Season Lucky No. 13!! That's No Pirate, It's A GTaaaRrrgh!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Nooo, think of the children!!
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Did @Neville get sorted for tonight? Did you want me to PM you the password man. Best to get discord working though.
  3. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I reckon he just wants to start the second race from the fron row!
  4. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Overall round results here: http://raceonoz.com/page.php?view=RaceResults#AC
    VERY close!

[​IMG]

Despite some bad luck for @jlynn777 and I in Race 2 which you can see from @Shaun_A stream replay it was a good round overall for TTB to take the lead for the teams championship. A tough round for HTO with no @Cherno this week (hope you are all good bud).

Clean sweep for @ed40t with pole, two race wins and FL well done mate well deserved and class act. :thumbsup:
    jlynn777 and ed40t like this.
  6. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

KoAStR, ed40t and jlynn777 like this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Defenitly not the result I was hoping for, got thrown a bit by the time as thought I had an hour to get in to a grove before quali but turns out because of daylight savings the action now starts an hour earlier then last season for me. Last two quali laps should have both been good for third but threw the time away on the last chicane and ended up in fifth. All went downhill from there with incidents putting me prety much last for both races and forcing me to try to race through the field, sorry for any nudges along the way. Here's hoping the next round goes better
    ed40t likes this.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Was wondering what happened to you Godzilla after your practice pace looked like you'd be in for a podium. Better luck next week.
    Godzilla likes this.
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yeah, was going for third but that went out the window after the first few corners sadly. A shame after so much running through the week. Will need to make sure I don't get caught up at work either as 6pm Perth time start is cutting it a bit close for comfort
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I know right in the same boat with time zone.
    For me it seems I was lacking the rum I had before last nights PB to put up a real challenge for Ed today. Maybe that could work for you too ;)
  11. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Loved the racing tonight especially the reverse grid. Do you run the risk of carrying some speed through an accident and making bulk places or take it cautiously? haha. Had great battles with Koastr, stiggy and Shaun. Shame you couldnt pull out the laps the other night K, would have been a different story I reckon.

Looking forward to next week.
    KoAStR likes this.
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Been sick all weekend so it's been a combination of cold and flu pills and Jameson, so maybe more Jameson next time...
    ed40t likes this.
  13. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

haha maybe less Jammy for next week Gorilla. :D
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

But that's how I set my fastest lap yesterday! There was none today and look how that turned out, haha
  15. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

I asked this in discord after the race, but tips for this car? I must admit I walked into this car completely new 1 hour before the race started, but I'm normally 1.5-2 seconds off pace to the top 3 drivers but this car just baffles me. I don't get the driving style on it?

Mid-Corner Under-steer: Tried dragging the brake & also just letting it coast but just seems to not want to continue turning after the initial weight transfer. Ed mentioned using the throttle to help the car turn in, I assume he's referring to power-on over-steer to help the back wheels slip out a bit?

Trail Braking in this car just seems to make it want to drift around corners, are others just braking in a straight line and coasting in?

Reaction of the car to wheel input also seems very sluggish. In VR you can visually see the weight transfer of the car and the actual turn-in seems to occur 0.3 seconds later. Are people running higher tire pressures & stiffer suspension then default, or possibly just running much tighter ARB on both front/back?

My only issue with modifying these values is the car already has very low mechanical grip and tightening these values will only reduce grip further.

Corner Exit: Atleast on Donington, I was sticking to 3rd gear on corner exit for most corners which gave me an RPM between 4k-5K. Tried going down to 2nd gear which sat me around 6-6.5K but found I was up-shifting gear mid-corner exit and 3rd seemed to be where to sit to avoid this problem.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  16. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Top racing last night, congrats to Ed for the clean sweep... u were in the zone here for sure! :alien:
    Thanks for and epic battle in R1 Shaun, I lost focus and left the door too far open for you to come through and get me... need more race practice to be able to drive fast and also defend properly... Had my highest attack rating in Minorating stats (54%) so it mush have been close :)
    R2 was a struggle, got bumps off the track at the oldhairpin and so pushing for a reasonable position was always going to be tough... though when the field spread out it was good fun to try to get past people... was a very tough track to pass on (for me anyway) Guess there was a points difference in R2 so my evening end result was pleasantly surprising.
    @AaronSutton check our team conversation for setup and replay discussions. :thumbsup:
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Brake early. Ease off early to turn in then throttle through the apex. Car rotates much better on throttle.

No adjustment for springs or ARB in this car. Just camber, toe, rear wing. There's a set for in the Turtle Beach team chat you can try might help a bit. Will post a new on this week too.
  18. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

I'm unable to get this version of Eastern Creek to work (just freezes when car appears). Also, its not the version we have run previously. I believe we ran the rainmaker version which I can no longer find on RD:(.

Can anyone get the new one to work, or, find a link to the old version?

cheers
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I vote replace with Bathurst if Eastern Creek is too hard :)
  20. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I'll see if I can get the copy of Eastern Creek they were running at the WTAC