GT Sport Season 1 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 16, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Race postponed due to catastrophic network gremlins...
    ssman244 likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Wow. Really it’s that bad still ??
    Unbelievable
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

I did a few sport mode races after the debacle last night and noticed as per usual the poor connection Australians have in comparison to all other nations. Mine was nearly the worst among the Aussies too :(.
    We all know our Australian network is a bad joke, with a multitude of different connections. I hate to suggest this but I think we have to restrict entry to Australian/New Zealand only to try to get some stability.
    Also my connection has been very poor since the rain deluge started here on Friday, and my phone landline is out until at least the 8th.
    So I may have contributed to the problems last night due to this, apologies if this was the case.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, the good old network are just diabolical..... shame they havent found a work around after all these years....
    Sad part is we can have a full aussie lobby and have just as many issues...Me and jono just weren't compatible in my final season of GT...we live about 50KLM apart !
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You’d think it wouldn’t be that hard after all these years and advancements in technology this would be a thing of the past...

We delayed it until 9:15 until eventually we decided because of how long the race was going to be (we didn’t even get to quallify) it would be best left until another time.

The problem I believe lies heavily within the network algorithms of Sony/PD, because as far as I can telp this does not happen on Pcars 2, and on F1 in over 50 races, we have only needed to reset a lobby 4 times, and that’s only due to a disconnection after qualifying.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I wouldn’t even like to guess what causes it, but pcars definitely seems more stable. We have the occasional drop out, but nothing like you guys are finding.
  7. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    It would be interesting to see what form of internet your guys have, ADSL and fixed wireless nbn could be the main issue as ADSL 2 and all the other forms of nbn shouldn't be too bad unless the majority are with telstra, optus or TPG, the wet weather would definitely be a factor with the copper based connections as well.
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, i think with such a mishmash of connections it has to be a huge factor.....NBN, ADSL, ADSL2, wireless, mobile hotspot ...
    AroGantz likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 6
    - Dragon Trail - 27 laps - 1000 Fine - 10/12

- Tuning: Allowed
    - Tyre Wear : x1
    - Tyre Regs : RH
    - Fuel Depletion : x1
    - Initial Fuel : Default
    - Qualifying regs : Open
    - Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT

(Map to be added)

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the first 2 tight corners will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in the first race of the season ;)

TRACK LIMITS
    : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : You are able to enter the pits as fast as you wish without being penalised (so far as we know). It is preferable that you do not cut the solid entry/exit lines and be aware of other cars when you are entering/exiting the pits.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until midnight monday night to submit a protest, and midnight Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room. Luckily in GT Sport, if one person gets the replay and shares it, all GT Sport players can view the replay in full from all points of view (however lag can show different things from different drivers replays)
    warrior2167 likes this.
  10. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    My exchange went under water last weekend and the decision was made to disconnect it from the grid yesterday (because it is irreparable) and to completely replace and rewire it. In accordance with the efficient nature of our beloved Telstra they informed me the estimated time for the service to be restored is between the 12th of Dec - 19th of Dec. So I will definitely not be racing this weekend and doubtful for the last weekend of the season too :(.
    Hopefully the grid will still be big enough for enjoyable racing..
    Good luck to all this weekend.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yo where is everyone
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Something’s gotta give, quite fed up of wasting Sunday nights with utterly disgraceful turnouts.
    Again if people cannot make it that’s fine, cheers for letting us know, but those who haven’t even showed up to a single race or show up to one and vanish, why bother? A 6 car race including an outsider not even from rooz and an injured Warrior on a controller, is this where we are at now? Really? Such a far cry from the “glory days” of 2014 or hell even Round 1.
    Roll on Season 2 with one less Div, 4 is clearly too much, this isn’t fun. It’s embarrassing.

WD btw Stigs on a dominant performance.
    Pole and FL too!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Viperzed, pat65, Kieran_B33 and 2 others like this.
  14. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I wouldn't worry mate, There about half a dozen drivers who deserve a division 1 promotion in div 2 alone. Also Lion Face killed it despite not even being a ROOZ member, Hopefully you guys can convince him to run full time. Best to maybe drop a division next season or to get more regular numbers to run 4 divisions.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  15. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Problem is we have over 80 drivers, minus out the ghosts who didnt submit a lap and we still have close to 80 thats easily enough to fill 4 divisions. Trouble happens when people decide they aren't competitive and ghost the league.
    Zachery likes this.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Do we score lion face?
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Might as well, we’ll take anyone at this stage.
  18. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    No-shows have always been part of league racing, at least since I've been here. I'm not really sure why it has become so much worse this season, and why it's afflicting only Div 1. Div 2 had 14 starters and 14 finishers, so this is not a league-wide problem.
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We had 13 in div 3.
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I’m just putting it down to literally haven’t liked the game since day 1, plus haven’t really had time for it

Whereas Thursday F1 I am fairly familiar with what’s going on without practising as I’ve done at least 150 laps at every track, but as things are atm not a great fan of GT sport sadly
    JonoStan96 likes this.