GT Sport Season 2 Entry Thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 19, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What’s with the hardline stance on no TC?

Group 3 (GT3) cars are tuned around their driving aids so banning TC on cars that actually use them in real life is pretty daft.
  2. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I think it would make for better starts and generally better racing one people come to grips with it Jono, could be an issue for controllers but Mezign seems to cope.... Probably because he's an alien.
  3. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    TC doesn't work well in GT. It limits pedal range/pressure, not engine speed from spiking revs. The argument about GT3 cars would be valid if A: we were using GT3 next season, and B: if GT Sport modelled the TC in the same way as the real life counterpart.

The way I see it TC just breads a generation of lazy racers who rely on aids - and are somewhat useless when dealing with things like tyre wear, limited grip (weather- hopefully in time) and fuel management. I have no quarrel with lower divisions using TC, I just believe there needs to be a reason to be in Div1... and a reason to stay there for following seasons.

Either way, with the company we had in Div2, and the pace of the top guys in Div1 I'm probably looking at fighting for 7-10th all season if I'm promoted to Div1 anyway. :roflmao:
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    tuning will be prohibited.

however, come tonight to the tittsup event where tuning is allowed
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...oz-take-it-to-the-street-under-pressure.3030/
  5. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    If like to put forward another suggestion for season 2 regarding cars being stuck on the grid. We are having an issue the other night where one car was always getting stuck so we changed to the rolling start and it fixed the issue. I'm not suggesting going to rolling starts but maybe having a provision that allows for a rolling start if a room has a number of grid issues, maybe if cars get stuck twice a rolling gets considered for the third restart.
    Noremac likes this.
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    No TC on the start is near impossible for me, digital face buttons and such. Although i would defs like to prohibit it, even though i would get shocking starts
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we tried this once and more people got stuck with AI driving the car with rolling start.

Last time someone got stuck, they did a full reset (router/ps4) and rejoined and it worked but we can't guarantee it won't happen again.

Unfortunately, at this stage it will just have to be a case by case basis. If we are running late, only 1 restart at most would normally be available for stuck on grid. If we are on-time, maybe 2 restarts.
    AroGantz likes this.
  8. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    I’m in....started a new job beginning of December which wreaked some havoc with my spare time, hence I missed the last couple of races in S1.
    Looking forward to S2.
    AroGantz likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It’s still an aid regardless, and should be implemented and allowed if the car uses it in real life. The use or non use of a GT3 car next season is irrelevant.

I’m as much of an advocate as no tc git gud as anyone (TC is banned for Div 1 in the ROOZ F1 league which I run FYI) but GT is a different beast. TC wont be getting banned here, end of story.
  10. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Ladies and gentleman... the sound of an admin slapping his dick on the table. :rolleyes::roflmao:
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    funny thing is he isn't an admin
    StigsTC likes this.
  12. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    You sure? I mean... is he sure? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Look, either way I don't really care. Was looking for a sensible discussion about what's allowed and why. Just getting 'door in the face' responses without any really logical explanation. It is what it is. If when round one pops up and the car sucks without tuning I just wont race this season. No point in showing up to drive around in circles if it isn't enjoyable. :thumbsup:
    CAB77 likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok fair enough. Here is an explanation from an admin.

IMO

the reason we prefer to run league seasons as no tuning is it keeps the car equal for everyone. It comes down to the driver and their ability to drive the car.
    We like big grids and lots of divisions. Many drivers are what we call 'arrive-n-drive' where real life is busy and they don't have time to practice a lot as it is before jumping on Sunday night for some serious fun. With tuning, it is another aspect to prepare that they don't have time for, and numbers reduce.
    Yes, they could just run one of the tunes posted, but they still have to figure out at least a new top end gearbox setting for each track (which may or may not end up being wrong anyway). Some people don't like the feeling of getting a perfect corner exit while the guy in front messes up his, but still pulls away due to superior set up.

With tuning off, if driver A beats driver B he knows it is because he was better at driving the car in that race. The league season is about our ability to drive. We don't have engineers for each driver to help set up the car and a race weekends time to do it.

Yes advantage can still be gained by people with time to practice more. But the overall advantage gained is smaller compared to someone who can get the perfect tune over a stock tune.

Division 1 example is @KeedenMcdonald vs @StigsTC
    Keeden is a very fast driver. He is also good a tuning a car for his advantage.
    Stigs is the same.

However, keeden is generally faster than stigs. Last season with tuning, keeden won 5 of 5 races he attended.
    In the last same car season in GT6, stigs beat keeden 3 out of 5 times they raced together
    Cyberstig1 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Ah so never mind I almost entirely agreed with your statement, all you got out of it was an admin (which I’m not) slapping his ego around. Wonderful.

We’ve had 28 seasons of GT racing, with TC allowed for all and including Div 1 with no complaints before. Why do we need such a change that only serves to disadvantage a select few?
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

However, keeden is generally faster than stigs. Last season with tuning, keeden won 5 of 5 races he attended.
    In the last same car season in GT6, stigs beat keeden 3 out of 5 times they raced together[/QUOTE]

Not taking anything from stig cause 1 he hands me a lesson in all types of racing. 2 i couldnt use a controller to save myself. Some cars are faster, ie the rocket on controller. And if i was quicker on controller in certain cars id be swapping back and forth to.
    StigsTC likes this.
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    That one was more down to my driving style being pretty weak in traction phase, to the point where I abandoned the wheel and jumped back on a DS3 in the Rocket so I could push to the absolute maximum in order to keep up without spinning off every 2nd lap. My optimisation on a DS3 with its tendency to understeer was greater than on wheel, and in that car specifically, the DS3 gave me a net advantage I was able to exploit.

On GTS the talent gap that exists in the exit and traction area is magnified by the tyre model providing less grip, and without an absolute understanding of how to max out my performance it was inevitable that I was going to lose, with or without tuning. I've not once managed to match Keedan in the Sport TTs when I gave those a proper go, but as the season progressed and I got more seat time, I closed the lap time gap between us (although my strategy sucked lol).

However as Jono said, tuning prohibited and specific aids allowed has been how Rooz has run since the dawn of time, and we probably won't see that change as most of the racers here like that and race because of that, even if a few drivers really would like to see tuning. I can't think of anything that would bring about a change, as its just part of the way Rooz runs.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ah right sorry, you were also arguing about TC...

TC isn't banned because not all drivers are division 1 superstars.

As for the comment of banning it only in division 1, we run the same settings across all divisions so everyone can see where they stack up against all other divisions. Also makes division placement much easier with everyone on equal footing.

By all means you may run without TC and will probably end up being faster, but that doesn't mean others should have to run without it because you want them to
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Stop slapping your dick around, you almost got me in the face you turkey
    Hatfield likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    wouldn't be the first time
    JonoStan96 and Viperzed like this.
  20. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Fair enough. I don't want to turn this into a debate - context and tone are hard to manage on a forum when you don't know people well enough. I think Jono is getting a bit snowflakey at my dick slap comment.

I'd like to grab you guys for a party chat some time though to discuss. It'd be a bit of a TLDR if I addressed everything here. 5min in party makes it easy.