GT Sport Season 1 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    no no no thats my domain
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ROUND 2
    : (12/11/17) ALSACE - 23 LAPS - 1715 Fine
    Car : Porsche 911 RSR 2017 (509hp 1243Kg)
    Tuning: Allowed
    Wear : x1
    Tyre Regs : RH
    Fuel Depletion : x1
    Initial Fuel : Default
    Qualifying regs : Open

Ok Guys, first off well done last week....was some great racing across all 4 divs, which is what its all about !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

TURN 1 LAP 1 : A new track, a new turn 1. Just use your heads and don't divebomb.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    If you see someone continually running wide to gain an advantage please PM your room captain....

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : No
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Please be aware of the pit lines and try not to cut them. If you do, and it impedes another driver, you may be penalised.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room
    [​IMG]
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Will be touch and go for making it tomorrow night. Won't get home until 7:30 and thats best case scenario. Don't wait up for me
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, it's time for a refresher on Mic Etiquette........ We have a lot of new members and we want to do the right thing !

A reminder for EVERYONE that if you are in a ROOZ room your 'chat' in that room is a direct reflection of ROOZ.

- Abuse of any kind is not acceptable.
    - in a private chat, members should be mindful of who is in that chat and be aware of appropriate language
    - THE IN GAME CHAT GOES THROUGH PEOPLE'S TVS, SO ANYTHING SAID CAN BE HEARD BY EVERYONE WITHIN EARSHOT OF THEIR TV....

Please have a quick read in the link below, we don't want anyone overstepping the mark.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/important-mic-ettequite-please-read.432/

Stu
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Crap track, crap servers, crap driving, crap kerbs, crap late start and crap getting stuck on the grid to top it all off.

I’m not blowing my own horn or anything but how F1 gets snubbed for this garbage is beyond me.

Oh is it too much to ask for a working racing game?
  6. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    But PCARS2 is a sim
    Zachery and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I think the saying goes something like “the more things change the more they stay the same”

Was a :):):):)fight in div 1 pcars as well.
    JonoStan96 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  8. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Despite not knowing the track very well and picking up a random tune and doing a few laps this arvo , I was surprised to see how I came to grip early with the track. I understand why it’s disliked though.
    Qually: Gradually got quicker in the stable setup, a few tenths off Beau wasn’t too bad I felt and a front tow start is a complete opposite to last week.
    Race: Great jump to take lead, unfortunately lost 2 positions trying to hold onto it. Then it was about just not making too many mistake and lining up Stigs for an undercut. Not knowing fuel and Tyre numbers, i winged it and accidently changed tyres so I came out 4 seconds behind stigs from the half second gap it was pre stopping. Spent the rest of the race closing that gap and hoping that beau would run out of fuel up the road. Great fuel management prevented the win and after chasing for 10 laps it came down to the last complex with stigs for the podium places. A slight over correction from him put me in the wall but no hard feelings after all that great battling that came before it. Moving on to the next few rounds, we should hopefully see some tight racing again.
  9. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Jumped on before 7 to work out why everyone hates Alsace having not really driven it, made some tweaks to the tune hoping they did something and it wasn't just my driving improving and I'd actually made the car better. Thought it'd be mid-pack but I guess you guys REALLY hate this place because I was very surprised to be well clear of 4th and just behind SS to line up 3rd on the grid. Was only a tenth off my testing PB but I suspected I might have found something so was a bit disappointed to be a full 2 tenths off SS.
    Opposite of last week - ripping start to sit 3 wide on the entry to 1, figured this was a terrible place to be and tried to set it up for a clean exit but no dice there, thought about sitting back to see if Beau and SS would destabilise one another to nick a place and got enough of such a thing to end up nicking 2nd of SS, but he was just too quick reliably taking 2 tenths in a couple key places and he was over me like a rash. Based on how apparently Beau was saving fuel while just staying out of reach had me pretty convinced a win was out of the question, pulled a PB of 52.6 to get a little closer but his immediate response told me I was wishing a bit too hard. A mistake from SS gifted me a second of breathing room and with that little relief in pressure it felt like I might just sneak away with 2nd place that I probably wasn't quick enough for on raw pace.
    SS with the undercut came out what I felt like was too close behind to have taken tyres, responded the next lap to also not take tyres assuming this was the strategy to play and left 4 seconds ahead feeling very concerned that I hadn't taken tyres and this was going to matter in 10 laps time. Also kinda winged the fuel and probably took too much as my brain started to over-heat and errors crept in, gave away about 8 tenths on that outlap which in the end was probably the difference between holding out and not.
    It was a hard slog running time attack lap after lap trying to stay ahead without making a goof, but with 5 to go SS had got to about 1 second away and it looked done, but a couple errors I was given another life, I just had to stay out of slipstream distance, but 8 tenths became 6 in one of those key areas and SS was in and it was going to the last complex, SS made huge ground in the downhill braking zone to be within touching distance, I was too busy looking backwards trying to make sure I stayed ahead and made 1 last error in the last left hander and just about chucked it to the scenery and we tangled. Must apologise to him again as he had me beaten right there out of the last turn on the last lap having run a brilliant pursuit.
    The heat, pressure and effort that went into that race made it genuinely one of the toughest yet most enjoyable challenges I've had here, and as much as I'm very disappointed to see me make fatigue and heat related errors I'm very impressed that we raced so incredibly hard to actually make that happen at all.
  10. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Provisional Round 2 Results (pending protests)
    Pole: @KeedenMcdonald
    Qualy
    [​IMG]

Race
    [​IMG]
    7th - @Randm90 - DNF (Lap 6)
    8th - @GOWIE22 - DNF (Lap 3)
    9th - @JonoStan96 - DNF (grid glitch)
    10th - @Magic Mass - DNF (grid glitch)
    11th - @Dazza83 - DNS

FLs
    P1-P6
    [​IMG]
    Randm90
    [​IMG]
    Gowie22
    [​IMG]
    N64TheStig007 - No Time
    Minardi_berger1 - No Time

• Plenty of sight issues in the rooms tonight..
    • Qualy was delayed by half an hour trying to make the first room work.
    • Apparently some people couldn't even see everyone in the lobby, let alone on track.
    • New room appeared ok as we finally got qualy under way, everyone seemed to have everyone else in the lobby on track (correct me if not).
    • Race start had 2 stuck on the grid, there was no restart because nobody requested it and I was unaware of it.
    • I did not notice and was not made aware of any lag issues.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    warrior2167 and ssman244 like this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I didn’t request due to how much it was delayed and honestly I’m happy that god awful track is done with, definitely a drop round.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Is Minardi Berger magic mass?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    yep
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  15. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I must say I feel very lucky I won last night after my huge mistake on fuel saving, thought I had enough till lap 20 I noticed I was too low and had to lean (6) fuel for last 2 laps and lift off early too try save as much fuel as possible, made it through with nothing left in the tank lol
    Well done @StigsTC, you almost had me at the end very close
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    StigsTC and warrior2167 like this.
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I wondered if you were making the numbers while we were pushing you along, it was clear you were saving fuel but couldn't be sure how much. When you dropped that 51.9 it felt like the answer was a definite yes, was very surprised to see you coming back to us in the last 2 laps. Based on his pace @ssman244 probably could have got there if he'd not been stuck behind me for most of the race!

Going to need some extra circumstances such as fuel saving to play in to have a hope of getting near you by race's end, just can't push as hard as you can to give you a fight like S13. Too good again and I don't think that will change any time soon.
    ssman244 and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    emmo46 and Ad2mny like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING FOR ROUND 3
    [​IMG]
    R3.
    Kyoto Yamagiwa Reverse - 13 x2 laps - 1900 Sunny - 19/11 (Sprint Round)
    Tuning: Allowed
    Wear : x1
    Tyre Regs : RH
    Fuel Depletion : x1
    Initial Fuel : Default
    Qualifying regs : Open
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

[​IMG]

Was some great racing last week, mixed in with a few issues, here is hoping for a clean and enjoyable round 3.... Thanks to @emmo46 for keeping on top of the ladders....big job and he does it well.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : GOAL FOR THIS WEEK ..... MAKE IT THROUGH LAP 1 WITH NO-ONE SPINNING OR MAKING CONTACT ! Give an extra bit of room, and wait till the grid shakes out. Give up a spot if you need to, don't defend like it's the last corner of the last lap ... ;)

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where running wide does give an advantage.... Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT
    : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room....

Good luck Sunday night
    Hat
    [​IMG]
    ssman244 and Viperzed like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't see ssman on the results sheets, I can only assume he is Fleck, Am I right??