PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Good luck to everyone this round. Just a reminder that I'm away with work on Sunday and won't be racing.
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Anthonyb like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    for those of you yet to hear, the new patch has hit and available to download....
    i have tested very briefly this morning, and it would seem that the tyre model has changed, giving some pretty high temps for this weeks round at Indy Road.

I am planning on doing a few race runs tonight, and may look at changing the date to get a cooler than 57* track temp to keep the tyres in check a little more....

If really keen for a run tonight let me know, or keep an eye out for me online from about 9 sydney time.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok everyone....after testing last night we have come up with a much better, non tyre melting date etc for this weeks race,....
    race date is now 1/10/17
    Qual at 5pm
    Race start at 6pm

The tyre temp were heaps better, front left got to about 110 before dropping down again.....Track temp at about 31*

Other things we found were
    - Seemed to be more slip stream
    - The rear of the car was a little looser it seemed...
    - If you have PS Pro you can adjust the graphic / framerate levels in options
    - There were drivers who had a different level of fuel it seemed for qual....we dont have a work around for this at the moment, nor do we know why it's happened.
    - we didn't test the pit stops to see if any change, however i have seen somewhere written that having 'manual pit stops on' can have an effect on what happens in the pit lane. We will test this after the season to see if we can get it to work
    - Kart has a direct line to Ryan Story

Will be testing again later tonight after work xmas party, hopefully with a full race distance, if any changes will let you know....
    Stu
  4. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    The increased dynamics with the slipstreaming sounds interesting. Did you all notice any difference with the tyre wall roll after the update? Plus is the time of mid 1.26 a par time for indy?
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i didnt notice in terms of feel.....the wheel did feel lighter but i cant say if that had anything to do with the tyres...All ill say s that the rear of the car felt a little more loose, particularly on turn in if still on the brake...
  6. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Cheers stu, looks like today will be a day of recalibration of my g29, checking ffb settings and doing a few quali and race distance practices. Should b fun
    Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    the wheel felt ok still, just a little lighter...perhaps change the tone before you do anything else and see how that feels..
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  8. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I did a couple of 26.5s in qually last night and 27 deads in race
  9. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Cheers ant, shame u want b racing on sunday.
  10. Anthonyb

Yeah really disappointed that I have to miss it.
    Good luck everyone
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Further to my post above guys i have just tested with @@Nathan Storrier , @@Ant_427 @@annelorrianne and @@arnold watson and we found that with teh tyre settings on "accelerated" wear, there was terrible clipping from about lap 20, and it got progressively worse as the race went on....
    SO, i just tested with the wear on "AUTHENTIC" and it was perfect.....All temps were as previously tested (FL max of about 110*) and the wear was fine with no clipping at all....

@rossi0nsx can you please make sure you run tyre wear on Authentic

The other thing i found was that in qual if you jump to pit, it auto sends your fuel to the amount in your pit strat ... i need to test a little more, but for me i ended on 95L after jumping back into pit during qual.....The race fuel was fine for everyone.

We also found that even though the fuel was not burning off, the lap times seemed to indicate the weight was coming off the car.....For the first few laps the brake zone is at about the 500 m mark with the added weight...;)

Good luck tonight, the track grip goes up and down ..... PLEASE be careful turn 1 and don't ruin someone's night....
    Stu
  12. Anthonyb

The 27s where on fuel for only 6 laps so will probably be a little higher
  13. Anthonyb

Ok stupid question but whats clipping?
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    the wheel starts to vibrate for no reason in a straight line.....it started really soft and got progressively worse after lap 20
  15. Anthonyb

As good as my ice maker on pcars
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    pretty much
  17. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    I just did 3 full races and yes definitely after lap 20 the vibs started. Thought i had flat spots. Will b trying another practice with tyres on authentic. Cheers all and race ya later
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    No worries Stu. Will have the room up about 7:30pm
  19. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Gday div 3 rooz drivers, well what an exciting race that was. As usuall close and very competitive. I stole pole position from tb by 0.001 and yes that was 0.001, but i didnt make the most of it at the start of the race. Got a shocker of a start and ended up 4th by the first corner, but it was great to sit back and watch tb ant and rossi fight for position for a few laps. Tb 1st posi with ant close in 2nd with rossi 3rd and myself in 4th. Rossi and i had had a great battle with some intense close racing, then i got a chance to overtake. With about 10 laps to go i started to reel in tb and ants 8s gap with rossi close behind. I got the gap down to 4s with 4 laps to go and thought i was in with a chance of catching then a silly mistake at a chicane handing 3rd back to rossi. That was how the race finished, congrats tb ant and rossi on the podium. Another great race with a good bunch of racers, onto the americas for a nother interesting circuit. Untill then race ya later.
    Ant_427, stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  20. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Gday all, are we using the gp or national track for the circuit of the americas round? Cheers