Season Lucky No. 13!! That's No Pirate, It's A GTaaaRrrgh!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Can't say I had any lag issues with anyone. As for the pit crew, prety sure I ran them all down in my pit stop as I came in on an angle and overshot it, and those I missed would have been taken care off when I had to reverse back not sure how there was anyone left to refuel me and change tyres...
    jlynn777, KoAStR and ed40t like this.
  2. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

And yes I had a bit of an issue with bbhrt too. I thought it was from my end but I guess not.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

bbhrt did have a pretty high ping (250+) before race and I saw him warp too, something to investigate mate? My wife now uses mobile data to watch videos on social media on race night... no netflix... I obviously pay for it all week for that small luxury of one night where I'm in charge of the ADSL link :p

Q1 - was very very tough! couldn't get a clean run due to how field was spread... there was at least 2 occasions I was on a PB but got denied by a slower driver (no fault here anyone, just the nature of qual:)) thankfully on the last lap again I got a good enough run to get 5th and pip Godzilla by 0.001 :D
    R1 - clean close racing, had a great battle with Godzilla for the first half of the race but then a small mistake and worn tires dropped me back enough so I couldn't put pressure on him any more, pitted at the end of lap 16 as my tires were shot and I was over a sec slower. Came out 10-11th or so, had Mael come out in front of me at the pits after being 3secs behind me, thankfully I had done 2 laps and my tires were warm and Mael was still getting grip on them so was able to pass... Was shocked about how much time Godzilla dropped... I was waiting to see where we would battle again.... then started to get a nice bit of air and put in some nice solid laps... was tripping out about how quick I was catching Ed and thought he must have forgotten to change tires... he blocked well and though a clever team move let Mael get past before me... I had a chuckle as I was thinking for sure that had to be a team move... glad it was and not me being inept at passing :p After that Mael drove like a star... defended like a pro and I ended up with a very happy 5th. Glad to have the shift woes behind me. :D
    krunch, marty, jlynn777 and 1 other person like this.
  4. bbhrt

bbhrt New Recruit

Hi guys, i'm sorry i didnt realise it was my end that was lagging - if i caused a problem with anyones race im happy for any points i got to be be reallocated.
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Awesome close racing at the start thought Rolz had a run on me out of the last corner but then heard the missed shift and managed to pull away a bit, bad luck there :)
    Unfourtunatly got it all sorts of wrong trying to stop in my pit box, there was a car in the one right before mine and for some reason I thought I wouldn't go through him so ended up coming in sideways and not stopping in time, had to reverse and pulled the shifter of the desk for good measure. Must have cost at least 4-5 seconds, a shame as was really looking forward to getting back in the battles.
    Rolz likes this.
  6. Mael

Mael Professional

That was some move by :alien: @ed40t , perfectly executed. For me Ed was the driver of the day, most of us would have crashed trying to over-drive on street tires but he bought it home in a solid top ten position. Well done mate :thumbsup:
    jlynn777, KoAStR, ed40t and 1 other person like this.
  7. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

its ok mate we aren't fighting for sheep stations here!
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is a little video of the opening laps from @KoAStR POV, shows me going wide onto the back straight which was always going to be likely there lap 1 heavy with cold tyres but luckily I just got away with it as my exit speed wasnt too bad.

I was making the video last night but got a bit distracted when the Police special operations unit with a hummer 30+ cops with assault rifles drawn, dragged the next door neighbour out after he supposedly did an armed robbery earlier in the day. :eek: Not the brightest chap as on the news they say he got away on foot and we are only about 200m away from the place he robbed lol.
    krunch, Anon666, jlynn777 and 3 others like this.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    All good man. Thanks for the racing at the back end Tez, soz for the gentle love taps.
    tezpez85 and bbhrt like this.
  10. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

My 24 lap race went well - I crossed the line in 8th having qualified 13th. The fact that it was a 31 lap race was apparently of no consequence to my computer which decided to crash the game, then shortly afterwards crash itself... sigh.

After a qualifying session that didn't quite work out I gridded up in 13th. My start was good but I soon realised that bbhrt ahead of me was doing his lag 'dancing' thing. I decided to hang back a bit to avoid the Tango Tangle (and so the chicks could see his moves) but a lap or so later I gathered my courage and managed to dive-bomb him into the downhill right-hander before the back straight. There was a small bump between us as I went through but I wasn't sure if that was due to the lag (sorry mate - hope it wasn't a bad hit at your end).

I found myself in 8th after my pitstop but I noticed Stiggy was slowly gaining on me. He finally managed to get alongside me out of T2 and we had a great side by side battle through a few corners. We might have battled on for who knows how long but alas the game crashed and that was that. I did have 24 laps of fun though :).

Congrats Marty, Koaster and Cherno.

BTW can someone post a replay file by any chance?
    Anon666, jlynn777 and KoAStR like this.
  11. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Rubbing is racing man, no worries at all! You redressed with the nudge anyways. You had me sweating right up til the final lap :)
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

krunch likes this.
  13. krunch

14. krunch

Having now watched the replay I need to apologise to you Anon (and others)! On lap 1 coming out of T2 I moved over on you and there was contact causing you to hit the wall, then hit other cars and spin. I was paying a bit too much attention to bbhrt due to his lag but that's no excuse for being careless. Really sorry to you and the other's I affected. Please apply a penalty as I'm not happy that I did that.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For Sebring I think its a good idea for people to get in some race practice. There are some odd wide corners with varied lines and its easy to run into people especially t1 and the last turn. T1 lap 1 especially in the reverse grid will be interesting and the run to the next few corners cars maybe be 3 or 4 wide pinching into tight corners. Had some fun races last night a few early ones were messy, checking some replays I could have left some more room at times and a few others not much else I could have done. With the varied lines and tricky track doing a couple short practice races will give people some idea of the ley places to watch out for.
    jlynn777 and Anon666 like this.
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    All good man. No protest so no penalties. I'll chalk it up as karma tbh...
    krunch likes this.
  17. krunch

OK thanks mate
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

because the first corner is so fast I've so far found that once you vomit to a line and speed you are prety much locked in to that on cold tires. If someone in front is going in slower it's going to cause problems. First la is very brutal on this track so a good amount of practice is highly recommended
  19. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

How much Jameson are you drinking?
    Cherno, marty and krunch like this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The cars behind need to deal with cars ahead in traffic, it may mean they need to slow more to avoiding running into people.

General rule I think is you cant drive through the car ahead so you either need to go around or slow down if there is nowhere else to go. Early on its most likely everyone will be slower then they want to be in the pack, they just need to deal with this. If people overcomit leaving no margin and hitting cars ahead its entirely their fault not the car that may be going slower ahead. ;)
    jlynn777 and Rolz like this.