Season 14 Entry & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Season 14 is due to kick off 12th Feb to sync up with the console leagues due to the return of the Cross Platform Teams Championship. The AC league teams will run along side this as usual. Post your interest and season format ideas here.

FYI http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/past-season-cars.2680/

Entrants
    1. @Anon666 (assumed always in!)
    2. @Rolz
    3. @Cherno
    4. @Bogor
    5. @marty
    6. @jlynn777
    7. @Godzilla
    8. @c4rLo5
    9. @tezpez85
    10. @krunch
    11. @vanzr
    12. @loris P.
    13. @Doublevision
    14. @Steve Crossland
    15. @Zero05
    16. @jasondull1986
    17. @bbhrt
    18. @Mr.McGibblets
    19. @Shaun_A
    20. @TheStig13
    21. @SirPoopington
    22. @Ringo
    23. @NPRK
    Maybes:
    1. @KoAStR (new arrival due feb permitting)
    2. @bmx_mtb_boy
    3. @Zachery
    4. @Sam D Blacklock
    5. @Casper
    6. @CAB77
    7. @Mael
    8. @Peter Wise
    9. @bencrow-
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

V8SC's are fun but a handful.. could turn ppl off...
    Maybe an open-wheeler season?
    Steve Crossland and jlynn777 like this.
  3. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Sign me up.
    I'll race anything. May not race well, however I'll race :)
    Would it be mixed cars or just the one series?
    Maybe something that does not give a lot of option to tinker with so it comes down to Tire pressure and a few minor tweaks, but mainly driver skill?
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

That was really the Skyline last season... camber/toe and that was it...
  5. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Id like to use a race car after last season.But will drive whatever.
    Some i think would be fun:
    F2004
    Toyota lemans hybrid thing
    Oreca fml09
    Ginetta g55
    Catherham any of the 3
    Cayman gt4 supercup
    Corvette c7r gte
    Gt1 Porsche
    McLaren f1 gtr

Could do a multiclass season with the lmp1 toyota and the c7r gte. That would be fun.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will be in for anything but will be away for at least a couple weeks in Feb.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  7. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Definitely keen.
    My go to car is the Renault RS01 and I think it would work a treat.
    Also really enjoy the Porshe 911 Carrera RSR 3.0
    Would be leaning towards RWD with aero and some good top speed :)
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  8. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Defenitly in. Not super keen on the V8SC though. Tatuus would be fun, not too fast and reasonably friendly, GT4 cars or the lotus 2-11/3-11 cars would be cool as well
    Steve Crossland, jlynn777 and Bogor like this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Updated OP with a link to the list of cars used in passed seasons.
    Also going through a few previous season car selection threads here's a list of stuff that almost made the pick.
    • Corvette C7 Stingray
    • Porsche 962C Short tail (DLC: Porsche pack II)
    • Toyota AE86 tuned (DLC: Jap pack)
    • Nissan 370 (DLC: Jap pack)
    • AC Legends GT (mod)
    I'd generally prefer to stick with Kunos cars as they're known quality and still plenty we haven't used.
    Rolz and Cherno like this.
  10. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

pleeeeeease
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Would you guys ever be up for a season with more then 1 car that run close lap times? if cars in general are within 1 sec at most tracks with free choice of cars then it may make the fields a bit more interesting and also alter racing a little with different strengths and weaknesses.

Even in real racing cars are never perfectly equal like in a single make cup class but if track types are mixed up a little its unlikely the same car will be best all season. Also people get more from some cars then others and so may be better suited in a different car getting them better lap times even if another car is faster in someone else's hands.

With pit stops one car may use more fuel then another again mixing up the race a little so the outright fastest car may take longer in pits balancing things out some.
    krunch and Bogor like this.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    We have done it before, half a season with the Kunos DTM, and later half a season wiht URD GT3 cars. Unfortunately they probably weren't quite balanced enough in performance and this wasn't offset by any other factors (in fact the poorer performing cars tended to use more fuel and tyres compounding the in-equality).

There seems to be good parity in the two 60's GP cars (Lotus 49 and Ferrari 312-67). But I wouldn't recommend straying from the one-make formula for the official league unless it's thoroughly tested by the group, or is a clear cut multi-class divisional field.
    marty likes this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I would love to do a GT3 season some time as was late to the league racing party and missed everyone running them. A dual class season would be good as well, the LMP and GT3 or going older the DTM and Group C cars
    jlynn777 likes this.
  14. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I would like to see mixed cars that are close to performance / lap times. No ideas which ones they would be though, way too new to all of this. I have raced the YellowBird around BlackCat Country long a fair bit, that car is a beast to handle and would make a "fun" off season car to race around in.
    I have been watching the Improved Production series and that has got me keen on a mixed field.
    Some of it comes down to the car and the setup, however I think most of it comes from the driver. I have lots to learn still.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The AC legends mods (GT and TransAm) are excellent for mixed field racing but still better for an off-season or side series IMO as a couple of the cars aren't very well matched. Trouble with mixed fields is it takes a lot of testing to find cars that really are close to performance at a variety of tracks with a variety of tunes / fuel loads / race distance (for tyre wear and fuel burn rates) etc.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Even if they aren't all exactly equal isn't a massive issue, not everyone has to win and people could choose their own car. It may end up being a Mercedes or it could end up as a Sauberf F1 lol. Like in most real series not every car has a chance to win if all have a clean race but battling with an underdog car for me at least is fun as long as its relatively close and has a slight chance. Its not that far away from running heavy ballast where you really shouldnt be at the front but sometimes you can squeeze a bit more out of it.

In the end it may end up one car was best just like nearly every series in real racing even the heavily BOP'd GT classes with 1 car having the edge most rounds.

There are a few cars that are pretty close and with some testing in a server it can be found which is worth having and what cars maybe could do with some BOP like a bit of restrictor if one clearly has too much pace.
  17. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Count me in again please. :thumbsup:
  18. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

19. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Sign me up again :)
  20. vanzr

vanzr Rookie

PSN ID
    vanzr_