Season Lucky No. 13!! That's No Pirate, It's A GTaaaRrrgh!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK, leave it with me. If @Rolz can find something, great, if not we'll just move on to another track.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just tested the new link version and it loaded without issues in hotlap mode and I also put it up on a server and was able to get in. I didnt drive but in both cases it loaded fine for me with a server up with it still. Maybe you need to remove the old track to make this one work and possibly update the server content as I was getting checksum errors on your Eastern Creek server last week when I tried it.

From what I could see loading the car it didnt look great visually in pit lane, but I will try run some laps later and then maybe try find a link to the older versions which I remember were fairly good to drive and looked ok.
  3. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    c4rLo5 and Anon666 like this.
  4. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Donington proved to be a pretty good round for me. In practice I found that I was consistently in the 1:20's, although I just couldn't crack a 19. I was hoping consistency would get me decent results in the races, because it sure wasn't going to count for much in qualy.

Qualifying: I was hoping to at least match my PB (which would have put me about 8th). However it didn't quite come together and I ended up over 3 tenths off putting me 12th.

R1: Believe me I'm very experienced at lining up on the grid mid pack. But experience doesn't count for much when this car makes the first few corners feel more like a roulette wheel than a race track. But I was lucky. After a good getaway I moved to the outside for T1-T2 and was fortunate to miss the early incidents as the angry pack wobbled and drifted down to the Old Hairpin. In fact by the end of the first lap I'd moved up to 7th simply by missing cars that randomly fired off into the greenery. I wonder if that's what running through a minefield feels like... naked (I've said too much).

From then on I didn't have the pace to challenge those ahead and I seemed not to have any threats from behind. I almost got into striking distance of Mael but ran out of laps. 7th is where I finished and I was happy with that. Ya see? Consistency!

R2: Have I mentioned that I'm very experienced at lining up on the grid mid pack? Well that's where I was again due to the reverse grid for race 2. Only now I was on the inside. Having seen what had happened in race 1 I felt some trepidation at being potentially hemmed in. But once again I was lucky. It was another good getaway but with nowhere to go I had to back off and keep it clean. Once again there was an incident ahead going down the hill toward the Old Hairpin and as cars went every which way I somehow managed to slip through unharmed.

Now things started to heat up and it was a much more action packed race for me. Shaun had also slipped through the carnage and was right on my bumper. In front I had cars battling for position so naturally i joined the party. I made a few bold overtakes to move ahead but Shaun just follwed me through. I couldn't shake him. Then there was Ed who had by now glued himself to Shaun's wagging tail. No doubt I was holding up Shaun which is probably why Ed managed to get past him at the chicane. I briefly had a gap back to them and managed to pass Aaron for 2nd but it didn't last long. I soon had both of them breathing down my neck. On lap 7 Ed finally got his nose up the inside at T1 and after going side by side down the hill I went wide at Old Hairpin. I kept the boot in but I was off the track so I conceded the position and they both went on to greater heights.

I was hoping to hold that position till the end but QC and Koaster were getting bigger in my mirror. They just had better pace. A few laps later they both got me at the chicane - being teammates I didn't want to risk "doing a Gamesmen" ;). I was now in 6th and up ahead I saw Koaster get past QC. A couple of laps later QC had a moment and handed me 5th place, but he recovered to keep 6th. That meant a TTB 4-5-6 formation finish - like a big streak of green snot just behind the podium!

And on that bombshell it's goodnight!
    Bogor, Cherno, Anon666 and 5 others like this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Where's the dislike button!? :)
    Next round we will be at full pace and full points
  6. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Sorry I missed the last race guys barely got everything set up at the new place in time but was just too wrecked after moving over the weekend so gave it a miss. will be on tonight soon for some prac and back for the monday race.

congrats to the guys on the podium and sorry to my oilers ill try make up for it this round.
  7. pogz

pogz New Recruit

Hey guys, unfortunately I'm going to be out for the next 2-3 races. Hopefully back soon, good luck to everyone!
    marty and jlynn777 like this.
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks for letting us know man.

Just a quick note, there are some big run off areas at Algarve, please respect them. Abusing track limits can result in penalties, and public shaming, and bribing me with rum, and listening to me sing Abba songs!!??
    jlynn777, marty and Rolz like this.
  9. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

truly a fate worse than death... :roflmao:
    Anon666 and jlynn777 like this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I suspect you dont mind a public shaming, rum or Abba songs so your going to do whatever it takes for you to get such punishment. :sneaky:
    Anon666 and jlynn777 like this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Actually I could have rephrased that, anyone that considers singing Abba songs must like rum, they then are cool with public shaming and will just accept any penalties this brings on to them. They deal with this by drinking more rum, this leads to singing more Abba songs and they end up stuck in a vicious circle that's impossible to get out of.

So @Anon666 for your own mental health and well being please try and stick to the track limits. :roflmao:
    Anon666 and KoAStR like this.
  12. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

13. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here was my issue this round. @ed40t came to say hi then gave me a big F U and kept on going. :cry::D

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Cherno, krunch, KoAStR and 1 other person like this.
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That looks a bit cozy
  16. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

I have no idea what happened there Marty and if it did come from me then I apoligise, was shaping up to be one of those races.
    For me, was happy with Qualify and Start but made a mistake of not doing any long runs and decided not to change tyres. Koastr got me in pits and I couldn't stay with him and Shaun A caught me and we a had a bit of a bump (my fault) but was lucky it didn't effect his race. In the end pretty happy with third. Love this league everyone drives so well. Cheers.

Ps. Marty, your narrow line there will cost you top speed :p
    Cherno, marty and KoAStR like this.
  17. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bad luck @marty sorry to see. Fun race chasing @ed40t couldn't close until just before the pit. Was tempting to stay out longer and harass you but a cool head prevailed and sticking to strat paid off for the undercut. Then just buried my head down for a few laps to keep the gap. WD @ed40t and @Shaun_A looks like you guys were having fun. Kudos to @Cherno rounding out top 5 and everyone for another successful round. TGM back on the charge this week in the teams champ. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    Cherno and jlynn777 like this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Unless you have a push to warp button I dont think there is much you could do about it.

My qualy was pretty horrible as I didnt get in decent lap found tyres a bit under pressure which I changed for the race. Race start was ok maintaining position and surviving a little tap in the rear early on, from there just tried to keep it clean and see if Koastr would give me a look but until the warp I didn't have a chance for a move yet. Being a longish race I wasn't in a real hurry then I spun from nothing.

This lost me 15-20 seconds got damage and stuck in traffic so pretty much pushing chit uphill from that point. I saw Shaun was too far ahead early but thought maybe I could get to 4th if lucky. I made a few passes which weren't all that easy except for the one on @Rolz as I heard his gearbox go kaput.

I didnt really know where I was position wise but once I had some clear track I decided to stay out a bit and get in some better laps not in traffic. After my stop I came out 4th but just ahead of @Cherno and outlap vs him on warm tyres was never going to be much of a fight. I didnt want to make it easy for him but I dont know if he even noticed me as he made his pass.

After that I lost maybe a second or so on the outlap and slowly started to peg it back, after battling for a few laps I got past and then tried to go for a fastest lap. Cooked my fronts and made a proper mess of every lap at t1 so that was another fail but 4th in the end wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Would have enjoyed the battle up front but sadly not to be and my season is mostly done after missing a round and not the result I had hoped for here. Will have some fun in the next few races and maybe at some point my luck will turn around.
    Cherno likes this.
  19. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Pulled the pin after motor blew and had to sit in pits for 300 seconds... gotta look at getting that shifter fixed once and for all.
    See what Fanatec come back with for cleaning hints and tips.
    Anon666 likes this.
  20. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I was pretty happy with qualifying, wasn't around my PB but was stoked to be less than a second off pole for once.
    Then I went about slowly screwing myself and the race of others :oops:
    Lost out through the first few corners getting stuck hanging out on the outside. So to try stop the bleeding I tried to make sure I kept Stiggy behind for the tight left - everyone seemed to brake early so I sensed an opportunity to take Doublevision but ended up giving Godzilla a big whack (sorry mate) which cost me quite a bit.
    Now with Anon in front I locked my Rooz bar on to him and gave him a tap when he was going slower than I expected on the tight uphill right hander. He went off pretty bad so lost a heap of time and places redressing that one (again, sorry bud).
    Decided to pit on lap 13 but maybe I was using less fuel than in practice because the 9 laps of fuel I thought I was getting ended up being 5 laps extra at the end of the race. I think I may of lost around 10 seconds thanks to the extra fuel at the pitstop so that put me back once again.
    Had some really fun battles with some guys, particularly Anon. Wish I didn't take so long in the pit because I think we could of had a nice battle to the finish as I noticed your times were getting hotter.

ed40t, Anon666, KoAStR and 1 other person like this.