addressed.
    CaptainRisky21 and leeboy910 like this.
  12. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Update has destroyed this game, haven't been on all week jump on for fun and my night has been full of glitches. Dissapointed this always seems to happen seems we can't have a decent game
  13. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Had my first Network error, during the first manufacturers cup race, within seconds of starting the race, after all that time in practice and qualifying.

I guess only counting the best 4 of 7 races counters this, pity it was on Suzuka, one of the few tracks I have previous experience with.
  14. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I noticed qualifying counted the worst of the handful of laps in Nations cup, and counted the best of the handful of laps in Manufacturers cup - am I correct in this, is it consistant for the week?

Also, is there a list of how many points for a given position somewhere? I got 89 points for 6th.

I do wonder whether there is a set number of green SP that offset an orange won...or if there is a rating system, eg you only need 3 greens to offset a wall bump orange, but you need 10 greens to offset rear ending a car...or if impact strength is the determining factor?

It seems to be taking lots of blue B's to get to SR A??
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Should be the best lap in both instances.

No, but points seem to be determined on Driver Rating. The higher it is, the more points on offer.

This is still unclear.

Consistency is key to improving your ratings. After a while your rating may “plateau”, which means it gets harder to improve your rating as you approach your personal limit of skill/sportsmanship.
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  17. Tristan Jones

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Thanks for the help Bryan

My Nations qualifyer last night did count the best lap, as you said - perhaps my first race had a bug, I think more likely ANY lap with a remaining penalty is counted??

That seems right - though a little funny getting 89 points for 6th and 9th? I guess in the race I got 9th the competition was a little higher?

YAY!! I got SR A last night after my Manufacturers cup at Brands Hatch in my GTR, after wondering if I will drop to C! I got a string of oranges in the first lap despite trying to stay clean, qualifying 6th and finishing 9th - the nsx in 5th was very rough. Is an interesting mix to see how your position in qualifying time doesn't always match race pace. I feel if I was more patient I would have passed the nsx, though after going off in the grass i was back to right behind 10th, and took a few laps just to cleanly pass 9th, ended up getting back up to 7th but <let> a couple pass who clearly had pace on me.

I noticed a few corners on my Nations cup race at Dragon Trail II, I could catch cars dramatically, the hairpin after the chicanes i made over a seond every lap, braking later and entering the first section of the corner on the inside, not the outside as the apex marker indicated - allowing me to hit the apex late and have a longer straight line at the end of the corner. I had 3 good corners like this, but the rest of the track people pulled away from me. Always learning...this game is awesome
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  18. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I think the quality of the field also comes into it, I finished 7th last night where everyone was a D/S and got 22 points.
    My DR is frustrating me, I move up a couple of stops in most races and it is hardly moving up and has gone down several times, there must be something I'm not understanding about it.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i dont get it either mate !

I only did 1 online race and spent 3 laps being used as a brake marker by some bloke who was hell bent on reshaping the front of his Ferrari !
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  20. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    If you concentrate on your SR to start with you tend to get less blokes like that and more that like clean racing.