GT Sport Season 2 Entry Thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 19, 2017.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Well that changes things
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP Updated:

Tuning will be prohibited
  3. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    I think the option to turn it on and off is better. I would think in time and practice, tuning of the cars could be the difference between winning and losing, throwing more strategy into the races. Of course, that said I am yet to do a season with you guys, so everything matched would create rivalries and close racing but at least it could be a future option
  4. skintsaint

skintsaint Rookie

Damn ah well. :)
  5. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I'm ok with this, it'll be interesting how the next championship plays out now.
  6. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Will this not make the current car choices for next season worth reconsidering?
    Now there is no tuning we’d need to choose better.
    JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you have 4 to choose from. choose wisely

there is always next season if a car is chosen you don't like
  8. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    With Tuning prohibited and me scheduled for nbn late jan/early feb season 2 looks like the perfect time to launch my big grind in the game so count me in
    JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  9. dunamotornz

dunamotornz Rookie

PSN ID
    SPMotorNZ
    in, hopefully have a wheel by then, think the controller has had its time
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    A bit off-topic, but are we going to run the BJH Race of Champions this time around?
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @t_b_williams
  14. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

15. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    This has been talked about behind closed doors.
    It was generally decided with the dwindling numbers that this will become an annual event made up of division champions throughout the year. Hoping to draw bigger numbers to keep the interest and respect the event deserves. Didn't want to see it fall away to be a has been event. Bruce's memory will live on.
    Full details will be put up in a new thread in the new year.
    Noremac, Hatfield, KoAStR and 3 others like this.
  16. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    This would be good, I read about Bruce in the SuperRooz section but it would be good to have a current post for the benefit of us new guys.
  17. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Shame about no tuning. Tuning a setup is a massive part of racing, and only makes everyone a better racer as they learn and understand what the car is doing. Banning tuning is like keeping your child in prep for another year because they get good grades.

Can we at least ban TC and open Tuning for Div1?
  18. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Whereas I agree with you about tuning @Mezign if numbers are dropping because people don't have time to tune then is better to run without it than not run at all...... TC on the other hand..... You have my vote for a total ban.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Whats the point of having no tc if you can't tune. If you run no tc you tune it to be the most drivable
  20. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I just think if you're in Div1 you should really know what you're doing with setups, or at the very least understand what's working and what isn't when trying setups found online.

It doesn't take the top guys long to get within the pace bracket when trying a new car and track combination. If you already know the car and track it only takes a handful of laps to translate that knowledge into a decent lap pace.

Honestly, I see it as more detrimental to the issue of dwindling numbers because if we aren't chasing a setup the mid-week practice lobbies won't be represented well. It's just going to be the guys in the lower divisions who need to spend more time lapping to learn the car/track and the faster guys spending the rest of the week playing COD (or something else).

Other issue is if the selected car is a dog at a certain track... that's it. There's nothing you can do but push rope all week.