GT Sport Season 1 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if you are in a party chat, it is kind of accepted you want to hear people talking. Unless it is an official party chat for the room but with 16 drivers that isn't normally how things are run (in gt sport)
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    With what was mentioned in party chat post race 'someone still had their mic open during the race', indicates that there seems to be a guideline surrounding what is the preferred status of each players mic during a race.
    I'm not trying to make a mountain out of something as trival as this, but considering that we have extensive documents surrounding etiquette I am just trying to clarify a point. Thank you for your understanding.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah no worries. IMO if I were in a party pre-race, I would leave it during to avoid anyone's mic being left on (and I was in a party pre-race and did leave it lol) just the way I do things I guess
  4. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It's that action or hidden expectation that I'm just trying to discover and help other new members out so that they don't have the same experience.
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I've checked with pat and we are now on the same level. All good on the front. Cheers for the understanding and time.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Who's up for some practice tonight?
    Didn't get a chance to put in some laps last night, so keen to make up for it later.
    Ozglenn likes this.
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I should be on tonight. Was busy watching star trek last night.
    TheMugsy likes this.
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It's not an ironing night is it? :)
    TheMugsy and CAB77 like this.
  10. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I should be on about nine I have to work back we just had a bit of practice Sunday night after the race ....
    See ya then
  11. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I'll be on for a little early on.
  12. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Touché mate
    Matthyus likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING FOR ROUND 3
    [​IMG]
    R3.
    Kyoto Yamagiwa Reverse - 13 x2 laps - 1900 Sunny - 19/11 (Sprint Round)
    Tuning: Allowed
    Wear : x1
    Tyre Regs : RH
    Fuel Depletion : x1
    Initial Fuel : Default
    Qualifying regs : Open
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

[​IMG]

Was some great racing last week, mixed in with a few issues, here is hoping for a clean and enjoyable round 3.... Thanks to @emmo46 for keeping on top of the ladders....big job and he does it well.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : GOAL FOR THIS WEEK ..... MAKE IT THROUGH LAP 1 WITH NO-ONE SPINNING OR MAKING CONTACT ! Give an extra bit of room, and wait till the grid shakes out. Give up a spot if you need to, don't defend like it's the last corner of the last lap ... ;)

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where running wide does give an advantage.... Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT
    : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room....

Good luck Sunday night
    Hat
    [​IMG]
    AroGantz and TheMugsy like this.
  14. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Has anyone got time in practising Kyoto II? I got 1:38.5 after mondays efforts and 1:37.6 something after last night - though adding up my best sectors i have 1:36.7x.

My q time last race put me near bottom of pack, how much time am I chasing this race I wonder?

A google/ youtube search for Kyoto II etc doesn't seem to yield many laps to learn from (some are examples of horrible racing!), how do I find the top racers videos?
  15. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    First practice I've had on this track last night had my average times towards the end around low 1:37s with a best in the 1:36s somewhere.
    I feel there's quite a bit more time still to gain, and it's early days so hoping to bring it down some over the next few nights to average closer to mid 1:36s.
    Don't really care much for one off fastest laps, rather consistently fast average for good race pace.
  16. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I might not be on tonight we have no power
  17. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Did you try to use @TheMugsy’s iron that he just threw out?
  18. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I've been away for two days so tonight is first practice, I'll be putting the @CAB77's advice into play.
    Tristan Jones and CAB77 like this.
  19. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    This post is gold
    Tristan Jones and Ozglenn like this.
  20. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    When I settle into a groove and not pushing hard, I can get high 1:38 all day, and can get low 1:38 when things start to go nicely. Trying to be more consistant rather than pushing hard has seen me not get better than high 1:37 in my last couple of practise sessions.

The chicane and the last long bend really nail me for consistancy, easy to lose the best part of a whole second on each of thoses corners if you include time lost on the straight after it - so I feel the need to push, and come unstuck there more often.

I guess I should start practising with racers, not just time trial ghost...otherwise it will all be different come sunday...