Thrustmaster TH8A shifter problems

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by PaulCox, Nov 3, 2017.

1. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    HEy all, quick question, anyone else have the problem that the shifter doesnt work when plugged into the t300 wheel base but is fine when plugged into the ps4 via usb..this sux because i only have 2 usb ports and cant use a headset.
  2. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Just for info @PaulCox - it is possibly a good idea to get a usb hub with 5 or 6 outlets and one that has to be plugged into a power point - that, is it is independently powered. When u plug the usb hub into the playstation, the playstation does not have to provide the power to whatever else is also plugged into the hub. The reason I suggest this is that I had a bad experience having too much stuff plugged into the ps3 usb ports. What happens is the more stuff you have plugged into the standard ports the more power the plastation has to provide to peripheral accessories. That produces heat and mine had a meltdown with the resultant red light of death. by having the hub powered externally the overheating is avoided. Hope that makes sense.
    PaulCox likes this.
  3. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    cheers for the help mate....do i have this right. i can buy an external usb hub that will be powered by a wall outlet? and that somehow connects to my playstation allowing me to be able to run more usb devices ? That sounds awesome and solves my problem..does this need to be ps4 brand or something from jcar should surfice
  4. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    @PaulCox
    jcar Is a good place to get a hub as cyber said it has to have its own power.
    any brand will do. Tell them what its for and they will set u up.
    PaulCox likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have a logitech one.

So the hub takes up one port on the PS and has a power adapter to plug into the wall outlet. I can then plug in multiple devices to the hub to use or charge them
    PaulCox likes this.
  6. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    The shifter issue is a known bug that PD will fix one day, it should only be in H pattern mode so I went to sequential.
    I also bought a powered hub since my wheel doesn't like extensions, it works well most of the time but occasionally it decides to enter the options menu which can be interesting.
  7. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    That sounds more like an issue with the rim itself as many people have had that before. Try taking it off the base and tightening the screws on the front and back of the rim.
  8. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Thanks Sam, I'll try it.