GT Sport Season 1 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Time to stop running the richards replica and make my own for the rest of season 1
    [​IMG]
  3. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING FOR ROUND 3
    [​IMG]
    R3.
    Kyoto Yamagiwa Reverse - 13 x2 laps - 1900 Sunny - 19/11 (Sprint Round)
    Tuning: Allowed
    Wear : x1
    Tyre Regs : RH
    Fuel Depletion : x1
    Initial Fuel : Default
    Qualifying regs : Open
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

[​IMG]

Was some great racing last week, mixed in with a few issues, here is hoping for a clean and enjoyable round 3.... Thanks to @emmo46 for keeping on top of the ladders....big job and he does it well.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : GOAL FOR THIS WEEK ..... MAKE IT THROUGH LAP 1 WITH NO-ONE SPINNING OR MAKING CONTACT ! Give an extra bit of room, and wait till the grid shakes out. Give up a spot if you need to, don't defend like it's the last corner of the last lap ... ;)

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where running wide does give an advantage.... Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT
    : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room....

Good luck Sunday night
    Hat
    [​IMG]
    razor4797 likes this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I will try and let you guys know whether i will/will not be able to attend, on the afternoon before sundays races. If i happen to be able to race and the room is full, there will be no hard feelings as i know im a reserve now (at my own request)

Will keep you posted
    Hatfield likes this.
  5. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Now that is gorgeous
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Makes my Porsche design look a mess :roflmao:
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    there is a livery request thread if you would like someone to make you one!
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  8. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Ah that takes the fun out of it !
    What sort of lap times everyone running at the mo? I was getting, i thought decent times then realised i was running super softs! o_O
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Fun night tonight with 2x 150% race bonuses for clean races

Qualified 5th and got away losing a couple places by T1 but had some really good racing through the pack.
    Caught @arakasi- in 2nd and we swapped the spot a couple times before I set after @razor4797 but he was too quick. I did steal the FL on the final lap with a 55 flat I believe

Race 2 got stuck and couldn't make any spots into T1 but razor got a little tangled at the first S and I was able to get down his inside at the hairpin. Made my way up to 2nd and noticed behind @COME_AND_GET_ME7 had a lose out of the tricky tightening S and in his loss of control it ended with him and razor in the fence!
    It took a long time to catch @incey who was doing awesome out front and when I caught him on the main straight he covered the inside but I managed to pass around the outside. Brilliant racing room :thumbsup:

After that I pulled away little by little and kept an eye on razor. Once he passed @grassies for 3rd, I was pretty sure he would take the night.
    arakasi-, razor4797 and incey like this.
  10. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

congrats to the winners, good to see clean racing too! Just couldn't get better than around 1.40 a lap no matter what i did. Ah well.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hmm o_O couldn't see Incey in race 2, where did he finish?
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    And what was his FL for race 2?
  13. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Pole lap footage:

Pretty solid race night.
    Only just snatched pole by the smallest of margins which set me up perfectly for the first race.

Race 1 went as clean as I hoped for leading from start to finish. Little mistakes combined with good consistency paid off for a comfortable win.

Race 2 was exciting. Had some good battles fighting my way through the mid pack before CAGM had an off in front of me and cleaned me up in the process. Unfortunately I lost about 6 seconds in that mishap, but I knew there was still time to make back the places if I put my head down.
    With Hatfield leading, I was desperate to catch up so that I could still hold onto the overall round win.
    Managed to sneak up into 3rd place with a few laps to go to secure the round win.

Props to @Hatfield for his great performance tonight showing some very clean racing.

Thanks for another memorable round, see you all in 2 weeks as I will be away for next weeks race at Bathurst. Cheers.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    2nd
    emmo46 likes this.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    mine? 1.35.969
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    mate well done from what I saw in race 2.

By the time I had gotten into 2nd, you were a small car up ahead.
    It felt like half the race just to see details on your car. Then when I could see, it took another long period to get close enough for a move.
    The pass at T1... your defence was air tight on the inside. I think I just got lucky you might have slowed up too much expecting me to criss-cross and then you didn't squeeze me off track and left just enough room for me to make the move. If I lit up the rears at all, it would've been goodbye to me.
    (and I know you would've been tempted to smokescreen me at any opportunity ;) )
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

@emmo46 @Hatfield please do not use my fastest lap from the 2nd race as I may or may not have straightened out the chicane and played number cats with the wall to achieve it.
    incey, grassies, emmo46 and 1 other person like this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Good result. :thumbsup: moved you to 5th on the night. Do you or @Hatfield or @Bluemoon have your race time from race 2?
  19. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Great racing last night guys, plenty of room given to each other kept it pretty clean all night. Cheers
    razor4797 likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Provisional Results
    [​IMG]