PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Yeah I did see him pulled up there. Family might have been playing up
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thought you said this morning fezza was in the fight with you guys ?
  3. Anthonyb

I got my F's mixed up it was Freddy. I'll go back to licking the window.:p
    George likes this.
  4. Anthonyb

SO how much fun was that last night

Was pleasantly surprised to qualify in 3rd (not a fan of this track) but again you could throw a blanket over 2nd to 5th for the second week in a row hope this keeps up. @Ant_427 got a good start as did @t_b_williams Ant was a little hot into turn 1 and I thought I might get lucky here but he made good of it and t_b_ lead us away.
    I settled into third and tried to stick in behind Ant but he drove away slightly getting about a 3 second gap I had @freddyp_33 giving me a hard time until a small mistake from him giving me a 7 sec breather.
    Tb made a small mistake which gave Ant a sniff but there little battle let me catch back up Tb drove away from us and Freddy caught back up.
    I felt Ant was struggling for grip and I seemed to have heaps so into turn 3 I thought I know I will brake really late and trail brake a little and get a run into 100R but WRONG back stepped out couldn't catch it there goes third #$%!&^. So off I go in 4th to start pressuring Freddy He was all over Ant this battle went on four about 4 laps great fun gents nice and clean (except for the little tap I gave Freddy in t13) sorry mate.
    Congrats to Tb on the win and Ant and Freddy on rounding out the podium. On to Nurgburgring next week another track I struggle on.
    Thanks again everyone see you on track
    Ant
    George, Ant_427 and SuiCid3 like this.
  5. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Yep that was great fun. TB was too quick and for the second week in a row I had a great scrap with antb then at the end of the race antl. Didn't have the pace to get past, just had to wait for a mistake and do a Bradbury to get on the podium. Good clean racing Div 3!
    Ant_427 and Anthonyb like this.
  6. Anthonyb

The points table will be busy at the top I think after 2 rounds.
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    2 + 2 is 4. Minus 1 that's 3. Quick mafs.

Div2 is looking pretty tight as well. :thumbsup:
    Anthonyb likes this.
  8. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    [​IMG]
    George likes this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Provisional new driver lads.... @Hoppy .... may have to slot him up into div 2 if he gets too much faster but at this stage was on pace with @Anthonyb

If everyone can add him, his PSN is benny11169

Will confirm by friday

@fezza did you get my PM ? May slot you back into Div 4 for the remaining rounds.....
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  10. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Just a question ! How does it work when you start a division and then get moved , how do the points work ?

Just curious that's all.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Its a bit case by case...... goal is to keep people motivated to race.

In the past drivers have agreed to forfeit points to swap, sometimes we have gone off overall race times....Most of the time its after round 1 and they used as drop round
    George likes this.
  12. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    ok ...... thank you .
  13. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Yeah sorry guys had a visitor come in unexpectedly but by the time I came back PS4 had gone into standby mode.
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  14. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING FOR ROUND 3
    [​IMG]
    R3. NURBURGRING GP
    - 23 LAPS - 21/8/17
    Qualifying @ 1pm - (1 weather slot Medium Cloud)
    Race Start @ 2pm - Med cloud / light cloud / clear / Heavy cloud
    - Time progression : REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

[​IMG]
    Was some great racing last week, mixed in with a few issues, here is hoping for a clean and enjoyable round 3.... We have new members @Hoppy and hopefully @Les 317 joining the div 3 and 4 rooms.... I also have a couple of other guys sniffing around looking to join as well... Thanks to @dj2ca for keeping on top of the ladders....big job and he does it well..... @fezza has said he is keen to stay in this div. Thanks..

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1 : GOAL FOR THIS WEEK ..... MAKE IT THROUGH LAP 1 WITH NO-ONE SPINNING OR MAKING CONTACT ! Give an extra bit of room, and wait till the grid shakes out. Give up a spot if you need to, don't defend like it's the last corner of the last lap ... ;)

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where running wide does give an advantage.... Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty.
    - Turn 2 and the entry to Turn 3 (mercedes arena)
    - The exit of Turn 4, is a big advantage by running wide....
    - The Exit of Turn 11 (Kumho Kurve)
    - Turns 15 and 16 (final chicane)
    All are pretty self explanatory, however the last chicane will be looked at closely post race...Its very easy to straight line it and gain bulk time.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    - Turn 1
    - Turn 3
    - Turn 8
    - The chicane
    These are all points i have noticed its easy to run up the backside of someone..be wary if you are in a train of 3 or 4 cars and brake little earlier....Its easy here to make up time using the draft. As i said above, the goal this week is NO CONTACT ON THE FIRST LAP ! If all divisions get through cleanly there will be a case of beer to all drivers courtesy of @dj2ca !

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    There has been a few instances where lapped cars are not giving clear passage to the race leaders. Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are running with. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved ! I believe some people havent been able to save, this may mean you need to clear out some space from your replay library...

Good luck Sunday night
    Stu
    [​IMG]
    t_b_williams, Ant_427, George and 2 others like this.
  16. Anthonyb

Thanks @dj2ca
  17. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
  18. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Gday all, just confirming if rooms are opening at 7:50pm edst, that it will be 6:50pm in queensland? Good luck 2 all divs for tonights races. Race ya later
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. Anthonyb

Usually there is a practice room open from about 7.30 Sydney time
  20. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Cheers anthony, pretty sure that will be 6:30pm in queensland. Have a good race
    Anthonyb likes this.