GT - Future Seasons ideas thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Nov 7, 2017.

1. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Lag...the common enemy. I understand :thumbsup:
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I already race around in a well balanced car with loads of grip on Thursdays.
    StigsTC and REVO_Bryan like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Here's what I'm thinking for Season 2:

Qualify & Start on Racing Medium tyres with Racing Softs being available to change via pitstop during the race.
    Full damage on, with minimum 2 pitstops & fuel wear rate increased to stop end of lap 1 pitstops to get off the mediums
    vanzr, incey and Mezign like this.
  4. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    What's the current promotion/relegation system for divisions? Would a football style (top 3 promoted, bottom 3 relegated) championship points system work to bring more balanced divisions? Looking at guys like NAACS and CAB in Div4 who could both easily be at the front of Div2 or even Div1 on their pace. Unless that doesn't work for teams championship?

There also seems to be a lot of wheel guys here. What's the spread of wheel and controller users? Would it be enough to introduce a Wheel and Controller sub-championship and treat it the same way as PRO and AM in WEC?
    pat65 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We usually promote the top three in each division, the lower finishers in a division could be demoted based on numbers. This being a new game with a new qually procedure their were some putting forward qualifying times that were not indicative of their known pace from previous games, causing them to be placed in a lower division than they would be normally. There may be some going up two divisions as has happened in the past. Some guys are faster on a controller than a wheel and vice versa. We place them based on performance regardless of their choice of wheel or pad.
    Tristan Jones and Mezign like this.
  6. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    An idea for div placement could be
    - use the race fastest laps from season 1 as a ranking
    - add all each persons rank from each race up and - - divide by races completed for an average rank
    - split into groups of 12/13
    - there the divs with gaps for new/returning players

Might get it closer for second season anyway
    Tristan Jones and Kieran_B33 like this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We have done that in the past and it would probably be worth doing a again.
  8. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Yep. Pace is pace regardless of input. GT seems more balanced than most titles for pace spread across input method. I expect that gap to spread over the next year though as wheel users are able to make use of finer control input with better setup and circuit knowledge.

Not to mention the pace difference for running no ABS which is next to impossible on a controller. I lost 0.450 to NAACS in one corner during a test race simply by his ability to brake later and modulate the input pressure without locking up. I watched the replay over and over and our lines and input traces were nearly exactly the same, he was just able to do everything in a much shorter distance.

Was only asking as a novelty championship title. Just be nice to be compared like-for-like. :thumbsup:
  9. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    TNR_FILO currently running a controller up in Div 1, and I was GT6 S13 Div 1 champion on a DS3, so it is possible to be very fast on a controller.
    There was a solid gap on controller/wheel on GT6 with stock setups in race cars, but a much closer gap on road cars (which caused a few division problems) and the gap could almost be nothing with tuning enabled for both types.
    Currently we don't have enough experience to know what the gaps are between inputs in ultimate pace, on stock setups or with tuning, because we are all just too new and inexperienced with the game to have found the outer limits and get all that figured out.
    Eventually we'll work all that out but these are a few things that we should keep in mind for future divisions, if we do get the ability to lock tuning and how road cars/race cars behave on controller vs wheel.

Probably should do that on tyre wear such that its no faster to take softs at the end of lap 1, but if you get murdered in turn 1 lap 1 you don't have to limp for 6-7 laps to get to the pit window for fuel.
    Mezign likes this.
  10. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    No doubt, just as it's possible to be slow on a wheel. I'm not saying it as a pace division, simply it expands on the entry format. GT Sport definitely has a more wheel friendly physics engine - which is no surprise considering they're going to use it for the next GT Academy format. No point catering towards pads.

I don't really care either way. But figured I should clarify that it was just a novel idea and not asking that pad users have more recognition for pace compared to wheel users. This is a think-tank topic so just throwing ideas out there. ;)
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Between pad and wheel there is a difference. People have inthe past chosen to run pad in some cars and wheel in others. In the past tight twisty tracks favour a pad. Getting full lock straight away is an advantage.
    As for divs. Unless your markably faster or slower in a division as are some. Which is obvious in a new game and when all pans out. I personally would like to see a reigning champ in all divs. I dont see the point of a battle all season long just to run around the back for the next seasons.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  12. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    What do you mean by this? Everyone who wins their division stays there next season?
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I wouldn't dare have @NAACS remain in div4 next season...
    also where is the driver improvement and progression? you can't get better if you don't get a shot at going up a div
    pat65, CAB77, REVO_Bryan and 2 others like this.
  14. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I did say markably faster or slower. Which reading between the lines is naacs cab etc etc. If its a 2 horse race all season common sense says they are in the wrong div and sandbagged quali. As for driver imrovement running a second or more off the pace in a div to high is boring and no fun. I dont know about everyone else but as competitive person as i am i log on to escape worries and hassels and what not to have fun.
    In short there are obviously guys in a div or two to low.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Not at all. Cant do anything bout div 1. 3 and 4 have runaway leaders so of course not. 2 is bang on for the majority. With those winning 3 and 4 basically at div2 pace or better anyway.
    Div 1 gets a reigning champ. With maybe a couple of guys that could be knocked off.
    After a season or two when pace is more sorted i dont see why there couldnt be reigning champs in all divs.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    well we will see.
    with new drivers coming on board, and guys in higher divisions that need to move down, it will probably be awhile before divisions have reigning champions (bar div1)
  17. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I see what you mean however I feel you will run into a couple problems...
    a) What about drivers who finish 2nd and 3rd that season do they go up or stay?
    b) This would have to be an option for the drivers as I know some may want to step up and have a challenge at the next division, this would also work in the sense that a driver wins the div a few seasons in a row and refuse to move up - they would have to be forced up
    c) When people need to move down a division and no one moves up across all divisions it will cause div 1 to be thin and div 4 (or whatever # the lowest division is) to be overflowing
    I think it would be cool to keep the division winner from the previous season in the same div to see if anyone can knock them off their crown but those are some problems i can see...
    Knuckles and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I think the divisions will be much better next season. The only reason I'm going as fast as I am at the moment is because of Naacs. I'm doing well over a 1000km on the track trying to find time to catch up. I enjoy racing and would much prefer to be mid pack with a bunch of guys my pace then up front racing against 1 or 2 people. The qualify procedure for this season was pretty mis leading. Didn't like the car nor the track it was on. So not that I sand bagged it just was hard for me to squeeze time out of that combination.
    CaptainRisky21 and NAACS like this.
  19. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Whats the situation with Divs and team championships? Are they run together or is that a separate deal? Do you split team drivers between Divs?
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Mezign likes this.